Post Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
    I’d take that draw. I still think we could end up as a #9/10 but I’d honestly prefer an 11 seed as I think we will have an easier path to the sweet 16/elite 8 that way.

Iowa City is likely going to be the closest first round site geographically but I’d rather not play Caitlin Clark right now. They are on fire and playing really well.
    He has Iowa as a 2 seed, which means we would have to jump to a 10 to be sent there.

Comment

Sure glad we took care of business and won the AQ this year, with all the crazy upsets in the Conference tournaments, this made for a lot more highly ranked teams taking an at-large bid that would have normally gotten an aq, which lessens the chances of a further down in the food chain, good team, from getting an at-large IMO Not to mention all the angst and anxiety the players go through waiting.

Comment

"... but i do not think we have seen close to what she (Dru) is capable of when she is healthy ..." says LetsGoRabbits. Could not agree more!

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
          "... but i do not think we have seen close to what she (Dru) is capable of when she is healthy ..." says LetsGoRabbits. Could not agree more!
          it has been so fun to watch her this year and she seems to have a truly great attitude about everything!!!! but part of me is and always will be SAD this is the only version of her we got to see!

i really think if she was healthy she is EASILY our second best player and sometimes looks better than anyone. we have seen the incredible passing. AJ says he does not think we have ever had a passer like Dru in the program and i could not agree more!! i truly think at least 1/3 of her turnovers were because the person she passed to did not expect the ball and either dropped it or did not move to the place that Dru correctly anticipated they should have been. and despite that she still led the league in assist to TO ratio

but i believe if she was healthy we would have seen her score a lot more. she really shyed away from attempting explosive plays. i mean she is TOTALLY a PG who looks to pass first, second, and third!!! but with a healthy knee i believe she would have found she could have gotten to the hoop a lot more when teams were adjusting to take away her pass targets

Comment

Dru still does incredible things, like when she deflected a hard pass and it careened off pretty fast and she run it down and stopped inches from the corner and froze to maintain her balance. That takes incredible body control. She runs so feathery light on her feet for wearing that cumbersome brace, she really is an amazing athlete still.

We've been blessed with good point guards, Paige, Dru, Riiley Cassio Jensen, Gabby Boever, I'm sure I've missed someone or two who deserve mentioning too.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

He has Iowa as a 2 seed, which means we would have to jump to a 10 to be sent there.
              I do think that's possible,tenable. I wouldn't wish to go any higher in seedig, meaning #8 or #9 , where you have to play the # 1 seed in just your second game of the tournament. A #7 seed gives us the same games as a number 10 seed, that being in the 7/10 , 2/15 pod, with a better chance of winning the first game is all.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                Dru still does incredible things, like when she deflected a hard pass and it careened off pretty fast and she run it down and stopped inches from the corner and froze to maintain her balance. That takes incredible body control. She runs so feathery light on her feet for wearing that cumbersome brace, she really is an amazing athlete still.

We've been blessed with good point guards, Paige, Dru, Riiley Cassio Jensen, Gabby Boever, I'm sure I've missed someone or two who deserve mentioning too.
                obviously Macy, but one of my favorite players going back a bit, i always thought Heather Seiler from the D2 championship team was really really good. that said i dont feel like AJ has had a lot of what you kind of think of as the traditional PG. Heather was and our current combo both are pretty traditional PG even though they go about it rather differently, but we have also had a lot of players like Myah and Megan Waytashek and even Warkenthien who played a big role in facilitating the offense from positions other than PG and in those cases our PG did not have to be exactly a normal PG

Comment

Jacks getting some extra attention nationally and rightly so. At the same time time, I’d be okay with us flying under the radar. Have we lost a game since Paige Meyer returned?

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...caa-tournament

Comment

Jacks getting some extra attention nationally and rightly so. At the same time time, I’d be okay with us flying under the radar. Have we lost a game since Paige Meyer returned?

she came back to begin conference play, so the answer is NO

but umm the level of competition was a little tougher prior to that))

that said, we lost to creighton by 9 in a generally competitive game with NEITHER of Paige or Dru playing. i more than like our chances against them in a rematch

i would definitely not guarantee victory in rematches with ucla and wsu, but i thought we were capable of beating them without Paige so adding her definitely helps our chances!! we should have beat Montana St anyway! and obviously south carolina is south carolina

Comment

No. She came back for the first conference game.

It's crazy to think how different this team is now compared to the beginning of the season. Check this out:

Minutes played by Dru and Paige (combined):

vs. Creighton (9 point loss): 0 minutes
                      vs. UCLA (7 point loss): 17 minutes by Dru

It's kind of amazing we hung with either of them relying so heavily on two very green freshmen guards. With Drew and Paige we probably win both and are comfortably in the top-25 right now. However, I'd take an 11 over a 7/8 seed any day.

Edit: I see LGR had the same thoughts at the same time!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

No. She came back for the first conference game.

It's crazy to think how different this team is now compared to the beginning of the season. Check this out:

Minutes played by Dru and Paige (combined):

vs. Creighton (9 point loss): 0 minutes
                        vs. UCLA (7 point loss): 17 minutes by Dru

It's kind of amazing we hung with either of them relying so heavily on two very green freshmen guards. With Drew and Paige we probably win both and are comfortably in the top-25 right now. However, I'd take an 11 over a 7/8 seed any day.

Edit: I see LGR had the same thoughts at the same time!
                        well i liked your perspective on the topic!!

i wish we could have stayed at the previously projected 12 seed. the 4, 5, 12, 13 grouping is definitely the best opportunity for a not top seed to reach the second weekend, but if we can stay at an 11, there is an advantage to that too. seed wise it does mean a second game against the 3 seed but if you get past that you DO avoid the 1 seed for one additional round

but i feel like worrying about your third round opponent is getting pretty far ahead of ourself. i also feel like if you take away south carolina and maybe indiana, the next group of teams that makeup the other 1 seeds, 2 seeds, and maybe even a little deeper are pretty similar, but maybe i am way off, as i have said a lot i pay way WAY more attention to the jacks than any other college hoops

Comment

Finally able to watch the replays of the semi-final and championship games, and it's amazing that the Jacks were able to score an average of 90 points with Myah only taking a total of 13 shots combined in the two games.

Comment

Today’s bracketology: SDSU as a 10 seed playing in Iowa City. This is where I suspect we may end up. Geographically, would be the closest we’ve ever played to home in the tournament by far. Caitlin Clark has been on a whole different level the last few weeks though. I actually think we could match up with Iowa well at other spots but she torched the teams in the Big 10 Tournament last week.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...ll-projections

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

obviously Macy, but one of my favorite players going back a bit, i always thought Heather Seiler from the D2 championship team was really really good. that said i dont feel like AJ has had a lot of what you kind of think of as the traditional PG. Heather was and our current combo both are pretty traditional PG even though they go about it rather differently, but we have also had a lot of players like Myah and Megan Waytashek and even Warkenthien who played a big role in facilitating the offense from positions other than PG and in those cases our PG did not have to be exactly a normal PG
                              Boy, I sure didn't think that post through did I, missing the all time leading scorer in program history.

Comment

I never buy too much into bracketology. I'd be surprised if it got actual matchups correct 5% of the time. This one from CollegeSportsMadness has us as a 12-seed playing #5 Iowa State, with a potential rematch against #4 Louisville in the round of 32.

Looking at these predictions (erm... guesses), are kinda like buying a lottery ticket for me. Fun to think about, but realistically not likely at all. Who knows! I guess we all will in 56 more hours or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X