WNIT GDT: Bruins vs Jackrabbits 7pm Frost Arena Midco/ESPN3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
    Our social media team has been on fire lately with their hard work. Also, every time I hear AJ speak I realize more and more how wise and talented he is. I hope we have him forever. Great clip. https://twitter.com/gojackswbb/statu...1yLebU8IOkMHfA
    Amazing how fired up he is in his speeches to the team.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      To end the evening (for me) . . . I was actually able to watch the last 30 seconds or so on ESPN3.

Apparently the ESPN morons have decided to tie ESPN3 availability to the internet provider rather than the TV provider (see peavy at post #47 upthread). I mean, that would probably be more or less okay if their app (and web site) let you DEFINE both internet and TV providers, which neither do. So, if you're like me and have different internet and TV providers, we get to go in and switch back and forth whenever we want to watch ESPN3.

It took me most of the game to fight through the idiot "support" bots at ESPN before I found an actual human being to talk to via chat. But I made it, just in time to see the end of the game.

But ESPN's web/app development staff are obviously morons.

Just thought I'd share.
      The ESPN3 saga continues: Today (as opposed to last night) the DirecTV Stream support person says that ESPN3 is **Not** currently part of what customers get with the service...and she says basically "we're working on it."

So, I guess until that's resolved I'll just not watch any Jackrabbit games that wind up on ESPN3. Fortunately, at least for the past year, most have them have been on ESPN+.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

There have been some lazy passes. There has also been much quicker defenders and players that are keyed on stealing the ball. The players we have seen recently have motors that run higher than the average Summit team. It seems all ball movement is challenged.
        ABSOLUTELY!! we have had SOME lazy passes, forced passes, and bad decisions!! but i do believe that we have played 2 or 3 teams that go after the ball more consistently and more aggressively than we have really seen

also we are playing these games without our point guard. i really think we would have absolutely whipped ucla with paige. no doubt our TO kept them in the game and no doubt our TO are lower with paige at the point!!

that said what breaks did the jacks really get yesterday?? what were they plays that went in their direction without any input from the jacks??

ucla got i thought several breaks. Osbourne was totally shut down!! this is a player who went 31 and 10 in the last game and averaged about 17 a game. she made 3 baskets yesterday! 3 out of 16. and i know it was a team effort and yes other people did guard her at times and switched screens, etc... but before we remember tylee only for her tough offensive game, remember she was by far the main defender on yet another elite offensive player and really totally shut her down. 3 of 16 is less than 20% from the field, ironically about the same % that tylee shot

but making only 3 fg Osbourne still did get 11 points, because she got 5 TOTAL GIFT free throws that she did nothing to earn. obviously the bad foul to end the first Q. but also in the last few minutes she got two more gift FT when she drove into the lane and used her left forearm to tylee chest plain as day. somehow tylee got called for that foul. i think those 2 ft either tied it or gave them the lead. total gift and big break for ucla. should have been a foul and go the other way with a chance to add to the lead

in a game as tight and low scoring as yesterday those 5 points were a huge gift for them

also, do you remember also in the 4th Q about 7 and a half minutes we were up 5. timmer goes down the lane tries to pass to paiton on a roll to the basket. Brown for them blocked the pass, OK good play by her!! but it bounces off the bottom of the board instead of going out of bounds. comes directly back to them and Dougahowever you say it goes for a layup. maybe a 4 point swing. instead of us going up 7 they cut it to 3

i feel like i could think of more but go ahead and tell me if i am just being biased and not remembering some big break the rabbits got, other than getting to play at home

Comment

i was thinking how every player who got on the floor made at least some meaningful contribution to the win. being a coach i do believe that the whole team is part of it. and really HOW MANY teams have a scout team as talented as ours? i think Mesa and Maddie and Regan really would play a lot for other teams. i think they would have even gotten more minutes this year at usd than they did with us. we are so deep that we have really really good players who really find it hard to get on the floor!!

but for those that did get on the floor

greer played 9 ,minutes, had 2 of our only 6 assists, including setting timmer up for our only 3 of the night with a nice drive and kick. she also had a nice tie up in the paint i think shortly after getting in the game

LT only 11 minutes but FOUR rebounds!!! she is really amazing at this!! and i think she has her hand on other balls that she does not get credited as boards that somebody else gets or i think she made them tip one out of bounds
          she also played great D again on whoever she guarded including Osbourne when tylee was not in. we could go back and look but i think NEITHER of Scalia for minnesota or Osbourne for the bruins scored a FG when LT was on them

i was really thinking that tori had a second poor game and thinking i would probably have finished the game just like the bama game with LT on the floor and tori on the bench. GOOD THING AJ was not thinking that!!!!!!!!!!! Tori had only 7 points but her ONLY FG came on a huge and one play with about 2 minutes and then the 2 biggest FT of the year so far to put it away. way to step up when it matters most kid!!!!!

paiton also had a tough game on both ends. no surprise she had a tough time scoring in the paint against their size. but she had about as tough a game on D as i can remember. but like Tori scores 4 of her 7 in the last minutes. had her ONLY successful post move in the last 7 minutes or so and like Tori two huge FT late
          and she made a big adjustment moving further to Thomas left shoulder and got a huge offensive foul call on thomas in the 4th Q

Kallie had two huge blocked shots and a big 3 pt play

tylee really struggled on offense obviously but one of her two buckets probably goes on the all time rabbits highlight reel with the 3 pt play to end the first half and put us ahead by 2!!!! and her defense was very typically excellent and probably also typically under noticed and under appreciated!!! but that girl just got done destroying probably the other best team in this tournament with 31 against OSU. tylee held her to 20 points less including her 5 gift FT

the other two probably need no explanation as to how they helped contribute))))!!!! but i will say Myah had only ONE assist. how often has that happened. but it did happen to set Timmer up to put us in the lead for the final time. These two are really REALLY good!!! i am really looking forward to having them together for one more year

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            It's so bad you think there's no way the Jacks can beat such a juggernaut that UCLA, Alabama are, every play spectacular and player a stud, never a mention of what we did well, can we get a color commentator who isn't quite so biased against the Jacks in the Championship game please. I can stand a few glowing comments, but the whole game long is just too much, especially when the praise isn't balanced out at all..I don't think Newitt even realizes how biased he is , he probably thinks he's even handed in his praises, he's definitely not.But, love it at the end when we defeat the other team, especially because of him.
            I am definitely also NOT the biggest Newitt fan

BUT

he treats us a Bajillion times more fairly than the argus leader!!!

the day after the jacks win a national tournament there is not a single word about them in the sports section of the biggest paper in their home state!! if there is a word it is so small and insignificant that it might as well not be in there

at the same time, however, there are TWO articles on the front page of the sport section about usd and one of those is written by the fella who supposedly is the jackrabbit reporter for them. and this is the second article he has written about usd in the last week

if somebody had no other source of information, they knew about south dakota division one athletics based ONLY on the argus loser, they would absolutely think that the usd is the top sports program in the state. it is far far beyond a total crock!!! and it is obviously purposely done to try to influence thinking and perception and support!!!!!!!!

yet despite their efforts, the jacks remain BY FAR the most successful athletic program!! and despite all of usd recent WBB success they are still behind the jacks in that sport as well!!!!

they just graduated the most successful group they have ever had and in the last two years that team has still lost 3 out of 5 games to the jacks. and yes they have won the last 3 SLT but in two of those the jacks best player did not play a single minute!! and this year we had another of the best players in the conference not able to play the SLT

we will see what happens going forward!! but the jacks lost the best player in school history and probably the best team 3 years ago. since then, i would argue that it is only the injuries to Myah that have caused the program to fall off at all after losing Macy and co.

last year when myah was healthy we totally dominated the conference including two very convincing wins against usd!! and with Myah i believe we would have had a fantastic chance to make our second sweet 16. if we are healthy next year there is a great great chance that we will have the best team we have ever had

the coyotes just lost arguably the two best players they have ever had and arguably their best team. will they be able to turn things around and maintain the same level of success???? maybe they will, i am not willing to say they can not

BUT the jacks have truly maintained the level of talent they had when macy was here and i truly believe that last year and this year they were capable of winning multiple ncaa games if they were healthy!! THE TALENT IS THERE!! it has been simply a matter of health

but if you get your info from the argus leader you would think that the jacks have disappeared (they certainly disappeared from todays paper) and become an insignificant sidenote who happen to play in the same conference as the ascending jugernaut from vermillion. that is a COMPLETE AND TOTAL and I BELIEVE PURPOSEFUL LIE

shame on that paper and shame on zimmer who supposedly covers the jacks but only helps to perpetuate their biased coverage of the two schools

SO ANYWAY..... yep i will take Mr Newitt every day over that

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

BUT

the day after the jacks win a national tournament there is not a single word about them in the sports section of the biggest paper in their home state!! if there is a word it is so small and insignificant that it might as well not be in there

at the same time, however, there are TWO articles on the front page of the sport section about usd and one of those is written by the fella who supposedly is the jackrabbit reporter for them. and this is the second article he has written about usd in the last week

if somebody had no other source of information, they knew about south dakota division one athletics based ONLY on the argus loser, they would absolutely think that the usd is the top sports program in the state. it is far far beyond a total crock!!! and it is obviously purposely done to try to influence thinking and perception and support!!!!!!!!

yet despite their efforts, the jacks remain BY FAR the most successful athletic program!! and despite all of usd recent WBB success they are still behind the jacks in that sport as well!!!!

they just graduated the most successful group they have ever had and in the last two years that team has still lost 3 out of 5 games to the jacks. and yes they have won the last 3 SLT but in two of those the jacks best player did not play a single minute!! and this year we had another of the best players in the conference not able to play the SLT

we will see what happens going forward!! but the jacks lost the best player in school history and probably the best team 3 years ago. since then, i would argue that it is only the injuries to Myah that have caused the program to fall off at all after losing Macy and co.

last year when myah was healthy we totally dominated the conference including two very convincing wins against usd!! and with Myah i believe we would have had a fantastic chance to make our second sweet 16. if we are healthy next year there is a great great chance that we will have the best team we have ever had

the coyotes just lost arguably the two best players they have ever had and arguably their best team. will they be able to turn things around and maintain the same level of success???? maybe they will, i am not willing to say they can not

BUT the jacks have truly maintained the level of talent they had when macy was here and i truly believe that last year and this year they were capable of winning multiple ncaa games if they were healthy!! THE TALENT IS THERE!! it has been simply a matter of health

but if you get your info from the argus leader you would think that the jacks have disappeared (they certainly disappeared from todays paper) and become an insignificant sidenote who happen to play in the same conference as the ascending jugernaut from vermillion. that is a COMPLETE AND TOTAL and I BELIEVE PURPOSEFUL LIE

shame on that paper and shame on zimmer who supposedly covers the jacks but only helps to perpetuate their biased coverage of the two schools

im confused. You are complaining about Zimmer and the Argus Leader? Do you read online articles? I honestly didnt know people still buy newspapers.

Comment

BUT

I confess that I subscribe to the Argus due almost solely to Zim's coverage; however, I think some of your criticism could be directed to their web development team.

There are multiple stories (and one photo gallery) connected to the Jacks' WNIT win, one of which focuses on Irwin.

However, I think you'll notice that the articles highlighted online are "For Subscribers," and they're really pushing folks to subscribe. As I said, I'm a current subscriber, and they're frustratingly emailing me about the discounts available to new subscribers only

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I confess that I subscribe to the Argus due almost solely to Zim's coverage; however, I think some of your criticism could be directed to their web development team.

There are multiple stories (and one photo gallery) connected to the Jacks' WNIT win, one of which focuses on Irwin.

However, I think you'll notice that the articles highlighted online are "For Subscribers," and they're really pushing folks to subscribe. As I said, I'm a current subscriber, and they're frustratingly emailing me about the discounts available to new subscribers only
                  I think that the AL powers that be think that (hope that) there are enough SDSU fans who will pay for access to Argus articles, so they tend to put them behind the paywall.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

im confused. You are complaining about Zimmer and the Argus Leader? Do you read online articles? I honestly didnt know people still buy newspapers.
                    i do not subscribe. and i VERY RARELY buy the pyhsical paper. i DID NOT realize that they have articles that are only online. i looked online to see what the headlines were. i saw the headline about Tylee. i wanted to read the article and thought there might be something else. SO i went to the gas station and purchased the paper. that happens probably less than 10 times a year because i do not want to support the paper.

maybe that would change if i ever saw changes but in my online scanning of headlines and rare purchases i dont see anything worth supporting

the article about Tylee is not in the paper nor is ANY OTHER mention of the jacks winning a national tournament

Comment

BUT

What are you talking about? There are multiple articles on last night's game along with pictures online. If you choose not to subscribe thats your issue. Zimmer does a great job. I do wish he would resume his weekly chat so fans can ask questions.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

What are you talking about? There are multiple articles on last night's game along with pictures online. If you choose not to subscribe thats your issue. Zimmer does a great job. I do wish he would resume his weekly chat so fans can ask questions.
                        Sounds like he may be talking about the print edition.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

There have been some lazy passes. There has also been much quicker defenders and players that are keyed on stealing the ball. The players we have seen recently have motors that run higher than the average Summit team. It seems all ball movement is challenged.
                          These Nat'L Tournaments are so valuable for players to go through, they learn so much from what it takes to win in them, they get to experience many different styles of play and degrees of athleticism, skill, toughness, speed, quickness, etc, especially facing tougher and tougher teams as they fight their way through.I don't know why some teams turn down invitations, maybe they are worn out and don't want to go through another grind. I'm sure they all have their own reasons , it's their choice, and I respect that, whatever is best for their own teams is weighed into the decision I'm sure.

Comment

Several months ago the Argus moved its printing from Sioux Falls to Des Moines. I believe they print it in the afternoon in order to get it South Dakota by midnight. The carriers etc then pick it up for distribution soon thereafter. In addition to the eliminating of many staff members over the years (currently only 2 writers cover ALL the colleges, high schools and professional and semi professional teams in ALL sports in the Sioux Falls area) make it impossible to get good,timely , coverage. They also eliminated the Saturday home delivery. In short, whatever news there is appears two days later.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

I agree, but I think Twitter and the Nobody's Listening Anyway podcast are serving as chat proxies

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I agree, but I think Twitter and the Nobody's Listening Anyway podcast are serving as chat proxies
                                The podcast is really a great listen. Always get some good insights. I’ve enjoyed every episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X