2009 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Recruits

Below is a link to the BV website. 2009 recruit Ashley Eide is in town to take on the LYNX. Watch her and the #2 Warriors take on the the state's #3 team.

http://www.brandonvalley.k12.sd.us/
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

In the Washington (#2) - Brandon Valley (#3) showdown, Ashley Eide shot 50% (9-18) from the field, 75% from the FT line (8-12), had eight rebounds and eight steals to lead Washington to a 58-47 win last night...going to be great to watch her in Yellow and Blue next fall!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        In the Washington (#2) - Brandon Valley (#3) showdown, Ashley Eide shot 50% (9-18) from the field, 75% from the FT line (8-12), had eight rebounds and eight steals to lead Washington to a 58-47 win last night...going to be great to watch her in Yellow and Blue next fall!
        I doubt that we will see Ashley in yellow and blue next year as it will get coated in red as she gets a year to mature and desire to be in the game.

In watching Jill Young this year, the redshirt year seems to have done her a lot of good.

Jacks are doing a super job in recruiting talent, (THANKS AJ/Laura M) and dare I say that this top 25 team this year may not be the best we see here over the next 5 years?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          I doubt that we will see Ashley in yellow and blue next year as it will get coated in red as she gets a year to mature and desire to be in the game.
          You could be right RR, but I'm not sure of that. Remember, we didn't have a choice on Jill...she had to redshirt because of the transfer. Having seen all of the '09 class play, except for Dietal, who surely won't redshirt...I suspect if AJ redshirts any of the incoming guards it would be Tara Heiser of Watertown, and I suppose it is possible he would redshirt Katie Lingle too. But again, he hasn't been big on redshirting...it will be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

It's gonna be a nightmare for an opposing team to try & bring the ball up the court if they have all 3 of the best guards in the state , or a combo of them & the good guards we have now, when they decide to press.I think there will be lot's of steals.The only downside are the seniors this year leaving.But, that happens every year most of the time.
            Wish we could of got 4 of the best 4 , but Emily Schulte from O'Gorman went to Augie.Boy, i can be greedy
            Last edited by shinman; 02-05-2009, 12:52 AM.

Comment

It has been said before but this team is just going to get better and better which as a fan, is something I am drooling over... With the mens team looking to improve and growing as the season has gone on, it is really easy to get super excited about this year and the future.

Comment

I spent four great years in SD at SDSU (years ago) so I'm not really up to date on the high school ball in the state so it's great to read about the incoming Jackrabbit talent. I am aware of the Minnesota talent though and I like what i see from the kids on our current roster, and incoming the next two years from the Gopher state. Looks like AJ will have lots of options with his roster.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                  I spent four great years in SD at SDSU (years ago) so I'm not really up to date on the high school ball in the state so it's great to read about the incoming Jackrabbit talent. I am aware of the Minnesota talent though and I like what i see from the kids on our current roster, and incoming the next two years from the Gopher state. Looks like AJ will have lots of options with his roster.
                  I didn,t know much either, but here's a link to help you get up to speed.
                  http://sdsportstalk.com/forum/viewfo...5f2d533e142890

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post

Holy crap is she good. She does all the litttle things the way they are supposed to be done. She gets up and down the court like a jackrabbit already. She's definetly a keeper.

Comment

Tara Heiser poured in 28 in a loss to Lincoln.

From the Argus Leader.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...0101/902060311

Comment

More on Watertown's Tara Heiser: Heiser's 28 points against SF Lincoln put her #1 on the top-scoring list for the Arrows with 1,163 career points, surpassing former Arrow great Jaime Berry who finished her career (1996 graduate) with 1,154.

Only three Arrow girls basketball players have scored more than 1000 career points: Heiser, Berry and (some will remember this name, the outstanding runner and basketball player, an All-American for Iowa), Kay Stormo.

Nice article in the Watertown Public Opinion on Friday. Berry coached Heiser in her 9th grade and soph seasons when Berry was a Watertown Assistant. Berry is now Assistant Coach at NDSU and had nice things to say about Heiser for the newspaper.

State's getting not only an excellent athlete with Heiser, one who's true abilities will come out in the college game (another example of how the Mellum and Johnston scouting service know how to pick 'em), but another top-notch student, one of the WHS top seniors.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          More on Watertown's Tara Heiser: Heiser's 28 points against SF Lincoln put her #1 on the top-scoring list for the Arrows with 1,163 career points, surpassing former Arrow great Jaime Berry who finished her career (1996 graduate) with 1,154.

Only three Arrow girls basketball players have scored more than 1000 career points: Heiser, Berry and (some will remember this name, the outstanding runner and basketball player, an All-American for Iowa), Kay Stormo.

Nice article in the Watertown Public Opinion on Friday. Berry coached Heiser in her 9th grade and soph seasons when Berry was a Watertown Assistant. Berry is now Assistant Coach at NDSU and had nice things to say about Heiser for the newspaper.

State's getting not only an excellent athlete with Heiser, one who's true abilities will come out in the college game (another example of how the Mellum and Johnston scouting service know how to pick 'em), but another top-notch student, one of the WHS top seniors.
                          http://www.brandonvalley.k12.sd.us/

Watch her play tonight at 7:30.

Comment

Eide scores 23 in a big win.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...01/1002/sports

Comment

If anyone wants to watch Leah Dietal play, you can watch this video. It is from a January 10, 2009 game with Jordan vs. Minneapolis South. The video is 1 1/2 hours long and must show the entire game. I only watched the first 10 minutes or so and she look very mobile for a tall girl.

The production of the video is very good. There is one camera at the end of the gym that is too close to the action, but the graphics are very good.

Minneapolis South has a girl, Tayler Hill, who is averaging 32.8 points a game and is a few hundred points from being the all time scorer in Minnesota state history. She is still undecided where she will play college ball, but she is a top 20 recruit in the country. In the video it looked like Leah was guarding her, which is actually a good sign for us. Tayler is a guard and Leah was listed as the Center for Jordan.

No. 10 for Jordan is Brittany Chambers. She is going to play BB at Kansas State. JFYI.

I will probably watch the entire game at home where I have speakers.

Go State!!!
                              Go Jacks!!!
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Made thread sticky.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X