Tourney time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

i didnt get an email for this game but did for the Ohio game. But its in my account
    I figured it out ... probable user error.

Still would have liked an email though.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

I figured it out ... probable user error.

Still would have liked an email though.
      I can concur since I called on the Ohio game before the email and the kid gave me a snotty "we are not ready yet". It might be a time to review the current staff responsibilities.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

as a former student worker in the ticket office in my hay day I would just say that they do not send emails, that came from a different department. i do not know about now but i do know they were spread pretty thin with a very small staff so i always try to cut them some slack but that is just me with my past experience. just happy to get tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

I can concur since I called on the Ohio game before the email and the kid gave me a snotty "we are not ready yet". It might be a time to review the current staff responsibilities.
          anytime i have dealt with the ticket office, they have been great. Maybe new help or maybe less help and more online

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

anytime i have dealt with the ticket office, they have been great. Maybe new help or maybe less help and more online
            It's spring break, so any students that normally work there may be out.

Comment

The student crowd on Sunday may be better as students should be returning over the weekend. Game day weather should be conducive to an easy day to travel. Minnesota is the opponent which should help attendance as well. Frost needs to be rocking for the home team.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we haven't played Minne since 2013-2014, Banham was on the team, also in the WNIT, 9 long years ago? AJ is 3-0 vs minne since 2004-2005.

Comment

Sweet 16: Drake in Brookings on Thursday night. I like our chances. https://twitter.com/gojackswbb/statu...415673857?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                    Sweet 16: Drake in Brookings on Thursday night. I like our chances. https://twitter.com/gojackswbb/statu...415673857?s=21
                    Watched the UNI-Drake game. Hard to tell if the defenses were that good, or if the offenses were just bad.

Comment

i assume that they stop doing the NET ranking once the tournaments begin??

but i kind of thought that it seemed like the bracket was slightly lopsided. i know they have a little bit of a regional orientation and i guess that is the reason that would be given

but i thought that the 4 teams on our half of the final 8 seemed a little more salty than the other half

going to yesterday i was thinking that SDSU and ucla and oregon st were likely the 3 best teams remaining which would exclude two of them from the final

anyway i decided to look at the NET. based on the latest i could find, the jacks are the highest remaining team according to the NET and ucla is pretty close to us. i think OSU was next and then i think alabama was higher than any of the teams on the other side but i might be wrong about that

ucla was 41 in the ranking i saw and i think from the other side middle tennessee was 59 and toledo in the low 60s. colombia is about 105 or something and i could not find seton hall

anyway NONE of that matters!! and maybe it will all prove to be totally inaccurate or not??? just thought it was a little interesting.

Comment

looks like the same two guards who led the bruins in scoring against us also led them in scoring in the last game against oregon state. they are both 5'9 guards. one of them had 31 points and 10 boards against the beavers

i did not spend a lot of time looking at it so i might be wrong but it appears that they had a 6'4 girl play quite a bit against OSU who did not play against us

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                          looks like the same two guards who led the bruins in scoring against us also led them in scoring in the last game against oregon state. they are both 5'9 guards. one of them had 31 points and 10 boards against the beavers

i did not spend a lot of time looking at it so i might be wrong but it appears that they had a 6'4 girl play quite a bit against OSU who did not play against us
                          When the Jackrabbits played UCLA, UCLA had 2 bigs on crutches in November and they were in the Top 25. Tylee was also on the sideline with a strained back and Myah incurred a shoulder injury during that game.

Comment

Comparing box scores, it appears Dugalic, a 6'4 Oregon transfer is the one player getting minutes now that didn't play in the first game against the Jacks. Averages 6.5 ppg and five rebounds off the bench. Appeared to have a good game against Oregon State.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

When the Jackrabbits played UCLA, UCLA had 2 bigs on crutches in November and they were in the Top 25. Tylee was also on the sideline with a strained back and Myah incurred a shoulder injury during that game.
                              One could almost say too that we didn’t have the Timmer then as compared to the Timmer we have now.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                                One could almost say too that we didn’t have the Timmer then as compared to the Timmer we have now.
                                i would say there is NO ALMOST about it))!! she has reached completely another level of comfort and confidence in the last 4 to 6 games

and that could be due to many things, but i feel like a big part is her finding comfort within their system and figuring out when she can or needs to be aggressive and looking to score and when she needs to keep the ball moving

i think the jacks run a very very small amount of set plays and probably none of them for Haliegh. so she has had to find her spots within what they do and get comfortable with when to take shots as opposed to deferring to her teammates who have obviously been playing in the system much longer

Comment

Working...
                                X