This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Rosters

JackMD and OlHare (and krackrjack) may be correct. I've been scanning through the 20-page NCAA guide......I think I prefer to return to my desk and read through 20 pages of state statutes.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Bultsma and Flatta are the only true 5's on that list and I guess I haven't been inspired by the play of either. Granted Bultsma was only a freshmen last year. She certainly has lots of potential. At this point Flaata is who she is and I don't think it's realistic to expect drastic improvement but instead hopefully we can get some contribution when needed.
      I anticipate Larson and Thompson to fill the 4 and 5 starter spots. Stevens could play 3 & 4 as well. Selland is an unknown for where she might land 2-4. Bultsma and Flaata will need to contribute, but the roster is not too thin at 4 & 5.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Not sure where the quote came from...but wondering if the last part about being immediately eligible is accurate. I did not think a distinction was made for a player who was a walkon. I'll take a look at the NCAA rules. ...
        I believe that quote came from the Lincoln Journal-Star.
        This space for lease.

Comment

I remember watching Jensen during her junior year. Fremont had been playing for much of the year with out Jessica Sheppard, and they were still one of the better teams in the state because of Jensen.

In a district final game played in Kearney, she was the dominant player of the game. They lost, because they didn't have as much depth of stars. Kearney had Skyler Snider who was a part time starter as a true freshman for Seton Hall this year. They also had Brianna Miller who plays for the University of Nebraska, Kearney and Kelsey Stithem who now plays soccer for UNO. Stithem was considered one of Nebraska's premier on-ball defenders in basketball her senior year. Jensen scored 28 of her team's 44 points that night while being hounded by one of the best defenders in Nebraska.

She can penetrate and is an excellent shooter. She understands the game, largely from her dad's influence. Her dad was a former coach at Bellevue East. I think AJ got some excellent depth for the perimeter!

Comment

If my memory is correct, Jensen committed and signed with USD, and then asked for and received her release when Williams left for Lincoln.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              I believe that quote came from the Lincoln Journal-Star.
              apologies i didn't add where the quote came from-------correct, LJS online article this morning.

was a little surprised when i read this.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                apologies i didn't add where the quote came from-------correct, LJS online article this morning.

was a little surprised when i read this.
                http://journalstar.com/sports/husker...ecdf39c5a.html
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Cash ee o Jensen is official for immediate play.

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2017/5/1...io-jensen.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    Cash ee o Jensen is official for immediate play.

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2017/5/1...io-jensen.aspx
                    Cash me outside howbow dah! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrtSOTGNqA8

Comment

• Re: Future Rosters

The Jacks will be fully loaded next season. What a great class of incoming recruits and redshirts who are becoming eligible. Competition for playing time will be fierce.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Adding another guard that can play the point will allow Macy to ease back in and gradually build her minutes up, if that is needed. Even though her rehab sounds like it is going well, she didn't have the surgery until late December, and it often takes a year to get back to full strength.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          Cash'n in with more great recruits!! Ka_ching

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            If I never have to see this girl again in my life I will die happy. So annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
                              If I never have to see this girl again in my life I will die happy. So annoying.
                              Before I looked at what this post was replying to, I assumed it was referring to the picture of Amy Williams that was on another post.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Adding another guard that can play the point will allow Macy to ease back in and gradually build her minutes up, if that is needed. Even though her rehab sounds like it is going well, she didn't have the surgery until late December, and it often takes a year to get back to full strength.
                                I know that you can't have too many good players and I think Jensen will be a really good player but Lexi played about 30 minutes/game after Macy got injured so I think we should be OK at this position. This will keep Maddy at shooting guard (if need be) if Macy isn't fully ready early in the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X