This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rushmore bball View Post

Pull the reins back some here. Markowski is the real deal. She is very talented and will come in and pay big dividends early. I feel she is better than a certain starter right now. Timmer and Meyer are both very good and will be big additions.

On the SD Attack 15s, two possible three girls are D1 quality. Shalayne Nagel if she develops (jump shot), Addison Klosterbuer (needs physical defending) and Emilee Fox (will be). SDSU isnt offering 5-11 girls at power forward. They have shown they are going 5-10 and above at the guard level alone. Wadsworth, yost, and vanderwerff will project as D2 players on sizeosition ratios. The rest have tons of work to do. SDSU has shown they are offering limited SD kids, no matter the talent. As we interview more kids all the time, we are starting to see that and being told that. They have one SD offer in 2022 (Ronsiek) with numerous scholarships. The shelsta girl is not good enough for D1. Numerous 6-5 girls at Des Moines this week and she just doesnt fit that level. I know this is a SDSU board and as much as I would like to see my Alma Mater succeed, the proof is in the pudding. Some of the top instate talent has been going elsewhere including Morgan Hansen(#2 2020), Emma Ronsiek (#1 2020), Lexie Unruh(#2 2021), Sydni Schetnan (#1 2021) Bella Swedlund(#1 2022) and maybe more. They do have some offers out on some really good out of state players including Lilly Krahn, Brooklyn Meyer, Donarski Meister etc all off the top of my head. I dont see those kids committing to SDSU though. I have a great story on an instate recruit but its not time to tell it. My source says its not a positive how things are being handled.
    Just wanted to highlight that Brooklyn Meyer is coming to State, I think AJ's recruiting will be fine even if you don't agree.

Comment

• AJ has got a lot of respect amongst a lot of the top P-5 coaches in the basketball world, you can tell from how they speak about the Program and about him. That helps so much in recruiting top talent in the area, he lets them all know about SDSU and is all about recruiting players that are willing to be coached into a group that brings out the best in each other. I see development in just about all his players from yr 1 and on. He's not afraid to teach and develop players so that the team can be the best it can be too. Welcome to Brooklyn on joining the jackrabbit family. Two Meyers are better than one! Can't wait until the season gets going in earnest this Nov. Go Jacks!!

Comment

• Wow, Meyer is another highly touted recruit! SDSU was her first offer in 2018 before receiving offers from NDSU, Drake, USD, Iowa, Nebraska, Iowa State, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. As a sophomore, Brooklyn averaged 16.6 PPG, 11.9 RPG, 5.4 BPG, and 2.3 APG.

Comment

• https://wbbblog.com/brooklyn-meyer/

Comment

• Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Just wanted to highlight that Brooklyn Meyer is coming to State, I think AJ's recruiting will be fine even if you don't agree.
            No where in that did I state his recruiting isnt. No where. Go back to the original topic. It was how things (SD Attack 2023) were loaded with D1 talent. The topic was SD kids leaving the state. Meyer is a Iowa Kid. She is a very big recruit. Its a great get for SDSU. It actually was surprising after talking to her this summer. Wish her well. She will be a top 100 recruit.

If you think letting SD kids go elsewhere who are being recruited by numerous D1 schools out of the state or not even recruiting them is ok, that is your opinion. I think it's playing with fire. It's not every SD kids dream to stay in SD anymore. That has been taken for granted. They don't "owe" SDSU because they are SD kids. Meyer will be a good player at SDSU. Most likely she will be an all conference and 3-4 year starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
              Wow, Meyer is another highly touted recruit! SDSU was her first offer in 2018 before receiving offers from NDSU, Drake, USD, Iowa, Nebraska, Iowa State, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. As a sophomore, Brooklyn averaged 16.6 PPG, 11.9 RPG, 5.4 BPG, and 2.3 APG.
              You're definitely doing something right when a recruit choses you over the rest of that list (well, except NDSU...). Impressive. Three of those P5 offers came this summer validating what the SDSU staff saw in her way back in 2018. Now to keep her on the hook until signing day!

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
                In Des Moines, Nebraska Lasers (Alexis Markowski) went 2-4 in session 3 of TOC Red division (toughest group) - player injured or missing? Paige Meyer continues to get Twitter praise from various media. Haleigh Timmer plays in MSP-tournaments the next three weeks - Recruit Class of 2021 has great potential.

SD Attack 15u (2023's) should get Jacks' interest, with SIX talents at 5'11" or taller: Gracie Traphagen (Groton), Kami Wadsworth (Hamlin). Maddie Horn (Castlewood), Shayleen Nagel (Avon), Addison Klosterbuer (Central Lyon IA) and Emma Yost (Parkston). Point guards are awesome: Emily Fox (Mt Vernon), Remington Price (Pierre), Jessy VandeWerff (Gregory) and Addy Fawcett (SF Lincoln) - Here is a salute to SD towns which produce such intensely driven players wanting to get better/faster/stronger.

SD Attack 14u (2024's) won TOC's championship game 41-40, victorious in all eight games. Roster at: https://www.averasportsteams.org/gir...erstournaments
                That 8th grader from OG has very impressive highlights already for an 8th grader, Mahli Abdouch, at 5'6" , if she can add at least an inch or two, she should be one to keep an eye on

Comment

• AJ with “it’s a great day to be a jackrabbit” tweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    AJ with “it’s a great day to be a jackrabbit” tweet.
                    any disclosure on who it is yet?

Comment

• It will be interesting to see how Alexis Markowski works out at Nebraska. She was not the protoypical and athletic post player we have had in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

It was 5 days before Brooklyn confirmed her commitment, so I figured it'd be at least that long if not longer before our new "mystery Jack" reveals her identity to eager fans wondering...."lets see who's hiding behind door #2" ....is it........?? I have no fears though, because everyone the Jacks offer seems to be a stellar basketball player, the coaching staff sees to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

Ellie Colbeck, 2022 from Fergus Falls, MN. 5'9" G.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Ellie Colbeck, 2022 from Fergus Falls, MN. 5'9" G.
                            Welcome to Jackrabbit Nation ELLIE ! Here's a highlight VID of her sophomore season, she's a good one, averaged 20.6 points, 4.2 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 2.6 steals per game while shooting 47% from two-point range, 49% from three and 80% at the line.Vid won't upload,sorry ...but here's the link:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1388189...f6b80560664f26
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-14-2020, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• We have 2 seniors this year (Greer and Irwin; Selland was granted a medical hardship). We have 2 corresponding commits Paige Meyer (5'6 PG), and Haleigh Timmer (5'11, SG)

We have 6 juniors on the roster (Selland, Theuninck, Ferrand, Burckhard, Stapleton, Hirschman). At this point we have 2 commits; Brooklin Meyer (6'2 C) and Ellie Colbeck (5'9, G). I'm guessing they'll look to balance this class out with a juco or grad transfer similar to Greer after this senior class graduates. Bringing in 6 true freshmen would be ALOT.
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

• Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                We have 2 seniors this year (Greer and Irwin; Selland was granted a medical hardship). We have 2 corresponding commits Paige Meyer (5'6 PG), and Haleigh Timmer (5'11, SG)

We have 6 juniors on the roster (Selland, Theuninck, Ferrand, Burckhard, Stapleton, Hirschman). At this point we have 2 commits; Brooklin Meyer (6'2 C) and Ellie Colbeck (5'9, G). I'm guessing they'll look to balance this class out with a juco or grad transfer similar to Greer after this senior class graduates. Bringing in 6 true freshmen would be ALOT.
                                If we get (4) commitments for '22 , that'd be 13 players for '22, maybe add a grad transfer if they wanted would bring the roster up to 14 players for 2022. Also add (4) more for '23, that'd make 14 on the roster for 2023. I wonder how that would work? Still too many freshmen for those two freshmen classes for those two seasons , '22 and '23 (4) ?

Comment

Working...
                                X