No announcement yet.

2022-2023 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread has evolved into a real issue, ripe for discussion and if at all possible, resolution: Is it na na na na boo boo (four x na) or just na na na boo boo (two x na, a slight hesitation, and then one more na ahead of the boo boo)? **

It may be possible that those keeping the rumor in the air have in mind the following attribution rule from filbert's guidlnes (see the "Guidelines" section above).. By not mentioning names, is it O.K. to talk about rumors? Here's the attribution rule (does the rule only apply to rumors of players leaving SDSU?)::

The "attribution rule" for posterity:

If you feel the urge to spread rumors about players (in any sport) leaving SDSU, CITING YOUR SOURCE IS NOW REQUIRED.

Acceptable sources are: Printed or broadcast news media (or web sites of printed or broadcast news media), coaches, and players on the team, or other person, BY NAME. No other sources will be acceptable on this board. Some unnamed person you talked to in the Union, in HPER, or anywhere else is not an acceptable source. Other Internet boards and blogs are not acceptable sources.

Failure to cite your source will result in the post and/or the thread being pulled and, quite possibly, depending on how the Moderator's day is going, the rumor-monger getting banned permanently from this board.

Note also that spreading the rumor in the form of a question (i.e. "Did anybody hear the rumor that Joe Player is leaving the team?"; or "What happens if Joe Player leaves the team?" falls under this rule. Any other methods of rumor-mongering which in the opinion of the Moderators is not properly sourced falls under this rule.

This board is intended to SUPPORT SDSU athletics. Unsourced rumors about SDSU student-athletes are destructive to the morale of the team and the entire SDSU community, and as such do not support SDSU athletics.

**First time I heard one of my kids say "na na na boo boo", and having heard other youngsters say that before, I wondered it kids under age four have secret meetings in which they discuss things that people apparently forget as they pass from age four to age five or maybe six. Can any adult tell you what na na na boo boo (or, na na na na boo boo) means? I think all three year olds know but they're not saying. Three-year olds may be aliens.

Comment

Secret scrimmage against Iowa State in Brookings on October 22nd per individual covering women's basketball for CycloneFanatic.com
      Cyclones are ranked 9th in Charlie Creme's latest top 25 and picked to finish first in the Big 12 by the conference coaches

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post
        Secret scrimmage against Iowa State in Brookings on October 22nd per individual covering women's basketball for CycloneFanatic.com
        Cyclones are ranked 9th in Charlie Creme's latest top 25 and picked to finish first in the Big 12 by the conference coaches
        Me sneaking into Frost….

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          This thread has evolved into a real issue, ripe for discussion and if at all possible, resolution: Is it na na na na boo boo (four x na) or just na na na boo boo (two x na, a slight hesitation, and then one more na ahead of the boo boo)? **

It may be possible that those keeping the rumor in the air have in mind the following attribution rule from filbert's guidlnes (see the "Guidelines" section above).. By not mentioning names, is it O.K. to talk about rumors? Here's the attribution rule (does the rule only apply to rumors of players leaving SDSU?)::

The "attribution rule" for posterity:

If you feel the urge to spread rumors about players (in any sport) leaving SDSU, CITING YOUR SOURCE IS NOW REQUIRED.

Acceptable sources are: Printed or broadcast news media (or web sites of printed or broadcast news media), coaches, and players on the team, or other person, BY NAME. No other sources will be acceptable on this board. Some unnamed person you talked to in the Union, in HPER, or anywhere else is not an acceptable source. Other Internet boards and blogs are not acceptable sources.

Failure to cite your source will result in the post and/or the thread being pulled and, quite possibly, depending on how the Moderator's day is going, the rumor-monger getting banned permanently from this board.

Note also that spreading the rumor in the form of a question (i.e. "Did anybody hear the rumor that Joe Player is leaving the team?"; or "What happens if Joe Player leaves the team?" falls under this rule. Any other methods of rumor-mongering which in the opinion of the Moderators is not properly sourced falls under this rule.

This board is intended to SUPPORT SDSU athletics. Unsourced rumors about SDSU student-athletes are destructive to the morale of the team and the entire SDSU community, and as such do not support SDSU athletics.

**First time I heard one of my kids say "na na na boo boo", and having heard other youngsters say that before, I wondered it kids under age four have secret meetings in which they discuss things that people apparently forget as they pass from age four to age five or maybe six. Can any adult tell you what na na na boo boo (or, na na na na boo boo) means? I think all three year olds know but they're not saying. Three-year olds may be aliens.
          AHA yes!!! you know in my head i ALWAYS hear it with the 4 na's
          but now that you point it out i have definitely heard it in the 3 na's style as well, ALTHOUGH i think the hesitation is after the first na? no?

perhaps it is said differently in different parts or the state? or country? or world? do they say na na boo boo in tokyo? india? or........???
          and MOST IMPORTANTLY is there a way to say it that identifies you as a jackrabbit and never one of those terrible coyotes or bison

i am glad we can explore these important topics here. we are not only a sports forum but also an intellectual forum!!! OR AT LEAST an intellectual sports forum

thank you for adding to the conversation))!! very interesting indeed

NOW RETURNING TO LESS INTELLECTUAL but perhaps more fun conversation......

wouldnt it be fun so join salem and sneak into that gym!!!!!!!!! sign me up (warning- my ninja skills are very rusty and they were pretty terrible to begin with)

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

AHA yes!!! you know in my head i ALWAYS hear it with the 4 na's
            but now that you point it out i have definitely heard it in the 3 na's style as well, ALTHOUGH i think the hesitation is after the first na? no?

perhaps it is said differently in different parts or the state? or country? or world? do they say na na boo boo in tokyo? india? or........???
            and MOST IMPORTANTLY is there a way to say it that identifies you as a jackrabbit and never one of those terrible coyotes or bison

i am glad we can explore these important topics here. we are not only a sports forum but also an intellectual forum!!! OR AT LEAST an intellectual sports forum

thank you for adding to the conversation))!! very interesting indeed

NOW RETURNING TO LESS INTELLECTUAL but perhaps more fun conversation......

wouldnt it be fun so join salem and sneak into that gym!!!!!!!!! sign me up (warning- my ninja skills are very rusty and they were pretty terrible to begin with)
            I don’t think you will have to be very sneaky. Toss a hard hat and neon vest on and I’m sure you can go about anywhere you want!

Comment

Clipboard, don't forget the clipboard!

Comment

I can see it now: about 500 people wearing hard hats pretending to not be watching the scrimmage, Roy with a clipboard keeping score (because everyone knows the teams agree there'll be no score kept but the team who scores more will leak the result within 15 minutes of the lights being turned off).

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  I can see it now: about 500 people wearing hard hats pretending to not be watching the scrimmage, Roy with a clipboard keeping score (because everyone knows the teams agree there'll be no score kept but the team who scores more will leak the result within 15 minutes of the lights being turned off).
                  Maybe call it Blue collar workers night incognito ?

Comment

Originally posted by TailGatr View Post
                    I’ve not heard any rumor about pt guard injuries. Is Dru out?
                    http://www.twitter.com/Greg_Dietel/s...24171149754368. This popped up on my Twitter feed this morning. Gylten definitely wearing a brace. Not enough of a medical expert to know if any conclusions can be drawn from the type of brace she is wearing. Hopefully a positive sign that she is pictured in practice gear.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

http://www.twitter.com/Greg_Dietel/s...24171149754368. This popped up on my Twitter feed this morning. Gylten definitely wearing a brace. Not enough of a medical expert to know if any conclusions can be drawn from the type of brace she is wearing. Hopefully a positive sign that she is pictured in practice gear.
                      I'm taking that as a "good" sign as compared to my initial worst case scenario reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

injury update

Comment

Soooo, who will makeup our starting 5 tonight? Any guesses>

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                            Soooo, who will makeup our starting 5 tonight? Any guesses>
                            Paiton Myah Haleigh Tori and a newcomer

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              Paiton Myah Haleigh Tori and a newcomer

I fully agree on the four. The fifth is the obvious question, at least to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

I fully agree on the four. The fifth is the obvious question, at least to me.
                                I'll go with Colbeck. Just guessing.

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X