GDT: Jackrabbits vs yotes 6pm SCSC Midco2/SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs yotes 6pm SCSC Midco2/SLN

It is heading into the home stretch of the conference season with the 2nd rivalry game with USD. USD has won 3 in a row since their visit to Frost. Elsen & Newitt will be doing the Midco duties for those who favor those 2. The replacement for Vlastuin in the starting 5 is likely Colbeck. The bench will be getting minutes added to their role tonight. Hopp & Byom have shown they are capable of carrying the load while on the floor. This year with a shrunken roster shows the quality of the Jackrabbit recruits. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

It will be interesting to see how AJ splits up Vlastuin's minutes. Looking at the stats, I was surprised that she is leading the team in minutes at 31 per game. Colbeck and Hopp likely see increases, and we may see more of Brooklyn and Byom together like we saw at NDSU. And one of the walk-on's is almost going to have to see a few more minutes unless a lot of the starters are going to play 35 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      It will be interesting to see how AJ splits up Vlastuin's minutes. Looking at the stats, I was surprised that she is leading the team in minutes at 31 per game. Colbeck and Hopp likely see increases, and we may see more of Brooklyn and Byom together like we saw at NDSU. And one of the walk-on's is almost going to have to see a few more minutes unless a lot of the starters are going to play 35 minutes.
      I agree. The two walk-on's are going to have to eat a few minutes at some point. It is going to be very tough to play three games in four days during the SLT with only seven players.

Comment

The softball walk on seems serviceable for about 8 minutes a game I think

Comment

Probably have to start Hopp over Colbeck, Colbeck will handle the ball when P Meyer needs to sit. It'll be a mishmash of lineups, Vlastuin was importart to this team. It's gonna hurt now that she's out.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
            Probably have to start Hopp over Colbeck, Colbeck will handle the ball when P Meyer needs to sit. It'll be a mishmash of lineups, Vlastuin was importart to this team. It's gonna hurt now that she's out.
            They are going to miss her size on defense. She often guarded bigger players.

Comment

While Vlastuin is known for her offense, our 3 point shooting from some of our other guards is coming along. It’s the defensive side I think where we will really miss her the most. Clearly we were the best team in the league until now. We will see how we adjust. This is the only way other schools can beat us sadly.

Comment

They are going to miss her size on defense. She often guarded bigger players.
                Definitely. We’re going to have to score more because we’re certainly going to give up more without a quality, 30+ min per game defender.

What a crappy deal for the whole team. There’s enough injured firepower on the bench to be in the top-25.

Nonetheless, I’ll be in Vermillion with my girls tonight. I’m guessing it will be a relatively close game with the new lineup.

Comment

The time Tollefson has spent with the team likely has sharpened her defense should AJ go beyond 7 players early. She has likely been assigned to guard Meyer, Mathiowetz, or Vlastuin during practice.. Nelson will need to add a few more points to her offense too. There may be a few stumbles without Vlastuin. There are still a few talented players left to carry the torch. Southeast will need to bring the report on the crowd. I would expect blue to be a large contingent.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    The time Tollefson has spent with the team likely has sharpened her defense should AJ go beyond 7 players early. She has likely been assigned to guard Meyer, Mathiowetz, or Vlastuin during practice.. Nelson will need to add a few more points to her offense too. There may be a few stumbles without Vlastuin. There are still a few talented players left to carry the torch. Southeast will need to bring the report on the crowd. I would expect blue to be a large contingent.
                    There were LOTS of seats available when I bought on Monday. Good seats too, some just a few rows above the SDSU bench. Hopefully a bunch of Jacks fans are coming down.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      what do i know? all we can do here is speculate, but my guess is that with the short turnaround from thursday night, we definitely try to go with the 7 who have been playing to get through tonight. obviously if we get a comfortable lead it makes it more likely that Tori T and Isabel get additional minutes

after tonight, with a little more time to implement role changes, it will be interesting to see if they would try to get a couple minutes from Tory T or Isabel in the first half. ALSO REMEMBER the softall team is heading to California this week to start their season on Thursday. what was the plan for Tory and did this injury change it? I mean Tory came here as a softball player. I assume she has been doing some double duty as far as practice goes. kind of figured that she would rejoin the softball team when the season began?? anyone heard anything about that??

beyond that, I think it will also be interesting to see if you are correct about Tori N? I feel like she has been scoring slightly better recently, she had a very nice game vs USD the first time. but it is all midrange stuff and they have been trying to run her into the post a little bit more it seems. I do not think it is gonna happen from 3 for her. i have no idea what happened, but she seems very lost from behind the arc. two years ago she shot over 40% last year was bad and this year she is just being very very picky about when she shoots a 3. she had a wide open look from the top of the arc in the second half vs bison and missed it very badly

on the other hand, it seems both Jenna and Ellie have been shooting with a lot of confidence from the arc. Ellie made a very tough 3 pointer the other night on a possession when the offense had no rhythm late in the shot clock she stepped back and knocked down a big shot. since almost all of Maddy V offense came from outside the arc, i feel like Maddie M, Ellie, and Jenna are most likely to pick it up, but with an increase in minutes, i would guess that Mesa probably adds a bit to her scoring also

i said a bit about it on the NDSU thread, but my guess is that Mesa, Ellie, and Jenna each get about a 10 minute per game bump in minutes, but they could also just ask more from the other starters. gonna be very interesting to see how they handle this. remember, when AJ discusses these things with the team he goes much more heavily calling these things opportunities than calling them challenges. so WHO is going to take a hold of this opportunity?

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

what do i know? all we can do here is speculate, but my guess is that with the short turnaround from thursday night, we definitely try to go with the 7 who have been playing to get through tonight. obviously if we get a comfortable lead it makes it more likely that Tori T and Isabel get additional minutes

after tonight, with a little more time to implement role changes, it will be interesting to see if they would try to get a couple minutes from Tory T or Isabel in the first half. ALSO REMEMBER the softall team is heading to California this week to start their season on Thursday. what was the plan for Tory and did this injury change it? I mean Tory came here as a softball player. I assume she has been doing some double duty as far as practice goes. kind of figured that she would rejoin the softball team when the season began?? anyone heard anything about that??

beyond that, I think it will also be interesting to see if you are correct about Tori N? I feel like she has been scoring slightly better recently, she had a very nice game vs USD the first time. but it is all midrange stuff and they have been trying to run her into the post a little bit more it seems. I do not think it is gonna happen from 3 for her. i have no idea what happened, but she seems very lost from behind the arc. two years ago she shot over 40% last year was bad and this year she is just being very very picky about when she shoots a 3. she had a wide open look from the top of the arc in the second half vs bison and missed it very badly

on the other hand, it seems both Jenna and Ellie have been shooting with a lot of confidence from the arc. Ellie made a very tough 3 pointer the other night on a possession when the offense had no rhythm late in the shot clock she stepped back and knocked down a big shot. since almost all of Maddy V offense came from outside the arc, i feel like Maddie M, Ellie, and Jenna are most likely to pick it up, but with an increase in minutes, i would guess that Mesa probably adds a bit to her scoring also

i said a bit about it on the NDSU thread, but my guess is that Mesa, Ellie, and Jenna each get about a 10 minute per game bump in minutes, but they could also just ask more from the other starters. gonna be very interesting to see how they handle this. remember, when AJ discusses these things with the team he goes much more heavily calling these things opportunities than calling them challenges. so WHO is going to take a hold of this opportunity?
                        I believe it was in Zimmer's article about the walk-ons where Tollefson said that she has already played in an NCAA softball tournament, and would love to play in the basketball version. Said that she has been taking part in some softball drills as time allows, but it sounded like she will be staying with the basketball team until the season is done.

Comment

I believe it was in Zimmer's article about the walk-ons where Tollefson said that she has already played in an NCAA softball tournament, and would love to play in the basketball version. Said that she has been taking part in some softball drills as time allows, but it sounded like she will be staying with the basketball team until the season is done.
                          Yes, here is the article big is referencing

Comment

THANK YOU ticket!! i had never heard what the plan was. i appreciate the info!

i dont subscribe to Zims new gig. just have enough sports related subscriptions as it is. feel like i need to draw a line somewhere and dont go round trying to find methods of getting around the pay walls.

bviously this would probably need a different thread, but does anyone feel like there would be an opportunity for SDSU or other schools to have their own staff produce more stories related to their athletic teams? the articles on gojacks.com are nothing special in anyway. they are basically the most vanilla possible way of just relaying the facts. why couldnt gojacks be doing an article about the softball player joining the WBB team? or why not use the advantage of being on campus with Mark G to be the ones doing a deeper look into his decision. what about more in depth looks into Mason going from baseball to backing Mark up? inside looks at the draft preparation process for Isaiah, Mason, Garret, Heins, the Jankes, Stahlbird, Gales, etc and more before and after. also an endless list of possible where are they now stories- maybe Rozeboom and Oladokun experiences of being part of superbowl teams. Daum and others playing in Europe. Myah playing in Europe

anyway the potential stories are pretty endless and nobody would have better access. i would be happy to have a subscription for that sports site.

Comment

just looked up the minutes. Maddy V was the only player over 30 per game. I was surprised that Ellie is over 23, but i dont think anyone on the team would have the slightest difficulty with playing 30 minutes a game. again we will see how AJ and staff ultimately divide it up, but i still doubt we get anyone playing 35 minutes a game

my bet, Mesa and Jenna go from under 18 to at least 23 and depending on matchups either one could have some games around 30 minutes. I feel like they will try to be careful adding many more minutes to Paige or Brooklyn because both of them get guarded so hard. they play the most demanding minutes of anyone. i am pretty sure that Tori has averaged over 30 minutes a game in previous seasons

they will be able to absorb the minutes. the bigger question is how much do roles change and how quickly do they adjust to that

Comment

Working...
                              X