This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Rosters

Riley Cascio Jensen just announced her commitment to SDSU on Twitter.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

http://www.omaha.com/sports/former-h...9aabbff49.html

"I wanted to find a program that was closer to home — at the same time one where I felt we could win quickly."

It looks like it was between UNO and SDSU. USD must not have had any scholarships available.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

"I wanted to find a program that was closer to home — at the same time one where I felt we could win quickly."

It looks like it was between UNO and SDSU. USD must not have had any scholarships available.
          Duffy was just granted a 6th year medical waiver at USD. Not sure if that mattered at all in this situation.

Comment

"I just feel like they have a winning culture with an experienced staff, and I related to the girls on the team there really well," Cascio Jensen said. "It just seemed like the best option for me."

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Great news,we continue to recruit great players.Welcome Rylie Cascio Jensen.

Comment

"Cascio Jensen appeared in all 29 games for the Huskers this past season as a freshman, averaging 12.6 minutes per game and 2.3 points per game. Since she was a walk-on at Nebraska, she will be immediately eligible at South Dakota State and have three years remaining."

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                  "Cascio Jensen appeared in all 29 games for the Huskers this past season as a freshman, averaging 12.6 minutes per game and 2.3 points per game. Since she was a walk-on at Nebraska, she will be immediately eligible at South Dakota State and have three years remaining."
                  Wow! I didn't realize that. I wish we were stronger at the five, be we are loaded 1-4.
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    Wow! I didn't realize that. I wish we were stronger at the five, be we are loaded 1-4.
                    This, we could have used a post player rather than another 5'10 guard.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      This, we could have used a post player rather than another 5'10 guard.
                      2018 Hirschmann and Ferrand will add to the post players. Burckhard should add to the 4 spot next year as well. Meanwhile we can hope Bultsma moves forward to help Thompson, Larson, Stevens, Flaata, and Selland.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                        Not sure where the quote came from...but wondering if the last part about being immediately eligible is accurate. I did not think a distinction was made for a player who was a walkon. I'll take a look at the NCAA rules.

Here's a link to the NCAA transfer rules: http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes.../want-transfer On that webpage, one can download (its a pdf) the four-year transfer guide.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          2018 Hirschmann and Ferrand will add to the post players. Burckhard should add to the 4 spot next year as well. Meanwhile we can hope Bultsma moves forward to help Thompson, Larson, Stevens, Flaata, and Selland.
                          Bultsma and Flatta are the only true 5's on that list and I guess I haven't been inspired by the play of either. Granted Bultsma was only a freshmen last year. She certainly has lots of potential. At this point Flaata is who she is and I don't think it's realistic to expect drastic improvement but instead hopefully we can get some contribution when needed.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Not sure where the quote came from...but wondering if the last part about being immediately eligible is accurate. I did not think a distinction was made for a player who was a walkon. I'll take a look at the NCAA rules.

Here's a link to the NCAA transfer rules: http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes.../want-transfer On that webpage, one can download (its a pdf) the four-year transfer guide.
                            If she never attended USD and was only actively recruited by USD and then walked-on without recruitment or scholarship at NU my assumption is that they are referencing the 3rd bullet point in this part of the transfer rules:

You may be able to compete immediately if you meet ANY of the following conditions:
                            •Your sport is no longer sponsored at the school from which you are transferring.
                            •You return to your first school without participating at the second school.
                            •You were not considered recruited or receiving athletic scholarship by your first four-year school you are transferring away from.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You may be able to compete immediately if you meet ANY of the following conditions:"You were not considered recruited or receiving athletic scholarship by your first four-year school you are transferring away from."
                              This may be the condition krak-r-jacks was basing his statement. I am not certain if the following "You may be able to compete immediately after transferring if you meet ALL the following conditions:" "You will play a sport other than Division I baseball, basketball, football or men’s ice hockey at the second four-year school you plan to attend." would stop the discussion of recruiting or walk-on status exclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                I can't help but wonder if Stevens will be able to help down low at the 5. Sure she will give up 2-3" in height but no one is going to be able to shove her around under the basket. We may not be very tall at the 5 but overall team height and length is there.

Comment

Working...
                                X