GDT: USD vs SDSU Showdown Series 1pm Frost Arena/Midco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

In about eight minutes I will answer that question.
    115-55 with 3:20 to go

Comment

17 three pointers...ties school record. The announcers just said the highest point record is 119 from D2 days.
      I think the 17 three point record was against TCU in the NCAA tourney back when Jill Young was playing...is that correct?

Comment

the record was 16 in the ncaa tournament the against TCU?

Comment

NO record today, AJ called them off so we dribbled the last 25 seconds out. Final 118-59

Comment

we set the ncaa tournament record for threes against tcu with 16 then iowa state tied us in their game.with 16

Comment

That was a beatdown. Reminded me of the final against Seton Hall. Just dominating the game by physicality (rebounds and steals)

Comment

Don't want to jinx them, so won't even bring it up........ (ha)

Comment

What a performance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SDSU made USD look like a bad Summit League team today. SDSU is potentially that good, but USD had a team plus on the bench and only played nine--most of them freshmen.

I suspect that the freshmen learned a lesson today that will make them a much tougher team in the next few years.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Did a fun little check, we started TODAY'S game at # 177 for 3's made per game of 5.9 (107 divided by 18 gms) to #124..ish (unofficial, 124 3's divided by 19 gms) equals 6.52 3's per game.That's a jump of 53..ish spots in one game. That's what a good shooting day can do. This all depends on how the rest of the day shakes out naturally as their will be some jockeying of the stats yet as teams have yet to play their games. It was a very good day to be a Jackrabbit fan today!
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-14-2023, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        SDSU made USD look like a bad Summit League team today. SDSU is potentially that good, but USD had a team plus on the bench and only played nine--most of them freshmen.

I suspect that the freshmen learned a lesson today that will make them a much tougher team in the next few years.
                        Demars for USD reminds me a little of Burckhard, her size and style of play mainly. We'll see if she gets anywhere close to where Paiton is now in her final season, that would be quite the hill to climb with that comparison for her to make, we'll see. Not many under sized post players make it to the level of success that Paiton has for her size, and she's turned into a very good 3 pt shooter to boot.

Comment

USD coach gave zero credit to us in the press conference. Guess we need to beat them by more next time.

Comment

Originally posted by JRFanatic View Post
                            What a performance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I should've known it'd be a great game for Jacks when Jack the mascot was dribbling between legs, dribbling two basketballs simultaneously, etc. pregame

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                              USD coach gave zero credit to us in the press conference. Guess we need to beat them by more next time.
                              Can't remember seeing a team that bad defensively. Couldn't stop anything - Jacks scored 51 from 3's and 50 in the paint. Usually teams will sell out to stop one thing,realizing they might get burned in other areas.

Comment

13 steals today. There was a stretch that seemed like we had 4 steal/easy lay-ups in a row.

I am pumped for the men's game tonight. My liver is ready for the Jackrabbit rivalry games to be over for awhile. Go Jacks!!
                                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                                X