WNIT GDT: Bruins vs Jackrabbits 7pm Frost Arena Midco/ESPN3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Not a problem. Just don't like to get in trouble for things I didn't say - can get into enough with things I do say.
    haha yes yes! exactly the point i thought i was making. but in my case unnecessarily)

at least we can all agree that i can get myself into more than enough trouble all by myself.

appreciate your understanding!

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post

The podcast is really a great listen. Always get some good insights. I’ve enjoyed every episode.
      Oh, I agree wholeheartedly, but I still miss the more interactive chat. They should bring it back just to see if someone asks if Christion can still get a medical redshirt

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

I NEVER said this was the WHOLE reason i do not like the paper. but i see it is time to take the foot off the gas about this. obviously i am not only in the minority about this i am by myself. so that is very good. i am happy that the overwhelming majority of the sdsu community is happy with the coverage.

i stated my opinion, in response to thoughts about Brad Newitt being the most annoying ANTI JACKRABBIT member of the media, and said i much prefer his coverage to that of the states local paper. i gave SOME reasons why i do not like the paper specifically related to sports and the jackrabbits. SOME NOT ALL

JD at least touched on a lot of the other issues. it is a local paper that is NOT LOCAL AT ALL

anyway i stated my opinion. i now understand all of yours as well. i DEFINITELY was not trying to FORCE anyone to agree with me. and i do recognize that the challenges of being printed in des moines are responsible for the lack of coverage in the print edition on sunday. as i said before, i was aware of that but temporarily forgot about it. MY BAD

i think it is obvious that i do not pay that much attention to the paper or it would seem like i would be more aware/ NOT FORGOTTEN about some of these issues.

my opinions are largely unchanged but there is not reason to go on about it. so i will answer one more post and attempt to move on to other hopefully more enjoyable topics. and to whoever it was that thinks i say these things as an attempt to have the last word

you all can keep talking about this as long as you want and if someone says something i feel a desire or wish to respond to then i will do that and have EVERY right to just as you all also have, BUT my intent is to as i said take my foot off the gas in regard to this topic and hope other more enjoyable topics make it disappear
        This is just beggin' for No Blue Biased Brownie-flavored ice cream.

Jay Elsen gives it two claws up, but Brad Newitt feels the dessert refs have let the ice cream (having SDSU origins) get away with too much contact to the brownie.

Available in annoying red velvet flavors for the Showdown games

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly, but I still miss the more interactive chat. They should bring it back just to see if someone asks if Christion can still get a medical redshirt
          Zmmer has said he doesn't like to follow recruiting, which was a big part of those chats. Combine that with him having to cover more areas, and the chat was likely easy to eliminate.

Comment

• Did you guys notice that the topic seems to have wandered a bit? Just askin' . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Originally posted by filbert View Post
              Did you guys notice that the topic seems to have wandered a bit? Just askin' . . .
              Oops, Dad just woke up from his nap!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post

LOL!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post

My lawn, get off it!

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Sounds like the WNIT games had a pretty big impact on our two new recruits last week. Both Gylten and Mors said the atmosphere at Frost during the tournament played a part in them deciding to be Jackrabbits.

http://www.dakotanewsnow.com/2022/04...pression-mors/

http://soundcloud.com/foxsportsrapid...social_sharing

Comment

• https://twitter.com/CoachCoriClose/s...64409026650112

UCLA Coach Cori Close: Her Mom knits blankets for seniors - WOW

​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
                        https://twitter.com/CoachCoriClose/s...64409026650112

UCLA Coach Cori Close: Her Mom knits blankets for seniors - WOW

​​​​​​
                        40 hrs a piece. Holy Moly, UCLA has a good one in Cori.

Comment

• Wonder if AJ will take up knitting......j/k

Agree, they have a special coach in Cori Close, So do the Jackrabbits, even though he doesn't knit.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-17-2022, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• After watching Paiton's montage on the Jacks wbb twitter, particularly of her crowd pleasing block of Chantel Horvat's fast break layup and turnover for the Bruins, I thought, I've seen this or something similar before. It was the highlight reel , mix tape 2 (at the very end) of Christian Janis whose athletic exploits entertained and enthralled many. After she handled class AA Rapid City Stevens the RCS coach said she was the best PG in SD regardless of class period I believe was his quote. Anyway, because it's the slow period of basketball news, I hope people will forgive me reminiscing a little of a dynamo little PG, who if she had been just a little taller, could have played for the Jacks. Janis was Paige Meyer before Paige Meyer, both exciting, gifted, athletic and highly skilled PG's. By the way, nice job Paiton. Can't wait for more basketball !
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-22-2022, 08:25 AM. Reason: more corrections

Comment

• Hey JD, i guess this must mean you live west river

i have a step daughter who played against Chris and i was able to watch her play in person about 5 times and had some opportunities to speak with her family a bit.

i agree with you she was VERY enjoyable and fun to watch! and as a long time coach I appreciated her game an awful lot

I do not remember how tall she was but i am thinking maybe about 5'2??? as i recall she graduated in 2010 so it has already been a long time ago (wow time flies!!!) maybe my OLD brain does not remember exactly, but i remember wondering if she was able to play at the jacks level and thinking that it seemed possible but probably NOT a slam dunk. and thinking she would have been a slam dunk recruit for NSU and definitely for the GPAC schools
                              but i thought last i heard she went to a juco and i never heard more

anyway, fun player to remember!!! i know being an east river resident, i was happy that i had as many opportunities to watch her play as i did

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                                Hey JD, i guess this must mean you live west river

i have a step daughter who played against Chris and i was able to watch her play in person about 5 times and had some opportunities to speak with her family a bit.

i agree with you she was VERY enjoyable and fun to watch! and as a long time coach I appreciated her game an awful lot

I do not remember how tall she was but i am thinking maybe about 5'2??? as i recall she graduated in 2010 so it has already been a long time ago (wow time flies!!!) maybe my OLD brain does not remember exactly, but i remember wondering if she was able to play at the jacks level and thinking that it seemed possible but probably NOT a slam dunk. and thinking she would have been a slam dunk recruit for NSU and definitely for the GPAC schools
                                but i thought last i heard she went to a juco and i never heard more

anyway, fun player to remember!!! i know being an east river resident, i was happy that i had as many opportunities to watch her play as i did
                                I was a little surprised her mixtapes were still on YouTube. Her play (Janis's) was very similar to Paiton's in her twitter highlight video. I'm East River (Sioux Falls), but liked her style of play, 100% all the time, just like Paige's of our current roster. I like good basketball, that's why I'm a jackrabbit fan, we've had plenty of that, fortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X