No announcement yet.

Tourney time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will a Thursday night game bring a respectable crowd? The Bruins have averaged 1100+ for the 14 home games. 3 of those conference games were apparently without attendance and they had 6 more games to cancel or forfeit. The 2 WNIT games they hosted brought 1415 & 1630. They won a close road game at Wyoming in front of 4300 and a road game at Oregon St in front of 2976. They have a road average of 3522 attendance in 10 games and a 6-4 record. An engaged home crowd on Thursday should be a benefit for the Jackrabbits.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Will a Thursday night game bring a respectable crowd? The Bruins have averaged 1100+ for the 14 home games. 3 of those conference games were apparently without attendance and they had 6 more games to cancel or forfeit. The 2 WNIT games they hosted brought 1415 & 1630. They won a close road game at Wyoming in front of 4300 and a road game at Oregon St in front of 2976. They have a road average of 3522 attendance in 10 games and a 6-4 record. An engaged home crowd on Thursday should be a benefit for the Jackrabbits.
      You currently can't even buy GA tickets, so I'm assuming it will be a pretty good crowd.

Comment

GA tickets won’t go on sale until Wednesday afternoon. Still think it will be a very good-and loud- crowd.

Edit from JackJD: I purchased two GA tickets yesterday at about 1:00 p.m. The comment about GA tickets not going on sale is incorrect. Another edit: looks like the GA tickets are all gone!
        Last edited by JackJD; 03-29-2022, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
          GA tickets won’t go on sale until Wednesday afternoon. Still think it will be a very good-and loud- crowd.
          What would be the reason for not selling GA tickets until 30 hours before the game? I could see them releasing some additional tickets if they go unclaimed by students, but there has to have been some GA tickets sold already.

Comment

I just checked on the website (6:34 PM) and saw the following note:

​​​​​​Tickets for the WNIT game against UCLA are currently sold out. Season ticket holders will have until noon on Wednesday, March 30th to claim their seats and any unclaimed seats will be released at 2:00 pm to the general public for purchase.

That message tells me that the game is sold out.. This is not a case of GA tickets going on sale tomorrow. As I wrote above, I purchased two yesterday. They were going fast. DON'T GIVE UP YET: THERE USUALLY ARE A RESERVED SEAT TICKETS THAT WON'T BE CLAIMED BY THEIR SEASON-TICKET HOLDER AND THOSE WILL GO ON SALE TOMORROW AT 2:00 P.M.

So, the good and the bad news is: there was no delay in selling GA seats, its just that they're all gone! As noted above, I purchased two GA seats yesterday at 1:00 p.m. At that time I thought there were strong indicacators that this game could be a sell-out because the GA areas showed "medium" numbers of seats available and I thought that for any other playoff game, there were a lot more GA tickets available three days before the tipoff.

If you're still looking for tickets, stick with it and check on the website when the clock shows 2:00 pm tomorrow. There shouldn't be an empty seat in Frost for this game.
            Last edited by JackJD; 03-29-2022, 05:45 PM.

Comment

The game is showing to be on ESPN3 for Thursday vs UCLA. I would expect Midco to also broadcast for the SD market.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                One could almost say too that we didn’t have the Timmer then as compared to the Timmer we have now.
                Timmer was not the player she is now and Paige didn't have her best game but Paige was in that game. She did not shoot well but she had 10 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals. She did have 3 TO's (?).
                SDSU is a better team with Tylee, Myah and Timmer playing better but losing Page, UCLA getting a player back and all of their transfers having time to get used to each other help them.

Comment

2 o'clock has come and gone and no tickets are available. I think this game is going to be a sellout.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                    2 o'clock has come and gone and no tickets are available. I think this game is going to be a sellout.
                    What few tickets were left were gone in less than 10 minutes. The announced a sell out in less than 15 minutes.

Comment

Whats the number for an official sell out now? miss the days of the 6000-8500 crowds for games in frost.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

GoJacks lists the capacity at 5200. 1000 more as compared to Sunday, it's going to get cozy in the GA sections!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Whats the number for an official sell out now? miss the days of the 6000-8500 crowds for games in frost.
                          Isn't the record attendance a little over 9,000? Those NCC days were nuts.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            Isn't the record attendance a little over 9,000? Those NCC days were nuts.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
                            yeah. was that the augie game?

I think some of the USD games the last few years D-2 were 8500ish if i recall. Loved those games. It was an amazing athmoshpere. Didnt we have 6000ish When Vogel was still here maybe that first year in the WNIT? or am i mistaken?

went back and looked and we broke 6000 for the indiana game.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

9200 for Augie game is the record!

Can still hear it! "Augie sucks! Augie sucks!"

As good as Frost can be now, only those that were at some of those old classic D2 games will ever know what Frost was like in its heyday! Absolutely zero comparison! Miss those crowds!

SUEPRBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

8481 at the USD mens game for 01-02. yeah, those were great crowds and intense. literally packed shoulder to shoulder and to the rafters. over 8200 I think it said for the 01 usd game. the womens game was over 6400 for usd that year also.

Comment

Working...
                                X