Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will be awesome to have Tylee back for another year! in my opinion as a coach for over 20 years, she has always done so many things that coaches appreciate, but most others do not recognize. her contributions have always gone far beyond the statistics. she should absolutely get STRONG consideration for Defensive POY. i do NOT think she will get it and to be fair Sjervin is also an incredible player and very deserving. but she has a huge advantage in the things more easily seen, measured, and recorded in a stat sheet. it is basically a guarantee that she will lead the league, by a significant margin in both categories, in rebounding and blocked shots. Sjervin will get the award and is very deserving, but Tylee is a difference maker BOTH as an on ball and off ball defender. our defense is significantly better when she is on the floor!! beyond all that she is now living up to the offensive potential she has always had. she has always been able to get into the middle of the lane, basically whenever she wants to. the shot she made to put the jacks ahead at the end, and several other times during the second half, is a shot that she has been able to create for her ENTIRE career. the difference this year is that she is consistently knocking that down. with the great contribution she is making at both ends of the floor, she should definitely be first team all conference. i would say at this moment first team all conference is Selland, Tylee, Paiton, Sjervin, Lamb, and Korngable. Of course they will have some representation from other teams, but i do not think there is anyone more deserving than those 6. it will be so fun to have tylee back for another year. the only downside is that it means another year of sjervin and lamb, and on the boy side umude

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
      It will be awesome to have Tylee back for another year! in my opinion as a coach for over 20 years, she has always done so many things that coaches appreciate, but most others do not recognize. her contributions have always gone far beyond the statistics. she should absolutely get STRONG consideration for Defensive POY. i do NOT think she will get it and to be fair Sjervin is also an incredible player and very deserving. but she has a huge advantage in the things more easily seen, measured, and recorded in a stat sheet. it is basically a guarantee that she will lead the league, by a significant margin in both categories, in rebounding and blocked shots. Sjervin will get the award and is very deserving, but Tylee is a difference maker BOTH as an on ball and off ball defender. our defense is significantly better when she is on the floor!! beyond all that she is now living up to the offensive potential she has always had. she has always been able to get into the middle of the lane, basically whenever she wants to. the shot she made to put the jacks ahead at the end, and several other times during the second half, is a shot that she has been able to create for her ENTIRE career. the difference this year is that she is consistently knocking that down. with the great contribution she is making at both ends of the floor, she should definitely be first team all conference. i would say at this moment first team all conference is Selland, Tylee, Paiton, Sjervin, Lamb, and Korngable. Of course they will have some representation from other teams, but i do not think there is anyone more deserving than those 6. it will be so fun to have tylee back for another year. the only downside is that it means another year of sjervin and lamb, and on the boy side umude
      It will be interesting to see how many of the really good seniors come back. Players like Umude and Wilson likely want to try and make some money playing basketball, most likely overseas after college. Do they give up one of their prime money-making years playing another year of college ball and risk injury ? Sjerven will likely also have that opportunity. I think players like Irwin that may not have pro ball in their future would very likely return.

Comment

• Tylee can hit jump shots over people because she's athletic and can jump and get good elevation, shoots a nice smooth consistent shot, no herky jerkiness . She can also block shots for the same reason, she's athletic, her and Myah, She is much better than given credit for. I hope she plays another yr. Paiton's so good for how she's done right off the bat as a freshman. Nelson can contribute a lot yet, just a soph. Mesa good as a true freshman,her and Madysen, hopefully Herzberg Kallie coming along really well after suffering her injury, Rongish and Nesheim continue their development, remember , Bultsma was a real asset her Sr year. We have players that are capable, but just waiting for that next step in development, and their chance to get that break-out yr. Solid players coming in again. It's hard to crack the lineup for SDSU, it's a very good program, I've heard UConn usually their new players don't see action too much their first year or two , except for their elite players, this year might be the anomaly though. Next year should be another good one , same as this year basically if we get Tylee back, minus Greer. Got the yellow and blue glasses firmly in place.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-07-2021, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Hirschmann, Ferrand and Rongisch (Rongisch due to injuries) haven't shown much. Ferrand showed flashes last year, but must not be progressing very fast.

Stapleton is coming along and getting more confident.

If players aren't seeing a little action their freshman year, they usually don't turn into an all conference type.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZjack View Post
            Hirschmann, Ferrand and Rongisch (Rongisch due to injuries) haven't shown much. Ferrand showed flashes last year, but must not be progressing very fast.

Stapleton is coming along and getting more confident.

If players aren't seeing a little action their freshman year, they usually don't turn into an all conference type.
            You're right of course, but I just expect everyone on the roster to be just good contributors when they hit he floor for whatever minutes they get (as a team mainly). Game experience helps development , and not getting it because you need more development is kind of like a catch 22 situation, but they still can show they are ready to be a contributor in practice because the coaches do take note, believe me. Megan Bultsma last season being a perfect example. Also. we usually maintain a pretty large roster, which I personally like, because it helps foster camaraderie if it consists of those who are team players, and who always pass to those who are open if the player see's them which SDSU has traditionally always been as a team. But a player has to take advantage of those opportunities at the same time, not 100% naturally , but a good percentage of the time none the less. Yes, that's pressure in and of itself, but good players don't let a missed shot get in their head and effect the next opportunity ,they make good of it and come through later. The nature of the game is to achieve success as a team, and basketball gives players many different ways to achieve success as individuals too.
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-08-2021, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Brooklyn Myer ('22) and her teammates just cleared a big hurdle in their quest for the 20-21 Iowa 3A Championship defeating the 3A # 1 SEED today in the semi's 52-39 . Congrats to our future Jackrabbit and the whole team ! If you'd like to watch the replay , you can on you tube brought to you courtesy of the Iowa Farm Bureau's generous sponsorship : 2021 IGHSAU State Basketball 3A Semifinal: Cherokee Washington v West Lyon Link Here
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-05-2021, 12:21 AM.

Comment

• Tweet from AJ: "It's a Great Day to be a Jackrabbit".

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Tweet from AJ: "It's a Great Day to be a Jackrabbit".
                  Sweet! But now we wait like a kid at Christmas!

Comment

• https://twitter.com/nnielsen_/status...663972864?s=21

Newest verbal: Natalie Nielsen from Akron-Westfield. 6-3 C. Welcome to the Jackrabbit family!

Comment

• www.hudl.com/profile/11819306/Natalie-Nielsen Hard to evaluate since she is so much taller than everyone, but looks mobile for her size and can score from the outside as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        www.hudl.com/profile/11819306/Natalie-Nielsen Hard to evaluate since she is so much taller than everyone, but looks mobile for her size and can score from the outside as well.
                        AJ got a lock down defender in the paint I hope, bonus, if she can score some too. Welcome Natalie, can we call her Nat??

Comment

• Someone mentioned Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda, Class of 2022 in an earlier page as a high level recruit in SD...her HS coach Jamie Parrish and AJ's wife Laurie are very good friends. Would love to see her in a Jacks uniform!..I look at some players that were great and went to Power 5 programs and were just okay. Why not stay in state and become legendary!?

Comment

• Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                            Someone mentioned Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda, Class of 2022 in an earlier page as a high level recruit in SD...her HS coach Jamie Parrish and AJ's wife Laurie are very good friends. Would love to see her in a Jacks uniform!..I look at some players that were great and went to Power 5 programs and were just okay. Why not stay in state and become legendary!?
                            She released her top 10 a while ago.... no mid majors to be seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• i agree with your thinnking mr hoops and i think the jacks are VERY close to pulling that off. i cannot recall the list someone posted for her but i believe it included oregon and stanford. those are a couple of the maybe dozen or so schools that can really say they are better than the jacks and usd on a regular basis

the only local school that wins and has tournament potential that is ANYWHERE close to us and usd is u of iowa. for instance in terms of basketball, and having your hard work pay off with winning games and having the chance to win games in ncaa tourney, i do not think there is ANY reasonable argument that alexis markowski did not make a GIANT mistake in changing her commit from the jacks to the huskers.

maybe she wants to go to the school in her home town. maybe she wanted the big 10 experience. we could think of more of those type reasons but it is a lockdown guarantee the jacks win WAY more games and go to more ncaa tourney and win more tourney games than the huskers do, during her time there

i think that is and will become more and more obvious to any local kids

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                                i agree with your thinnking mr hoops and i think the jacks are VERY close to pulling that off. i cannot recall the list someone posted for her but i believe it included oregon and stanford. those are a couple of the maybe dozen or so schools that can really say they are better than the jacks and usd on a regular basis

the only local school that wins and has tournament potential that is ANYWHERE close to us and usd is u of iowa. for instance in terms of basketball, and having your hard work pay off with winning games and having the chance to win games in ncaa tourney, i do not think there is ANY reasonable argument that alexis markowski did not make a GIANT mistake in changing her commit from the jacks to the huskers.

maybe she wants to go to the school in her home town. maybe she wanted the big 10 experience. we could think of more of those type reasons but it is a lockdown guarantee the jacks win WAY more games and go to more ncaa tourney and win more tourney games than the huskers do, during her time there

i think that is and will become more and more obvious to any local kids
                                Your're right, but a lot of times kids don't make rational decisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X