• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SDSU forces UCLA TO a three to tie

Comment

tori nelson has ice in her veins

Comment

Jacks win! And HOST Seton Hall Saturday at 2pm for the championship.

Comment

AJ probably thinking, " I need a less stressful job".

Comment

Didn't think that last three was that close. but Midco just showed the angle from directly behind Osborne and it was right online but just went off the back rim.

Comment

To end the evening (for me) . . . I was actually able to watch the last 30 seconds or so on ESPN3.

Apparently the ESPN morons have decided to tie ESPN3 availability to the internet provider rather than the TV provider (see peavy at post #47 upthread). I mean, that would probably be more or less okay if their app (and web site) let you DEFINE both internet and TV providers, which neither do. So, if you're like me and have different internet and TV providers, we get to go in and switch back and forth whenever we want to watch ESPN3.

It took me most of the game to fight through the idiot "support" bots at ESPN before I found an actual human being to talk to via chat. But I made it, just in time to see the end of the game.

But ESPN's web/app development staff are obviously morons.

Just thought I'd share.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

These last two ridiculously entertaining games have wiped out the memory of all those sleepy January/February blowouts. Wow!

How about Timmer hitting that mid-range jumper? We would have done some damage with this version of her on Nov/Dec. It probably wasn’t the best idea but I did get a kick out of her going for the kill on that layup attempt with about 20 seconds left.

I’m going to be snatching a couple of those championship tickets at 7:00 tomorrow!

Comment

So filbert missed Newitt spending the whole game talking up UCLA then! Idk, was at the game but can’t stand listening to that guy

Comment

Season ticket holders have from 7am to 7pm on April 1 to claim their tickets. The system will be shut down from 7pm to 9pm. I am assuming the remaining reserved seating will come available at 9pm. General admission may be available at 7am, but there is not a specific statement to that effect.

TICKETS
                    Tickets will go on sale at 7 AM tomorrow, Friday, April 1 at JackrabbitTickets.com. Current season ticket have until tomorrow, Friday, April 1 at 7 PM to claim their seats. All ticket sales will be offline from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM tomorrow.

All fans, regardless of their status as a season ticket holder or an SDSU staff member, must purchase tickets for WNIT games at Frost Arena. South Dakota State season ticket holders can claim their regular season seats in their online accounts for a limited time before those seats are released to the general public.

SDSU student tickets will be complimentary courtesy of SDSU President Barry Dunn. To gain access to the game students only need to scan their student ID at the student entrance like a normal gameday.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Giving up way too many offensive boards. Nelson needs to step up and score some points. Myah and Timmer can't do it all.
                      Yes they can.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

WOW!! what a whatever that was))!! really ZERO offensive rhythm for either team the whole game. the scoring increased in the last few minutes but that was because after going O fer the game from 3 they hit three 3s in a row

and for us myah just took over and made plays one on one. i am guessing this has to be the worst assists to baskets made game for us for the year. obviously the SLT final was bad but we did not even make baskets in that one i think the assists to made baskets ratio was still pretty high. way to grit and gut it out and find a way!!!

and yes myah and timmie, as tylee called her post game, pretty much did do it all on offense!! both of them made more baskets by themself than the entire rest of the team did together. myah- 9 of 17, timmie- 7 of 9 rest of the team made 6 baskets. and how many games has myah ever played the whole game and had ONE assist?? but that was the pass to haleigh to take the lead for good. GREAT DRIVE!! GREAT KICK!! GREAT KNOCKDOWN MIDRANGE JUMPER from apparently a cold blooded killer to take it home!!! she has played this whole tournament with no fear at all!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                          So filbert missed Newitt spending the whole game talking up UCLA then! Idk, was at the game but can’t stand listening to that guy
                          It's so bad you think there's no way the Jacks can beat such a juggernaut that UCLA, Alabama are, every play spectacular and player a stud, never a mention of what we did well, can we get a color commentator who isn't quite so biased against the Jacks in the Championship game please. I can stand a few glowing comments, but the whole game long is just too much, especially when the praise isn't balanced out at all..I don't think Newitt even realizes how biased he is , he probably thinks he's even handed in his praises, he's definitely not.But, love it at the end when we defeat the other team, especially because of him.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-31-2022, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Gotta say their coach gave a very complimentary post game interview. Far more class than the Alabama or Drake coach. I’ll root for UCLA as long as they aren’t playing us.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              It's so bad you think there's no way the Jacks can beat such a juggernaut that UCLA, Alabama are, every play spectacular and player a stud, never a mention of what we did well, can we get a color commentator who isn't quite so biased against the Jacks in the Championship game please. I can stand a few glowing comments, but the whole game long is just too much, especially when the praise isn't balanced out at all..I don't think Newitt even realizes how biased he is , he probably thinks he's even handed in his praises, he's definitely not.But, love it at the end when we defeat the other team, especially because of him.
                              Glad I'm not the only one with that perception, on the one hand. On the other, I used to attempt to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he tried to pre-empt whatever bias non-SD viewers could accuse him of by focusing on opponents' strengths, thereby preventing criticism like that the Baylor-USD commentators received from folks like Zim and Gaskins.

Regardless, what's always irked me most about Newitt is his "analysis" of foul calls and physicality. It's been my perception that he has a notable propensity to excuse opponents' potential fouls as driving to the hoop, being physical, etc., but if/when Jacks players did the same, he'd make a point of mentioning that Jacks "got away with one," or say "they [the refs] probably should've called a foul." He's also sung Plitzuweit's praises for "advocating for her team" when lobbying the refs and called AJ out for delaying the game when he did the exact same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                                WOW!! what a whatever that was))!! really ZERO offensive rhythm for either team the whole game. the scoring increased in the last few minutes but that was because after going O fer the game from 3 they hit three 3s in a row

and for us myah just took over and made plays one on one. i am guessing this has to be the worst assists to baskets made game for us for the year. obviously the SLT final was bad but we did not even make baskets in that one i think the assists to made baskets ratio was still pretty high. way to grit and gut it out and find a way!!!

and yes myah and timmie, as tylee called her post game, pretty much did do it all on offense!! both of them made more baskets by themself than the entire rest of the team did together. myah- 9 of 17, timmie- 7 of 9 rest of the team made 6 baskets. and how many games has myah ever played the whole game and had ONE assist?? but that was the pass to haleigh to take the lead for good. GREAT DRIVE!! GREAT KICK!! GREAT KNOCKDOWN MIDRANGE JUMPER from apparently a cold blooded killer to take it home!!! she has played this whole tournament with no fear at all!!!!
                                I'll confess to shouting in a manner similar to this when Irwin hit shot to end 1st half. I'll also confess to having no interest in Sat.'s game being as close as this one.

And Timmer ... no words ... but thoughts on "Timmer Thyme"-flavored ice cream for the health-conscious?

Comment

Working...
                                X