This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
    Article on Lilly Meister out of Rochester’s John Marshall High. SDSU offered her earlier but now is going up against the likes of Louisville and Oregon along with area Big Ten schools. Always glad to see AJ aiming for the best in the area. Her parents are both SDSU alumni, here’s to hoping she stays closer to home and follows their footsteps.
    https://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...s-keep-growing
    And starting at Center "Big" Kurt Meister. The Meister's usually come back every year for the Jackrabbit Scholarship Auction.

Comment

• Getting Lilly Meister would be quite an accomplishment. A few years ago, the gojacks.com website posted "where are they now" articles about Lilly's parents. I just re-read both articles...good memories. If you're interested in a refresher course on Angie Swenson and Kurt Meister:

Angie Swenson:
      https://gojacks.com/news/2016/2/1/210677888.aspx

Kurt Meister:
      https://gojacks.com/news/2016/1/19/210649121.aspx

Comment

• This begs the question, has there ever been a mother/daughter combo on the 1,000 pt scoring list at SDSU......Maddies mom was a standout player, but played for Augie.

Comment

• sts
          Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          This begs the question, has there ever been a mother/daughter combo on the 1,000 pt scoring list at SDSU......Maddies mom was a standout player, but played for Augie.
          SDSU has been playing women’s basketball since the late-1960’s or early 1970’s so we don’t have that history. With the offers mentioned out there for Lillie Meister. She may make another choice. I don’t know what class the Shelsta lady is part of, but Shelsta is 6’5”, you would hope AJ is paying attention.
          Grampa Lee mentioned her. A woman 6’5” could be project, but based on Grampa Lee, she had one good game.

Comment

• Thanks Nidaros, I thought it was memorable enough if it ever occured, someone might remember it, just forever curious I guess.Agree , Shelsta would be a major get, maybe one of AJ's best ever if she's as good as they say, gotta believe AJ is well aware of her.

Comment

• In Des Moines, Nebraska Lasers (Alexis Markowski) went 2-4 in session 3 of TOC Red division (toughest group) - player injured or missing? Paige Meyer continues to get Twitter praise from various media. Haleigh Timmer plays in MSP-tournaments the next three weeks - Recruit Class of 2021 has great potential.

SD Attack 15u (2023's) should get Jacks' interest, with SIX talents at 5'11" or taller: Gracie Traphagen (Groton), Kami Wadsworth (Hamlin). Maddie Horn (Castlewood), Shayleen Nagel (Avon), Addison Klosterbuer (Central Lyon IA) and Emma Yost (Parkston). Point guards are awesome: Emily Fox (Mt Vernon), Remington Price (Pierre), Jessy VandeWerff (Gregory) and Addy Fawcett (SF Lincoln) - Here is a salute to SD towns which produce such intensely driven players wanting to get better/faster/stronger.

SD Attack 14u (2024's) won TOC's championship game 41-40, victorious in all eight games. Roster at: https://www.averasportsteams.org/gir...erstournaments
              Last edited by GrandpaLee; 07-26-2020, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
                In Des Moines, Nebraska Lasers (Alexis Markowski) went 2-4 in session 3 of TOC Red division (toughest group) - player injured or missing? Paige Meyer continues to get Twitter praise from various media. Haleigh Timmer plays in MSP-tournaments the next three weeks - Recruit Class of 2021 has great potential.

SD Attack 15u (2023's) should get Jacks' interest, with SIX talents at 5'11" or taller: Gracie Traphagen (Groton), Kami Wadsworth (Hamlin). Maddie Horn (Castlewood), Shayleen Nagel (Avon), Addison Klosterbuer (Central Lyon IA) and Emma Yost (Parkston). Point guards are awesome: Emily Fox (Mt Vernon), Remington Price (Pierre), Jessy VandeWerff (Gregory) and Addy Fawcett (SF Lincoln) - Here is a salute to SD towns which produce such intensely driven players wanting to get better/faster/stronger.

SD Attack 14u (2024's) won TOC's championship game 41-40, victorious in all eight games. Roster at: https://www.averasportsteams.org/gir...erstournaments
                Pull the reins back some here. Markowski is the real deal. She is very talented and will come in and pay big dividends early. I feel she is better than a certain starter right now. Timmer and Meyer are both very good and will be big additions.

On the SD Attack 15s, two possible three girls are D1 quality. Shalayne Nagel if she develops (jump shot), Addison Klosterbuer (needs physical defending) and Emilee Fox (will be). SDSU isnt offering 5-11 girls at power forward. They have shown they are going 5-10 and above at the guard level alone. Wadsworth, yost, and vanderwerff will project as D2 players on sizeosition ratios. The rest have tons of work to do. SDSU has shown they are offering limited SD kids, no matter the talent. As we interview more kids all the time, we are starting to see that and being told that. They have one SD offer in 2022 (Ronsiek) with numerous scholarships. The shelsta girl is not good enough for D1. Numerous 6-5 girls at Des Moines this week and she just doesnt fit that level. I know this is a SDSU board and as much as I would like to see my Alma Mater succeed, the proof is in the pudding. Some of the top instate talent has been going elsewhere including Morgan Hansen(#2 2020), Emma Ronsiek (#1 2020), Lexie Unruh(#2 2021), Sydni Schetnan (#1 2021) Bella Swedlund(#1 2022) and maybe more. They do have some offers out on some really good out of state players including Lilly Krahn, Brooklyn Meyer, Donarski Meister etc all off the top of my head. I dont see those kids committing to SDSU though. I have a great story on an instate recruit but its not time to tell it. My source says its not a positive how things are being handled.

Comment

• Originally posted by rushmore bball View Post

On the SD Attack 15s, two possible three girls are D1 quality. Shalayne Nagel if she develops (jump shot), Addison Klosterbuer (needs physical defending) and Emilee Fox (will be). SDSU isnt offering 5-11 girls at power forward. They have shown they are going 5-10 and above at the guard level alone. Wadsworth, yost, and vanderwerff will project as D2 players on sizeosition ratios. The rest have tons of work to do. SDSU has shown they are offering limited SD kids, no matter the talent. As we interview more kids all the time, we are starting to see that and being told that. They have one SD offer in 2022 (Ronsiek) with numerous scholarships. The shelsta girl is not good enough for D1. Numerous 6-5 girls at Des Moines this week and she just doesnt fit that level. I know this is a SDSU board and as much as I would like to see my Alma Mater succeed, the proof is in the pudding. Some of the top instate talent has been going elsewhere including Morgan Hansen(#2 2020), Emma Ronsiek (#1 2020), Lexie Unruh(#2 2021), Sydni Schetnan (#1 2021) Bella Swedlund(#1 2022) and maybe more. They do have some offers out on some really good out of state players including Lilly Krahn, Brooklyn Meyer, Donarski Meister etc all off the top of my head. I dont see those kids committing to SDSU though. I have a great story on an instate recruit but its not time to tell it. My source says its not a positive how things are being handled.
                  I would have to agree with all of this. 6-5 is certainly intriguing size, but Shelsta would be a major project much like Megan Bultsma. In my opinion, she doesn't really fit the AJ system either. I've seen Klosterbauer play and she looks like a D1 player, just needs to be more consistent, which should come with age. I've mentioned Swedlund needs to be a priority, but it seems likely she'll end up elsewhere after recently picking up a Colorado State offer.

Seems like SDSU has been recruiting mostly guards lately after a few years of focusing on athletic forwards with size.

Comment

• Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post

I would have to agree with all of this. 6-5 is certainly intriguing size, but Shelsta would be a major project much like Megan Bultsma. In my opinion, she doesn't really fit the AJ system either. I've seen Klosterbauer play and she looks like a D1 player, just needs to be more consistent, which should come with age. I've mentioned Swedlund needs to be a priority, but it seems likely she'll end up elsewhere after recently picking up a Colorado State offer.

Seems like SDSU has been recruiting mostly guards lately after a few years of focusing on athletic forwards with size.
                    We are hearing Swedlund will add to her 6 offers by a lot here in the next few weeks. I called someone down there I know and they said she is talking with over 40 schools and some of them are big. Ronsiek also will be adding some as yesterday was a Colorado St offer already. Klosterbauer is a great offensive player, but really struggles to defend right now. That can be changed though with time. We will have full write ups this week on TOC in Des Moines.

Comment

We are hearing Swedlund will add to her 6 offers by a lot here in the next few weeks. I called someone down there I know and they said she is talking with over 40 schools and some of them are big. Ronsiek also will be adding some as yesterday was a Colorado St offer already. Klosterbauer is a great offensive player, but really struggles to defend right now. That can be changed though with time. We will have full write ups this week on TOC in Des Moines.
                      I laugh at the Colorado St offers being considered so far above SDSU (do you actually consider them big time?). They are a mediocre MWC team. Williams might have had better teams if he stayed at USD.

I love Ft. Collins and work with CSU a lot at work. Great school with a so-so athletic dept.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZjack View Post

I laugh at the Colorado St offers being considered so far above SDSU (do you actually consider them big time?). They are a mediocre MWC team. Williams might have had better teams if he stayed at USD.

I love Ft. Collins and work with CSU a lot at work. Great school with a so-so athletic dept.
                        no one said they were above. i dont see SDSU offering up offers to some. If you think Bella swedlund or Hannah Ronsiek cant play ball cause colorado st is mediocre you are wrong. Both will most likely end up at power 5 conferences. OH i know sdsu is so much better than most power 5. Thats the argument but the stats dont lie. Were is the key. Now we are not. How long will we ride possibly the greatest player in history (Macy Miller) and the possible best three point sniper in SDSU history (Guebert)?
                        Coach Plitz is working circles around us right now and will next year also. The summit league championship was not normal, it was a fluke. We play in a conference that barely gets two teams with winning records and the rest get curb stomped. The summit is horrid in girls basketball minus two teams. Believe it or not, take off the blue and gold glasses because most recruits around the midwest don't feel sdsu is a big time offer either. Keep on laughing, 1% of kids play D1. Does it matter where? Its about fit and personal feel. St Thomas is going to be competitive in a matter of time. They are also going to take back some of those recruits that have been poached from the cities. Talking about so-so athletic dept, we cant even sell half a stadium in a football game. I laugh about that. That maybe less than so-so. rock-glass house

Comment

no one said they were above. i dont see SDSU offering up offers to some. If you think Bella swedlund or Hannah Ronsiek cant play ball cause colorado st is mediocre you are wrong. Both will most likely end up at power 5 conferences. OH i know sdsu is so much better than most power 5. Thats the argument but the stats dont lie. Were is the key. Now we are not. How long will we ride possibly the greatest player in history (Macy Miller) and the possible best three point sniper in SDSU history (Guebert)?
                          Coach Plitz is working circles around us right now and will next year also. The summit league championship was not normal, it was a fluke. We play in a conference that barely gets two teams with winning records and the rest get curb stomped. The summit is horrid in girls basketball minus two teams. Believe it or not, take off the blue and gold glasses because most recruits around the midwest don't feel sdsu is a big time offer either. Keep on laughing, 1% of kids play D1. Does it matter where? Its about fit and personal feel. St Thomas is going to be competitive in a matter of time. They are also going to take back some of those recruits that have been poached from the cities. Talking about so-so athletic dept, we cant even sell half a stadium in a football game. I laugh about that. That maybe less than so-so. rock-glass house
                          Must have taken your post the wrong way, seemed to me you were implying CSU was a big offer. It's not. Everyone knows SDSU is mid-major, seemed to my you implied that CSU was high-major. They are not.

My post was about CSU, not SDSU. I agree on most of what you said regarding the Jacks athletic dept.

SDSU is closer to CSU for WBB prestige than CSU is to a P5 school was my main point.

Comment

No, I wouldn't consider CSU WBB to be better than SDSU. I don't consider them a threat at all, however, with the CSU and Illinois offers, I just think it's an indication of even bigger offers coming in the future.

Comment

Must have taken your post the wrong way, seemed to me you were implying CSU was a big offer. It's not. Everyone knows SDSU is mid-major, seemed to my you implied that CSU was high-major. They are not.

My post was about CSU, not SDSU. I agree on most of what you said regarding the Jacks athletic dept.

SDSU is closer to CSU for WBB prestige than CSU is to a P5 school was my main point.
                              All good. I would say sdsu is better right now. No way csu is a p5. I just see too much put into sdsu being holier than holy. They are a very good mid major. No doubt. But looking into the recruiting things and the SD kids I get to see, we are lacking. If a guard from SD is just as good as a guard from Wisconsin, who are you offering? We are hearing from recruits saying its expected to come there if your from SD. Failing to recruit them hard because we expect them to want be Jacks is not going to work in the social media era. Maybe I got a little to ruffled. Sorry, didnt mean to come out that way.

Comment

All good. I would say sdsu is better right now. No way csu is a p5. I just see too much put into sdsu being holier than holy. They are a very good mid major. No doubt. But looking into the recruiting things and the SD kids I get to see, we are lacking. If a guard from SD is just as good as a guard from Wisconsin, who are you offering? We are hearing from recruits saying its expected to come there if your from SD. Failing to recruit them hard because we expect them to want be Jacks is not going to work in the social media era. Maybe I got a little to ruffled. Sorry, didnt mean to come out that way.
                                My bad as well. I don't know the scene, but agree 100% that a local player should get the nod things being even. Helps with fan involvement tremendously.

If the SDSU staff isn't pursuing SD or other local kids as hard as needed than that needs to change. They need to snag a Meister, Swedlund or Ronsiek type to keep up with the Jones (USD, Creighton and Drake).

Honestly hope the winter sports get to have a season. I do think with losing Duffy/Frederik and Selland back, the U/SDSU games will be closer affairs next year.
                                Last edited by AZjack; 07-27-2020, 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X