WNIT GDT: Bruins vs Jackrabbits 7pm Frost Arena Midco/ESPN3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Gotta say their coach gave a very complimentary post game interview. Far more class than the Alabama or Drake coach. I’ll root for UCLA as long as they aren’t playing us.
    I too was impressed. She gets it. The way SD supports women’s basketball is special.

We just forced UCLA to come to our place in the semifinals of a national tournament because of the support from the SDSU administration and the fans.

Comment

It sounds as though GA is sold out for Saturday.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I too was impressed. She gets it. The way SD supports women’s basketball is special.

We just forced UCLA to come to our place in the semifinals of a national tournament because of the support from the SDSU administration and the fans.
        She is a great coach. UCLA has one of the best incoming recruiting classes next year. I think we will see them in the Final Four of the NCAA tourney one of the next few years. Last night was special for us to say the least.

Comment

Our social media team has been on fire lately with their hard work. Also, every time I hear AJ speak I realize more and more how wise and talented he is. I hope we have him forever. Great clip. https://twitter.com/gojackswbb/statu...1yLebU8IOkMHfA

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Go to the UCLA website and there is more pregame and postgame video. Coach Close discusses the WNIT self funding for the teams and the lack of financial paybacks for the NCAA women's tourney. It has a positive approach for achieving more "reward" for the women's game.
            https://uclabruins.com/news/2022/3/3...emifinals.aspx
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Who else struck out on tickets for Saturday? I was, unfortunately, not able to log in until 7:04. The next 20 minutes I was in the “virtual waiting room” and then finally got in, only to find all the tickets gone!

I hate to miss being there in person but that’s awesome to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                Who else struck out on tickets for Saturday? I was, unfortunately, not able to log in until 7:04. The next 20 minutes I was in the “virtual waiting room” and then finally got in, only to find all the tickets gone!

I hate to miss being there in person but that’s awesome to see.
                My old man was on right at 7 and didn't get any.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                  Gotta say their coach gave a very complimentary post game interview. Far more class than the Alabama or Drake coach. I’ll root for UCLA as long as they aren’t playing us.
                  It was a great interview. The only part I was disappointed in was her underselling the environment last night by comparing it to their prior two games. UCLA played in front of just under 3,000 fans at Oregon State which was 33% capacity. Do not tell me that is the same environment as Frost was last night.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Glad I'm not the only one with that perception, on the one hand. On the other, I used to attempt to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he tried to pre-empt whatever bias non-SD viewers could accuse him of by focusing on opponents' strengths, thereby preventing criticism like that the Baylor-USD commentators received from folks like Zim and Gaskins.

Regardless, what's always irked me most about Newitt is his "analysis" of foul calls and physicality. It's been my perception that he has a notable propensity to excuse opponents' potential fouls as driving to the hoop, being physical, etc., but if/when Jacks players did the same, he'd make a point of mentioning that Jacks "got away with one," or say "they [the refs] probably should've called a foul." He's also sung Plitzuweit's praises for "advocating for her team" when lobbying the refs and called AJ out for delaying the game when he did the exact same thing.
                    The game when Burckhard got cut under her eye, he initially said she and Sellend must have "butted heads " . On the replay, they were at least 6-8 ft apart and both were knocked down by players on the opposing team. He corrected himself and on the ref's review to see if there was anything improper, he stated " since it wasn't a "friendly fire" incident (that he initially called} , then that's why the play was reviewed. My thought was, if you didn't see it, then don't comment what you thought happened, just a good habit to get into if you're calling games I'd think.

More to your point, after awhile, at some point you start to think he's rooting for the other team and has nothing positive to say about the Jacks. Way too lopsided in his view of the game favoring whoever we are playing against.He's not "fair and balanced" as they say. He would be more at home doing USD games, but they already have the homer Elsen (sp?) there

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

The game when Burckhard got cut under her eye, he initially said she and Sellend must have "butted heads " . On the replay, they were at least 6-8 ft apart and both were knocked down by players on the opposing team. He corrected himself and on the ref's review to see if there was anything improper, he stated " since it wasn't a "friendly fire" incident (that he initially called} , then that's why the play was reviewed. My thought was, if you didn't see it, then don't comment what you thought happened, just a good habit to get into if you're calling games I'd think.

More to your point, after awhile, at some point you start to think he's rooting for the other team and has nothing positive to say about the Jacks. Way too lopsided in his view of the game favoring whoever we are playing against.He's not "fair and balanced" as they say. He would be more at home doing USD games, but they already have the homer Elsen (sp?) there
                      Elsen is the "poor 'Yote's version" of Tom Nieman, so we can hope Midco executes a long-term Bahe for Newitt "trade." It'd ensure Midco needn't worry about their analyst having to travel as much, because Bahe's already in Brookings, and on days Bahe can't work, Stemen can be on standby.

Comment

Elsen is the "poor 'Yote's version" of Tom Nieman, so we can hope Midco executes a long-term Bahe for Newitt "trade." It'd ensure Midco needn't worry about their analyst having to travel as much, because Bahe's already in Brookings, and on days Bahe can't work, Stemen can be on standby.
                        I know Im a broken record but As much as I like Tom Nieman, David Brown and Alex Hienert do great calling games. When ever one of them is calling a game, i will enjoy it.

I watched Knewit with Elsen for a usd game this season and IMHO he favored USD in his analysis. Never heard him say anything like USD was lucky they got away with one there.....

Thats why im not always upset having to listen to the radio especially with Tyler. He is a gift we need to treasure.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I know Im a broken record but As much as I like Tom Nieman, David Brown and Alex Hienert do great calling games. When ever one of them is calling a game, i will enjoy it.

I watched Knewit with Elsen for a usd game this season and IMHO he favored USD in his analysis. Never heard him say anything like USD was lucky they got away with one there.....

Thats why im not always upset having to listen to the radio especially with Tyler. He is a gift we need to treasure.
                          I agree wholeheartedly about Tyler. The only issue I have there is trying to get my video and audio to sync when I view on laptop and stream audio through app in phone

Comment

I hope turnovers Don't come back to bite us. You can chalk some up to good defense but some are simply lazy careless passes. We better value the ball better. Expecting to win with that many empty possessions might be asking alot.

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly about Tyler. The only issue I have there is trying to get my video and audio to sync when I view on laptop and stream audio through app in phone
                              I like it when the audio is a head then its like you can know whats going to happen as it happens. actually i like them sycned up, but thats hard to do. so sometimes i just listen then watch the high lights.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                                I hope turnovers Don't come back to bite us. You can chalk some up to good defense but some are simply lazy careless passes. We better value the ball better. Expecting to win with that many empty possessions might be asking alot.
                                There have been some lazy passes. There has also been much quicker defenders and players that are keyed on stealing the ball. The players we have seen recently have motors that run higher than the average Summit team. It seems all ball movement is challenged.

Comment

Working...
                                X