Tourney time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

What few tickets were left were gone in less than 10 minutes. The announced a sell out in less than 15 minutes.
    I don’t think it even took that long. I was on right as the click hit 2 and there were no tickets available.

Comment

I got on at 2:00 also. I saw the seating chart and got a glance at maybe 8-10 seats available total. I added two to my cart, but they were already gone. Tried again with two other seats and they were gone also. After that all seats were gone…..at 2:03.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
        9200 for Augie game is the record!

Can still hear it! "Augie sucks! Augie sucks!"

As good as Frost can be now, only those that were at some of those old classic D2 games will ever know what Frost was like in its heyday! Absolutely zero comparison! Miss those crowds!

SUEPRBUNNY
        Hey Super are you saying this is the number or it is your best guess?

my brain is definitely getting old!! but i thought i recall the cal davis playoff game we had over 9500

and the Augie crowd in i believe 1988 was over 9800. i guess i have an idea how to find it but maybe someone actually knows

i was at that augie game and you are correct bunny!!! the way i recall it we started chanting augie sucks the second they came on the floor for warm up and NEVER stopped. that was a great cheer))) i really do not usually appreciate negative cheering but augie sucks was a good and a fun one))

did you happen to be in lake benton the night before the game? the johnny holm band was playing and at one point they asked what everyone was doing for the weekend. something was said about the game and johnny asked who was for which team

the augie people begain to try to make a bit of noise. for the rest of the night EVERY time the band stopped playing the crowd started the augie sucks chant. i figured they could hear us back in brookings))))

also remember from that game that pat friedel was trying to harass tony matthews in the back court. bill cartwright set a pick about 5 feet before the half court line. pat never saw it coming. folded him in half and put him on the ground. i bet he neck still hurts from that one))

i would say the crowd went nuts but they were already cheering augie sucks at the top of their lungs so nothing really changed)))

have to say it is kinda disappointing now when a huge crowd is half of those. going D! was absolutely the right move!!!! but those NCC days were a blast!!!!!!!! imagine how things would have gone if all those schools had just listened to us and ndsu and moved that entire conference to D1 at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

Hey Super are you saying this is the number or it is your best guess?

my brain is definitely getting old!! but i thought i recall the cal davis playoff game we had over 9500

and the Augie crowd in i believe 1988 was over 9800. i guess i have an idea how to find it but maybe someone actually knows

i was at that augie game and you are correct bunny!!! the way i recall it we started chanting augie sucks the second they came on the floor for warm up and NEVER stopped. that was a great cheer))) i really do not usually appreciate negative cheering but augie sucks was a good and a fun one))

did you happen to be in lake benton the night before the game? the johnny holm band was playing and at one point they asked what everyone was doing for the weekend. something was said about the game and johnny asked who was for which team

the augie people begain to try to make a bit of noise. for the rest of the night EVERY time the band stopped playing the crowd started the augie sucks chant. i figured they could hear us back in brookings))))

also remember from that game that pat friedel was trying to harass tony matthews in the back court. bill cartwright set a pick about 5 feet before the half court line. pat never saw it coming. folded him in half and put him on the ground. i bet he neck still hurts from that one))

i would say the crowd went nuts but they were already cheering augie sucks at the top of their lungs so nothing really changed)))

have to say it is kinda disappointing now when a huge crowd is half of those. going D! was absolutely the right move!!!! but those NCC days were a blast!!!!!!!! imagine how things would have gone if all those schools had just listened to us and ndsu and moved that entire conference to D1 at the same time
          The Cal St Hayward tournament game in '85 was one of the best atmospheres we have ever had at Frost.

Comment

just looked. the 1988-89 season

at usd 8200 only 2600 for the game at frost. tells you who our rival was and who theirs was

at augie 7582

augie at frost 9456

btw we also had almost 3900 for morningside and over 5300 for northern colorado that year

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              Isn't the record attendance a little over 9,000? Those NCC days were nuts.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
              Record is 9,456 for Augie game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post

The Cal St Hayward tournament game in '85 was one of the best atmospheres we have ever had at Frost.
                YEP i was just going to correct myself. i said cal davis. but as you said it was cal st hayward. crowd was 9334

the other thing i loved about those days was parking absolutely everywhere and anywhere including on the grass

i always said when they told us we could no longer park on the grass i would give up my season tickets. well they waited until one of my best friends kid was on the team to put that rule in so they showed me who was boss))))) haha

Comment

My favorite game was the Ft. Hayes State game. I jumped up behind the jacks bench on the folded up bleachers. A security man said Hey, you cant sit there. I said find me a spot, he looked around and said, just don't cause any trouble!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                    My favorite game was the Ft. Hayes State game. I jumped up behind the jacks bench on the folded up bleachers. A security man said Hey, you cant sit there. I said find me a spot, he looked around and said, just don't cause any trouble!
                    one of my favs too farmer!!! i would say that augie game will always be the top and probably that one is next. in that one the cheering seemed much the same as the augie game. instead of augie sucks it was lets go rabbits. in my mind it started with warmups and never stopped except for the anthem or after one of their starting guards shot an air ball. then every time he touched it the cheer changed from lets go rabbits to airball. like i said i have never been much a fan of the negative cheers. dont really care for the airball thing, but it did seem to rattle him a bit. i have no idea why i am so okay with the augie sucks cheer. kind of a strange unexplainable thing. i would NEVER want them in our conference again!! but that would be the one thing about it i like)) the revival of that chant

that 96-97 team played in 6 games with over 7000 in attendance including the ft hayes game at about 7500

Comment

Does anyone recall another Frost sellout announced ahead of time like this in the 21st century?

Hopefully the athletic department is making some nice side cash off these ticket sales. I’d love to see how fast tickets go if there’s a Saturday afternoon championship game.

Comment

anyway, pardon the reminiscing, i hope we do top 5000 tomorrow!! i would love it if we give them the ft hayes treatment and give em the lets go rabbits from warmups to final horn.

i am expecting a tough game!!! and the tough ones are the most fun to win after all is said and done))!! but i would happily take a start like we had against bama!!!

really do have to give alabama players a lot of credit!!! they could very easily have thrown in the towel not once but twice and they definitely did not!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          Does anyone recall another Frost sellout announced ahead of time like this in the 21st century?

Hopefully the athletic department is making some nice side cash off these ticket sales. I’d love to see how fast tickets go if there’s a Saturday afternoon championship game.
                          well how many games could it possibly be???

seems most likely it would still be the early 2000s against usd or augie or in one of the regional games. i think the girls had a home game against usd in the regional one of those years

otherwise it pretty much has to be ndsu or usd in the D1 years or that notre dame game. i dont know what the total was on that game. the other day they just said that it was over 4200

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

well how many games could it possibly be???

seems most likely it would still be the early 2000s against usd or augie or in one of the regional games. i think the girls had a home game against usd in the regional one of those years

otherwise it pretty much has to be ndsu or usd in the D1 years or that notre dame game. i dont know what the total was on that game. the other day they just said that it was over 4200
                            5,532 attended the Notre Dame game. Notes for the box score also indicate it's the 3rd-highest attendance for Jacks' WBB, the most for a regular-season matchup, and #3-ranked Notre Dame was the highest-ranked D1 team to play at Frost

Attendance data are also available on pg. 67 (or pg. 70 of 75) here.

Comment

i do NOT know if i am correct but i will guess that the 1st for WBB is the 2003 vs usd. over 7800. strangely the regional game against them later that year also at frost was only in the 4000s

i am guessing biggest attendance in the D1 era is against usd when nate was a junior over 6200, but i have no idea what capacity was at that time. that was the 2011-12 season. we played buffalo at home that year in an espn bracket buster game and had about 5300

these are my guesses but i could be forgetting something

Comment

When we played usd non conference 1 year after going d 1 was pretty good for the women i recall. The early year wnit games were over 6k i think. The men indont recall anything close to the D2 crowd size.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X