GDT: USD vs SDSU Showdown Series 1pm Frost Arena/Midco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Can't remember seeing a team that bad defensively. Couldn't stop anything - Jacks scored 51 from 3's and 50 in the paint. Usually teams will sell out to stop one thing,realizing they might get burned in other areas.
    How much of that do you think was due to them getting in foul trouble fairly early (leading to at least some tentativeness on defense)?

I was surprised by how rapidly Larkins had a pair of fouls

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
      13 steals today. There was a stretch that seemed like we had 4 steal/easy lay-ups in a row.

I am pumped for the men's game tonight. My liver is ready for the Jackrabbit rivalry games to be over for awhile. Go Jacks!!
      This if the first time I've seen Gylten & Paige Meyer in person. Grateful I got to see that because their hustle and passing/distribution are elite (and contributed to at least some of those steals & scores)

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

How much of that do you think was due to them getting in foul trouble fairly early (leading to at least some tentativeness on defense)?

I was surprised by how rapidly Larkins had a pair of fouls
        The reason that they got in quick foul trouble was because they were playing really bad defense from the start.

Comment

The reason that they got in quick foul trouble was because they were playing really bad defense from the start.
          Please forgive me, 'Yotes and "bad" are synonymous for me.

Comment

This if the first time I've seen Gylten & Paige Meyer in person. Grateful I got to see that because their hustle and passing/distribution are elite (and contributed to at least some of those steals & scores)
            Gylten seems to be settling in with her shot. Have to think that playing fewer minutes since Paige has returned has been good for her.

Comment

The fact that questions are being raised about us not pulling our starters earlier in the game is absolutely hilarious to me. If I remember correctly AJ pulled the starters with roughly 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter, with Selland and Burckhard leading the team with 26 and 24 minutes played. Last time I checked this was a division 1 basketball game, and our starters played just over half the game? Also bashing Selland for being on AARP is funny to me considering the success they saw last year was due to the fact that they had three seniors take advantage of an extra covid year of eligibility.

Comment

Take what you see on that forum with a grain of salt. There are statements on that board saying they live rent free in SDSU fan's heads while nearly every thread on their board references SDSU. They even have a 30 page thread dedicated solely to SDSU.
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                  The fact that questions are being raised about us not pulling our starters earlier in the game is absolutely hilarious to me. If I remember correctly AJ pulled the starters with roughly 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter, with Selland and Burckhard leading the team with 26 and 24 minutes played. Last time I checked this was a division 1 basketball game, and our starters played just over half the game? Also bashing Selland for being on AARP is funny to me considering the success they saw last year was due to the fact that they had three seniors take advantage of an extra covid year of eligibility.
                  give them a break. It was a rough week for them. Us winning the football championship and then kicking their butts twice on Saturday. Apparently their way of getting rid of their frustration is to trash AJ and myah. Their the same BS on twitter but its probably the same A-Hole
                  Last edited by mitchellrabbit; 01-16-2023, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

give them a break. It was a rough week for them. Us winning the football championship and then kicking their butts twice on Saturday. Apparently their way of getting rid of their frustration is to trash AJ and myah. Their the sane BS on twitter but its probably the same A-Hole
                    AJ isn't responsible for their "cupboard being bare," so if they want to blame a coach, maybe they should blame the West Virginia mountain mama.

Comment

Mitchellrabbit sums it up pretty well. We had a big week. What should one expect from a few soreheads and I mean just a few.

Dragging junk from other fan message boards, especially when the junk is spewed from a known Jacks hater, is not productive. Related thought -- it seems most of us (me included), tend to blame an entire fan base for the rants of one or two or five nutcases. After reading some of the posts in this thread, I took a quick look at the USD fan message board and I fully expected to see a lot of posts fueled by sour grapes, jealousy, blame every 'yote fault on the Jacks, etc.. etc. but that is not the case. Most of the posters were expressing concerns about their situation, knowing it is something they have to address. If the roles were reversed and USD won a football national title and then beat the daylights out of the Jacks in both women's and men's basketball in the same week, I don't think all posters on this board would be pleasant. (Although I think the posters on this board are less likely to tip over and spew crap about an opponent when compared to posters on some boards I visit.)
                      Last edited by JackJD; 01-16-2023, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Mitchellrabbit sums it up pretty well. We had a big week. What should one expect from a few soreheads and I mean just a few.

Dragging junk from other fan message boards, especially when the junk is spewed from a known Jacks hater, is not productive. Related thought -- it seems most of us (me included), tend to blame an entire fan base for the rants of one or two or five nutcases. After reading some of the posts in this thread, I took a quick look at the USD fan message board and I fully expected to see a lot of posts fueled by sour grapes, jealousy, blame every 'yote fault on the Jacks, etc.. etc. but that is not the case. Most of the posters were expressing concerns about their situation, knowing it is something they have to address. If the roles were reversed and USD won a football national tile and then beat the daylights out of the Jacks in both women's and men's basketball in the same week, I don't think all posters on this board would be pleasant. (Although I think the posters on this board are less likely to tip over and spew crap about an opponent when compared to posters on some boards I visit).)
                        Hypothetical question -- USD is playing Holy Cross for the FCS National Championship, would you root for the 'Yotes?

Comment

AJ's normal substitution pattern leads to our starters playing later in games. He usually brings most, if not all of the second unit into the game later in the first quarter and for a good portion of the second quarter as well. That's part of the reason the Jacks have big third quarters. The opponent's starters have played more minutes and our starters are fresher as the second half wears on.

Comment

AJ's normal substitution pattern leads to our starters playing later in games. He usually brings most, if not all of the second unit into the game later in the first quarter and for a good portion of the second quarter as well. That's part of the reason the Jacks have big third quarters. The opponent's starters have played more minutes and our starters are fresher as the second half wears on.
                            Oh, and last year USD had three starters average 31.5 minutes a game or higher. And Sjerven averaged 27, only because she likely spent more time sitting because of foul trouble. This year, Myah is averaging just under 29 for us, Dru is at 20 and the other 3 starters average either side of 25. And as good as the Yotes were a year ago, I'm sure they had as many, if not more blowouts than the Jacks have had.

Comment

Hypothetical question -- USD is playing Holy Cross for the FCS National Championship, would you root for the 'Yotes?
                              Don’t know today. Is there any advantage for SDSU either way?

Comment

In case you missed it. Former USD Quarterback Scott Jones was rooting for the Jacks. https://www.dakotanewsnow.com/2023/0...-pregame-show/

Comment

Working...
                                X