No announcement yet.

2022-2023 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought mine. Thanks for the reminder.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

For the South Carolina game, looks like just behind the baskets is all that’s left for tickets. Will be quite the atmosphere.

Comment

I picked up one of the last two “court-side” tickets on that baseline a few days ago and today they announced the game will be on ESPN2. Might have to go in costume or something with all the TV time those seats will get!

There’s still one left, right beside the basket. $41+ fees.

Comment

I'm not saying that fluky things don't happen and anyone can get beat on a given night, but can someone explain to me what the four people were thinking who actually think USD is a better basketball team than SDSU after losing all five starters from last year?

2022-23 Summit League Women’s Basketball Preseason Coaches' Poll
          1. South Dakota State 746 (36) 29-9 (17-1)
          2. South Dakota 676 (4) 29-6 (17-1)
          3. Oral Roberts 602 16-15 (10-8)
          4. North Dakota 522 15-15 (9-9)
          5. North Dakota State 475 11-18 (7-11)
          6. Kansas City 388 23-9 (12-6)
          7. Western Illinois 308 14-15 (5-12)
          8. Denver 227 10-20 (5-13)
          9. St. Thomas 211 7-21 (4-14)
          10. Omaha 199 7-19 (3-14)
          I hope the explanation is those four coaches are from SDSU and can't vote for their own team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
            I'm not saying that fluky things don't happen and anyone can get beat on a given night, but can someone explain to me what the four people were thinking who actually think USD is a better basketball team than SDSU after losing all five starters from last year?

2022-23 Summit League Women’s Basketball Preseason Coaches' Poll
            1. South Dakota State 746 (36) 29-9 (17-1)
            2. South Dakota 676 (4) 29-6 (17-1)
            3. Oral Roberts 602 16-15 (10-8)
            4. North Dakota 522 15-15 (9-9)
            5. North Dakota State 475 11-18 (7-11)
            6. Kansas City 388 23-9 (12-6)
            7. Western Illinois 308 14-15 (5-12)
            8. Denver 227 10-20 (5-13)
            9. St. Thomas 211 7-21 (4-14)
            10. Omaha 199 7-19 (3-14)
            I hope the explanation is those four coaches are from SDSU and can't vote for their own team.
            I could be wrong but in some polls you can NOT vote for your team.

There were 40 votes and they are 10 teams in the league. That would make 4 votes for each team.
            SDSU would have AJ, Sell, Zimmer and ???? that could not vote for SDSU.

If this is not it, I have no clue.
            Even if USD returned their two underclassmen (that were starters) along with their head coach, I do not think many people would have voted them over SDSU. They would have lost two all-time great players (maybe top 10 in USD history but I am not a USD fan so I don't know for sure) and their third best player of last years team, too. SDSU does not lose much compared to that.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post

There were 40 votes and they are 10 teams in the league. That would make 4 votes for each team.

Even if USD returned their two underclassmen (that were starters) along with their head coach, I do not think many people would have voted them over SDSU. They would have lost two all-time great players (maybe top 10 in USD history but I am not a USD fan so I don't know for sure) and their third best player of last years team, too. SDSU does not lose much compared to that.
              you both mentioned the first thing. hopefully it is that
              otherwise it is people simply paying no attention at all. they are going strictly off of them being good last year. unfortunately i have NO DOUBT that there are people who are supposed to know about WBB who have no idea that they lose every coach and all 5 starters from last year

as to who they lost, NOT a usd fan either so MAYBE i am forgetting someone OR maybe they had a severe stud in the 70s before i paid attention to them. but i am willing to guess that they lost two players who pretty easily are among their top 5 all time at worst top 8 (i cannot imagine i am forgetting enough players that they have more than 6 players in program history who are better)

i think top 5 has to be
              koupal
              seekamp
              C duffy
              sjerven
              lamb
              you can debate the order if you want i am NOT putting them in order. but i feel very close to positive those are the CLEAR top 5
              and korngable was obviously an all league player. i will not guess where she would rank all time

so anyway YES you are correct even if they lost ONLY those 3 that is a huge loss

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post

Coaches couldn't vote for their own athletes or teams, and the panel was comprised of head coaches, SIDs, and media. The question is whether "select media" are distributed evenly among teams. Take Midco, for example, you could have several panelists from there who aren't necessarily affiliated with a team (e.g., Greg Stemen and Newitt) in addition to beat writers "affiliated" with specific teams.

Comment

Outside of the remarks asking why not unanimous recognition, we should realize that the yotes are likely the 2nd best team headed into the season. Even though 2 starters jumped ship, the rest of the team stayed intact including recruits from Coach P. KC lost players and coach that was built for a 1 year surge and the 6th place is realistic and maybe optimistic. WBB in the Summit is much less competitive than the fans should accept. Jackrabbit WBB continues to elevate while the majority of the field slides. The Jackrabbit OOC schedule should result in 7-5 or better for conference play to polish the skills of this experienced group. In addition, I am hopeful that Paige Meyer is available for the conference play as she is a preseason choice for 1st team.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

"In addition, I am hopeful that Paige Meyer is available for the conference play as she is a preseason choice for 1st team." [/QUOTE]

We'll need the depth and energy she brings when March rolls around. Never have 'too many" good players in a rotation, especially at the point.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
                      "In addition, I am hopeful that Paige Meyer is available for the conference play as she is a preseason choice for 1st team."
                      We'll need the depth and energy she brings when March rolls around. Never have 'too many" good players in a rotation, especially at the point.
                      [/QUOTE]

Especially with the unfortunate injury rumor at that position.

Comment

Season ending injury?
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack View Post

Especially with the unfortunate injury rumor at that position. [/QUOTE]

What rumor? Can you dm if you have heard anything.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I’ve not heard any rumor about pt guard injuries. Is Dru out?

Comment

Every freaking year we suffer a significant injury...unreal.

**Not listing name for privacy reasons...it'll come out soon enough.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

IT seems that some of you just want to say to the rest of the people that, "i know something you dont so na na na na boo boo."

if you want to say something here just say it. if you WANT or NEED to keep it to yourself then just keep it to yourself!!

and I DO NOT care if you say it or not!! you are right if there is an injury we will find out soon enough

but this coming here to say YOU know something..... and then acting like you are protecting somebody because you will not say who or what, is a stupid game

so if you want to SAY something here then say it
                                if you feel that saying something here is not appropriate then do not say it

but stop trying to have it both ways

Comment

Working...
                                X