X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by TailGatr View Post
    I’ve not heard any rumor about pt guard injuries. Is Dru out?
    http://www.twitter.com/Greg_Dietel/s...24171149754368. This popped up on my Twitter feed this morning. Gylten definitely wearing a brace. Not enough of a medical expert to know if any conclusions can be drawn from the type of brace she is wearing. Hopefully a positive sign that she is pictured in practice gear.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I can see it now: about 500 people wearing hard hats pretending to not be watching the scrimmage, Roy with a clipboard keeping score (because everyone knows the teams agree there'll be no score kept but the team who scores more will leak the result within 15 minutes of the lights being turned off).
    Maybe call it Blue collar workers night incognito ?

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied
    I can see it now: about 500 people wearing hard hats pretending to not be watching the scrimmage, Roy with a clipboard keeping score (because everyone knows the teams agree there'll be no score kept but the team who scores more will leak the result within 15 minutes of the lights being turned off).

Leave a comment:

• Roy
    replied
    Clipboard, don't forget the clipboard!

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

AHA yes!!! you know in my head i ALWAYS hear it with the 4 na's
    but now that you point it out i have definitely heard it in the 3 na's style as well, ALTHOUGH i think the hesitation is after the first na? no?

perhaps it is said differently in different parts or the state? or country? or world? do they say na na boo boo in tokyo? india? or........???
    and MOST IMPORTANTLY is there a way to say it that identifies you as a jackrabbit and never one of those terrible coyotes or bison

i am glad we can explore these important topics here. we are not only a sports forum but also an intellectual forum!!! OR AT LEAST an intellectual sports forum

thank you for adding to the conversation))!! very interesting indeed

NOW RETURNING TO LESS INTELLECTUAL but perhaps more fun conversation......

wouldnt it be fun so join salem and sneak into that gym!!!!!!!!! sign me up (warning- my ninja skills are very rusty and they were pretty terrible to begin with)
    I don’t think you will have to be very sneaky. Toss a hard hat and neon vest on and I’m sure you can go about anywhere you want!

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    This thread has evolved into a real issue, ripe for discussion and if at all possible, resolution: Is it na na na na boo boo (four x na) or just na na na boo boo (two x na, a slight hesitation, and then one more na ahead of the boo boo)? **

It may be possible that those keeping the rumor in the air have in mind the following attribution rule from filbert's guidlnes (see the "Guidelines" section above).. By not mentioning names, is it O.K. to talk about rumors? Here's the attribution rule (does the rule only apply to rumors of players leaving SDSU?)::

The "attribution rule" for posterity:

If you feel the urge to spread rumors about players (in any sport) leaving SDSU, CITING YOUR SOURCE IS NOW REQUIRED.

Acceptable sources are: Printed or broadcast news media (or web sites of printed or broadcast news media), coaches, and players on the team, or other person, BY NAME. No other sources will be acceptable on this board. Some unnamed person you talked to in the Union, in HPER, or anywhere else is not an acceptable source. Other Internet boards and blogs are not acceptable sources.

Failure to cite your source will result in the post and/or the thread being pulled and, quite possibly, depending on how the Moderator's day is going, the rumor-monger getting banned permanently from this board.

Note also that spreading the rumor in the form of a question (i.e. "Did anybody hear the rumor that Joe Player is leaving the team?"; or "What happens if Joe Player leaves the team?" falls under this rule. Any other methods of rumor-mongering which in the opinion of the Moderators is not properly sourced falls under this rule.

This board is intended to SUPPORT SDSU athletics. Unsourced rumors about SDSU student-athletes are destructive to the morale of the team and the entire SDSU community, and as such do not support SDSU athletics.

**First time I heard one of my kids say "na na na boo boo", and having heard other youngsters say that before, I wondered it kids under age four have secret meetings in which they discuss things that people apparently forget as they pass from age four to age five or maybe six. Can any adult tell you what na na na boo boo (or, na na na na boo boo) means? I think all three year olds know but they're not saying. Three-year olds may be aliens.
    AHA yes!!! you know in my head i ALWAYS hear it with the 4 na's
    but now that you point it out i have definitely heard it in the 3 na's style as well, ALTHOUGH i think the hesitation is after the first na? no?

perhaps it is said differently in different parts or the state? or country? or world? do they say na na boo boo in tokyo? india? or........???
    and MOST IMPORTANTLY is there a way to say it that identifies you as a jackrabbit and never one of those terrible coyotes or bison

i am glad we can explore these important topics here. we are not only a sports forum but also an intellectual forum!!! OR AT LEAST an intellectual sports forum

thank you for adding to the conversation))!! very interesting indeed

NOW RETURNING TO LESS INTELLECTUAL but perhaps more fun conversation......

wouldnt it be fun so join salem and sneak into that gym!!!!!!!!! sign me up (warning- my ninja skills are very rusty and they were pretty terrible to begin with)

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Originally posted by peavy View Post
    Secret scrimmage against Iowa State in Brookings on October 22nd per individual covering women's basketball for CycloneFanatic.com
    Cyclones are ranked 9th in Charlie Creme's latest top 25 and picked to finish first in the Big 12 by the conference coaches
    Me sneaking into Frost….

Leave a comment:

• peavy
    replied
    Secret scrimmage against Iowa State in Brookings on October 22nd per individual covering women's basketball for CycloneFanatic.com
    Cyclones are ranked 9th in Charlie Creme's latest top 25 and picked to finish first in the Big 12 by the conference coaches

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied
    This thread has evolved into a real issue, ripe for discussion and if at all possible, resolution: Is it na na na na boo boo (four x na) or just na na na boo boo (two x na, a slight hesitation, and then one more na ahead of the boo boo)? **

It may be possible that those keeping the rumor in the air have in mind the following attribution rule from filbert's guidlnes (see the "Guidelines" section above).. By not mentioning names, is it O.K. to talk about rumors? Here's the attribution rule (does the rule only apply to rumors of players leaving SDSU?)::

The "attribution rule" for posterity:

If you feel the urge to spread rumors about players (in any sport) leaving SDSU, CITING YOUR SOURCE IS NOW REQUIRED.

Acceptable sources are: Printed or broadcast news media (or web sites of printed or broadcast news media), coaches, and players on the team, or other person, BY NAME. No other sources will be acceptable on this board. Some unnamed person you talked to in the Union, in HPER, or anywhere else is not an acceptable source. Other Internet boards and blogs are not acceptable sources.

Failure to cite your source will result in the post and/or the thread being pulled and, quite possibly, depending on how the Moderator's day is going, the rumor-monger getting banned permanently from this board.

Note also that spreading the rumor in the form of a question (i.e. "Did anybody hear the rumor that Joe Player is leaving the team?"; or "What happens if Joe Player leaves the team?" falls under this rule. Any other methods of rumor-mongering which in the opinion of the Moderators is not properly sourced falls under this rule.

This board is intended to SUPPORT SDSU athletics. Unsourced rumors about SDSU student-athletes are destructive to the morale of the team and the entire SDSU community, and as such do not support SDSU athletics.

**First time I heard one of my kids say "na na na boo boo", and having heard other youngsters say that before, I wondered it kids under age four have secret meetings in which they discuss things that people apparently forget as they pass from age four to age five or maybe six. Can any adult tell you what na na na boo boo (or, na na na na boo boo) means? I think all three year olds know but they're not saying. Three-year olds may be aliens.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    IT seems that some of you just want to say to the rest of the people that, "i know something you dont so na na na na boo boo."

if you want to say something here just say it. if you WANT or NEED to keep it to yourself then just keep it to yourself!!

and I DO NOT care if you say it or not!! you are right if there is an injury we will find out soon enough

but this coming here to say YOU know something..... and then acting like you are protecting somebody because you will not say who or what, is a stupid game

so if you want to SAY something here then say it
    if you feel that saying something here is not appropriate then do not say it

but stop trying to have it both ways

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied
    Every freaking year we suffer a significant injury...unreal.

**Not listing name for privacy reasons...it'll come out soon enough.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• TailGatr
    replied
    I’ve not heard any rumor about pt guard injuries. Is Dru out?

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    Originally posted by smoothjack View Post

We'll need the depth and energy she brings when March rolls around. Never have 'too many" good players in a rotation, especially at the point.
    Especially with the unfortunate injury rumor at that position. [/QUOTE]

What rumor? Can you dm if you have heard anything.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied
    Season ending injury?

Leave a comment:

• smoothjack
    replied
    Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
    "In addition, I am hopeful that Paige Meyer is available for the conference play as she is a preseason choice for 1st team."
    We'll need the depth and energy she brings when March rolls around. Never have 'too many" good players in a rotation, especially at the point.
    [/QUOTE]

Especially with the unfortunate injury rumor at that position.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X