X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Rosters

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    If Graettinger stays at SDSU and does not play basketball, her scholarship would become available, correct ?
    It would seem likely that if she is not on the team, the scholarship would be open. She was also a team mate in Muscatine with WIU POY Emily Clemens. She would need to drop to D2 for 3 years of play or transfer to D1 for 2 years as she has had an injury redshirt year. It is too bad she had the injury bug here.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      If Graettinger stays at SDSU and does not play basketball, her scholarship would become available, correct ?
      This is correct - it would be available if she is no longer on the roster.

Comment

The coach indicated that he prefers to operate with 14 scholarships, which is one below the maximum of 15. If the Jacks hadn't had an open scholarship, the team might not have had the flexibility to land transfer Tagyn Larson, for example. Maintaining flexibility with an open scholarship can come in handy in dealing with unexpected injuries, too. Macy Miller, for example, is expected to get an extra year.
        This space for lease.

Comment

There are 13 on the roster for 2017-18 which includes Chynna who was a walk on.
          http://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I'm guessing that Chynna will be on scholarship again next school year. There will be four seniors on the roster this coming year, and at least five commits coming in the following year. That would bring the future scholarship commitments up to 14. Meanwhile, with the current, 13-player roster, as OldHare notes, it looks like there's some wiggle room for next season.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              I'm guessing that Chynna will be on scholarship again next school year. There will be four seniors on the roster this coming year, and at least five commits coming in the following year. That would bring the future scholarship commitments up to 14. Meanwhile, with the current, 13-player roster, as OldHare notes, it looks like there's some wiggle room for next season.
              How about some good old fashioned 5th year transfers who want to win? Scorers.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                How about some good old fashioned 5th year transfers who want to win? Scorers.....
                Maybe UConn grad transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  Maybe UConn grad transfer.
                  Even salty seniors from the Summit League..

Comment

Macy got another year of eligibility

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2017/4/2...year-back.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post

And there was much rejoicing.
                      Rollin' in my 5.0
                      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                        And there was much rejoicing.
                        No kidding - it's good to have the official word. The WBB Twitter page had a photo of her on the court with no knee brace a couple days ago. It looked like a casual dribbling drill, but that's a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post

The article indicates the Summit League granted the additional year. I would have expected the authority was the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            The article indicates the Summit League granted the additional year. I would have expected the authority was the NCAA.
                            Per 12.8.4.2 (pg. 77), member conferences administer the medical hardship waivers. Discussion of waiver specifics could get confusing when comparing Macy's situation with one like Seekamp's, which was reportedly approved by the NCAA; however, I believe the latter was subject to Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement review.

Comment

Graettinger transferring to W. Illinois. Don't see transfers within conference very often...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I wonder if they were recruiting her out of high school. They have to be evaluating her from high school tapes and scouting reports, as there is basically no film available from her time with the Jacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X