This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post

I don’t think so. Cubby’s and BeWell have deals with a lot of our athletes. Great to see.
    I loved seeing Mya on the commercials. I can't help but think if we could get our crap together as a fan base we should be able to set up a collective for the women's team. We can't compete with the top 100ish , but maybe we can provide enough to help our Rabbits and also draw a few from lower levels or even in conference. I would love to do it for all sports, but men's basketball and football are less likely to be impacted by our limited donor base, IMO.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• 2023-24 marks the last season with extra COVID eligibility, which has curtailed PT for younger classes/teammates in the P5 and most teams.

The extra COVID year with NIL money keeps about 400 older, experienced women on college rosters, and active in the transfer portal.

In 2022-23, SDSU frosh played 32.1-min/game. This investment will pay off as the COVID bulge runs its course. In both upcoming seasons, Paige and Haleigh lead experienced, elite teams.

Last edited by GrandpaLee; 05-10-2023, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Isn’t there up to 4 years of the extra year? If a frosh in 20/21…. You’d have 21/22, 22/23, 23/24 and 24/25… correct? So there would actually be 2 more years of affected players?

Comment

• Yes - the last COVID BULGE year is 24/25; the HS class of 2021 experiences competition from older players for their entire college eligibility (of four years).

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
            Yes - the last COVID BULGE year is 24/25; the HS class of 2021 experiences competition from older players for their entire college eligibility (of four years).
            So I guess they don't get the 5th yr because they never lost one of their four years of eligilbility, but they have to play their entire four years against older competition,without getting to play as an older player themselves, sounds just like an NCAA thing.Can't wait for normalcy to return.

Comment

• Bennett Country GBB - anyone familiar with their young, young players? Saw a 3x3 competition in Rapid that had an OMG, athletic 7th grader - do not want to mention the name yet, just looking for DM or info on her - will get to Bennett Cty games next season for sure to confirm.

Comment

• Saw a team picture on Twitter from summer workouts and was surprised to only see 12 players. Checked the roster and it appears they are going with only 12 compared with 14 last season. Guessing that it's pretty late to be adding anyone from the portal ?

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
                  Bennett Country GBB - anyone familiar with their young, young players? Saw a 3x3 competition in Rapid that had an OMG, athletic 7th grader - do not want to mention the name yet, just looking for DM or info on her - will get to Bennett Cty games next season for sure to confirm.
                  Her mom played for SDSU for a season. Kratovil - married an O'Neill. Daughter made is to state in track and is very athletic! She might be a mid to high major track & field athlete. On her O'Neill side, the family is legendary in West River for volleyball. We shall see how it pans out! If I recall, Kratovil left SDSU because she was well off already and didn't need the schooling.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDHoops View Post

Her mom played for SDSU for a season. Kratovil - married an O'Neill. Daughter made is to state in track and is very athletic! She might be a mid to high major track & field athlete. On her O'Neill side, the family is legendary in West River for volleyball. We shall see how it pans out! If I recall, Kratovil left SDSU because she was well off already and didn't need the schooling.
                    Hey, hey....you haven;t posted in quite awhile SDHoops, glad you're still around checking on the board, I liked your informative posts, thanks for this latest info !
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 06-04-2023, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Believe that is BB player - Reagan O'Neill - loved her confidence, agility, and rim runs.

Comment

Would this be part of Wendy O'Neil's family? She played volleyball for SDSU and graduated from Bennett County. I believe her brother James was at SDSU during the same period. James was jacked. Clearly spend a fair bit of time in the weight room.

Comment

• I still see players entering and exiting the portal.... maybe some dominoes yet (or something like a mid-year transfer - think George Marshall some years ago).... Team looks great and assume eyes open yet for the right fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                            I still see players entering and exiting the portal.... maybe some dominoes yet (or something like a mid-year transfer - think George Marshall some years ago).... Team looks great and assume eyes open yet for the right fit.
                            Twelve seems like a low number going into the season, especially when three of those haven't played a minute of college ball, and a couple more have very little experience.

Comment

• LSU 6'2" freshman forward Alisa Williams has entered the portal. She played in 20 games off the bench and she did not expect to see expanded action as Mulkey added players from the portal. Buy this young gal some mittens and bring her to South Dakota.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                LSU 6'2" freshman forward Alisa Williams has entered the portal. She played in 20 games off the bench and she did not expect to see expanded action as Mulkey added players from the portal. Buy this young gal some mittens and bring her to South Dakota.
                                I’ll toss in a stocking cap

Comment

Working...
                                X