12 SDSU Vs 5 Miami, Stanford Ca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 SDSU Vs 5 Miami, Stanford Ca

Time to get this started on the Women's side.

Re: 12 SDSU Vs 5 Miami, Stanford Ca

Looking at their roster and season statistics, these two teams are very similar. On paper it appears to be a good match up.

Comment

Kim Mulkey makes me wanna PUKE!

Comment

I feel like they have a legit shot at pulling off this game. Previous years it always felt like they were huge underdogs.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          I feel like they have a legit shot at pulling off this game. Previous years it always felt like they were huge underdogs.
          I will go so far as to say that I will not be one bit surprised if we win this game. This is the kind of P5 team that we have beat numerous times over the years. It looks like we matchup well with them and Palo Alto is about as far away from Miami as it could get.
          Again...I will be twice as shocked if we lose this game than if we win...there isn't another 12-5 that would set up better for us IMO!!

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Just watched ENPN3 Fla vs Miami,reminded me a lot of USD vs SDSU,every pass contested ,lots of to's ,deflections,some good shots mixed in but mostly hustle play with a very stingy defense on both sides.There was even the "hard to beat a good team three times" reference as Miami lost twice earlier to Florida,the two being big rivals.

In the ND vs Miami,they were again scrappy,which seems to be their playing style,can shoot when they are hot,started the ND game with five 3's.Nd is just so consistent,it forces teams to be just as efficient ,or fall to the wayside.I'd say Miami's biggest strength is the energy and scrappiness they play with,always jabbing at the ball and tipping passes ,and with their quickness,they are able to run them down.Just their overall ability to disrupt their opponents offensive rhythm.The traps are set very good, and they like to create mayhem and hope to cause to's by forcing bad passes.Quick,fast guards.The post Hof,an overseas recruit is pretty good,comparable to Ober and Thompson.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              Kim Mulkey makes me wanna PUKE!
              Plan on heading to Sioux Falls on the 25th. Baylor is more than likely going to be there. Time for Jackrabbit Nation to show up and root against her.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                Plan on heading to Sioux Falls on the 25th. Baylor is more than likely going to be there. Time for Jackrabbit Nation to show up and root against her.
                Baylor is in the Dallas region...
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Sports Illustrated has San Diego State matched up against Miami.
                  http://www.si.com/college-basketball...ens-tournament

As much as it pains me to say it, the real SDSU needs to win a couple of games to help with name recognition and for the greater good of the Summit League. Go Rabbits #NoAirQuotes
                  USD Fan

Comment

5dimes has SDSU as a 7.5 point underdog. RealtimeRPI predicts us losing by 10.

Comment

Saw interview with the coach and when asked about us she said "I believe they played Marquette..." So obviously she knows nothing about us...

But did acknowledge we are very good and known as a "giant killer."

Comment

probably the less they know about us the better.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                          Saw interview with the coach and when asked about us she said "I believe they played Marquette..." So obviously she knows nothing about us...

Those who like Williams and Mulkey should know that coach Meier has been described like, " has been known to become quite animated" on the sideline ,by the play-by-play commentator for the vid I watched anyway...........Maybe this looks familiar......Link:
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-15-2016, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

He was a Jack after all......the "giant killer" of story book fame.

If she's a good coach,come tip off time , she'll know what each player likes for breakfast I suspect,she'll know much more than she's putting on right now.
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-15-2016, 01:55 PM.

Comment

I'm just glad that Miami doesn't a have a 6'6 post like usual P5 teams have. Hamlin killed the Jacks last year at Oregon State and was a huge reason why they won. If the Ober and Thompson can get going down low and Guerbert has her usual shooting days, I like SDSU chances. SDSU's defense is good enough to keep any game close and within reach. All they need is to make timely shots like they did in the SLT Championship game.

Comment

Working...
                              X