Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

I can handle Newitt.

It's Elsen who drives me out of my mind.

During football THIS fall... USD rushes for 3 yards "Good gain for the coyotes to bring up a second and medium." Jackrabbits run for 3 yards "not much there for the Jackrabbits.".
    And it wasn't a one time thing. It's every time. About everything. He's the worst. The absolute worst. He has no business doing any games outside of the Coyotes broadcast network.
    Same.

There is nothing worse than a homer announcer.

As far as Elsen, the disappointment is clear when jsd is getting stomped. That's unprofessional on a broadcast that's supposed to be neutral.

Comment

AJ mentioned on the radio show that Nielsen is starting to practice and will play again this season. Hasn't played much, but having a third big could be important with Brooklyn and Mesa both starting now.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        AJ mentioned on the radio show that Nielsen is starting to practice and will play again this season. Hasn't played much, but having a third big could be important with Brooklyn and Mesa both starting now.
        Natalie had her RS year last year as well. I would assume she has had some conditioning even though not normal routine. Mesa can play outside of paint easier than Brooklyn or Natalie. The Jackrabbits will make it work.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Natalie had her RS year last year as well. I would assume she has had some conditioning even though not normal routine. Mesa can play outside of paint easier than Brooklyn or Natalie. The Jackrabbits will make it work.
          I don't remember if it was ever made public what her injury was. It doesn't seem that she ever wore a boot or other leg brace.

Comment

dead as dead could be around here
            so here is a meaningless question that comes up when there is no other conversation going on

WHAT is the deal with the USD WBB basketball shorts? i mean look at the photo attached to the game recap on gojacks (weird to have a photo with 2 opposing players so prominent). i cannot be alone in thinking they look beyond ridiculous, right?

i cannot imagine what the reasoning would have to be, for me as a coach, that i would let my team look like that on purpose, but they have worn their shorts like this thru at least 3 coaches now. anyway, does anyone have anything resembling a reasonable explanation?

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
              dead as dead could be around here
              so here is a meaningless question that comes up when there is no other conversation going on

WHAT is the deal with the USD WBB basketball shorts? i mean look at the photo attached to the game recap on gojacks (weird to have a photo with 2 opposing players so prominent). i cannot be alone in thinking they look beyond ridiculous, right?

i cannot imagine what the reasoning would have to be, for me as a coach, that i would let my team look like that on purpose, but they have worn their shorts like this thru at least 3 coaches now. anyway, does anyone have anything resembling a reasonable explanation?
              Are you talking about when they tuck them up into their base layer? If so, I don't understand it either. Maybe the shorts are too long? I do see lots of female basketball players do it on different teams at different levels.

I just asked a young lady who plays. She said regular basketball shorts make them look like boys and the shorts are too long. She said they roll the waist band to shorten them some and then tuck the bottoms so they aren't so boxy/boyish looking.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post

Are you talking about when they tuck them up into their base layer? If so, I don't understand it either. Maybe the shorts are too long? I do see lots of female basketball players do it on different teams at different levels.

I just asked a young lady who plays. She said regular basketball shorts make them look like boys and the shorts are too long. She said they roll the waist band to shorten them some and then tuck the bottoms so they aren't so boxy/boyish looking.
                I call it the full diaper look.

Comment

exactly
                  if they are doing it for appearance. that would indicate that they think the way they appear is good i guess. maybe they dont have any mirrors in vermillion? but they do have mirrors for the away games. I mean if i look at that photo on gojacks and #12 is my kid, I am asking her if she really wants people taking photos of her looking like that.

and for 3 coaching staffs (at least) now and how many administrators they watch this and they cannot get some shorts ordered so this does not continue? the whole institution is overflowing with geniuses!

i am not a giant fan of the UA uniforms in general, but wildly thankful our girls rarely if ever employ that

okey doke, thanks fellas! anyone got a good idea for something to talk about next?

Comment

How about basketball related pet peeves? I hate when announcers say "score the basketball". I also hate the terms ball screen and dribble drive.

Comment

How about basketball related pet peeves? I hate when announcers say "score the basketball". I also hate the terms ball screen and dribble drive.
                      i am totally with you on this one RTB! the dribble drive offense was a system, to my knowledge became most popular in the late 90s and had a 10-15 year peak of usage. and somehow MANY announcers started using the term dribble drive any (and for some announcers nearly EVERY) time someone dribbled the ball in the front court. i believe all the Jacks announcers use the term, but Scotty and Brad P the most. i grew up with Brad, totally love the guy, but he drives me nuts with usage of that one

i mean WHAT other kind of drive is there?? of course you are going to be dribbling!! simply say drives left, drives right, drives down the lane, etc...

as far as ball screen, how else do you differentiate between on and off ball screen? or you specifically like the term on ball screen better than just ball screen?

score the basketball is very old terminology, perhaps going back to peach basket days. i think i would find it annoying if an announcer was using the term repeatedly, but overall, i guess i don't hate it

anyway, EVERYONE that i know closely enough to talk regularly about Jacks BB knows that our announcers make me crazy (maybe the trip to crazy is too short of a trip for me) with dribble drive, so i am definitely with you on that one!!

Comment

On a side note, I also don't like the words hot dish, meatloaf and kiddos. All three of those things are awesome, I just can't stand the words themselves. My list of pet peeves is long. I spend most of my days annoyed at things that shouldn't be annoying.

Comment

I would guess most of you know two of my biggest peeves. they have been pointed out plenty already
                          bad rebounding. the greatest rebounding sin of all is giving up an O board on a missed FT. i have said it here many many times. rebounding takes absolutely no talent there is no excuse for being bad at it. this is why Scott Nagy was and always will be one of my favorite coaches. our feelings on rebounding are basically identical

being a bad FT shooter. i dont think everyone can shoot 90% but I believe anyone can shoot at least something in the neighborhood of 70%
                          i am very pleased with Brooklyn having her shooting up to about 67% and i fully expect she will keep improving

another one that i have mentioned a lot less, but i think i have brought it up before-
                          i would like to see the left right left right left right sit down cheer outlawed))) guessing i could be in a significant minority?? (obviously outlawed is an exaggeration)

Comment

I think that the word "conversion" for basket is both misused and overused.
                            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

On a side note, I also don't like the words hot dish, meatloaf and kiddos. All three of those things are awesome, I just can't stand the words themselves. My list of pet peeves is long. I spend most of my days annoyed at things that shouldn't be annoying.
                              this is good to know RTB! maybe all of us need to open up a bit more. we can be a closer more connected community of Jacks fans on the internet)!! purposefully stated in a joking manner, but i am all for sharing and connection!

any suggestions for what you like them to be called? kiddos i think we got, but what about alternatives for hot dish and meatloaf? i love them both also, as well as kiddos (that is why i became a teacher and coach in the first place- love kids) i think i say hot dish, casserole, and goulash almost interchangeably. goulash, i think is probably more specific. every goulash could be a hot dish but not ever hot dish can be a goulash

here is a bother for me. i would not call it a peeve. i am not really annoyed with it, unless the user is a particular know it all or smarty pants.

IRREGARDLESS
                              if you look it up, it is said to be an actual word, but the meaning is- REGARDLESS
                              there is no reason for it

if you want to not regard something, you say regardless, why would you want to add a prefix meaning NOT in front of it? it is like saying not not regarding

anyway, i would say my list is also long, but i dont believe i spend too much time being annoyed. i spend too much time thinking about things that are not worth the time, but i would not say annoyed

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                                I think that the word "conversion" for basket is both misused and overused.
                                is it ok for making FTs? but not for other baskets? or wrong for all of them?

Comment

Working...
                                X