Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12 SDSU Vs 5 Miami, Stanford Ca

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
    I'm aware of those other ones too. Suggesting that Miami might accidentally be prepping for San Diego State made me laugh though
    Reading comprehension is pretty tough isn't it?

Hope the WNIT treats the Yotes well. Seekamp deserves a deep post-season run.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      Reading comprehension is pretty tough isn't it?

Hope the WNIT treats the Yotes well. Seekamp deserves a deep post-season run.
      Reading comprehension?

Comment

We are going to smoke the Miami Redhawks on saturday!
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
          Reading comprehension?
          I believe he was referring to the ability to read something and comprehend the fact that it was said in jest.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            I believe he was referring to the ability to read something and comprehend the fact that it was said in jest.
            Ugh. Defending a Coyote pains me deeply, but I interpreted FeaRed's comment about BTownJack's comment as sincere, as in he was literally laughing at the comment, not mocking it.

Emojis may be needed in order to keep true feeling from getting misinterpreted
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

FWIW President Obama picked the Jacks to win.

Obama has two 12th-seeded teams to advance past the first round -- Albany over Florida and South Dakota State over Miami.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...kies-win-title

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                We are going to smoke the Miami Redhawks on saturday!
                cool the school songs are the same melody. more confusion.

Comment

Graham Hayes has a little preview of the SDSU vs Miami game:

Best first-round game

(5) Miami vs. (12) South Dakota State (ESPN2/WatchESPN, 6:30 p.m. ET Saturday): The selection committee obviously didn't think all that much of the Summit League, snubbing regular-season champion South Dakota after it lost in the conference tournament and slotting South Dakota State as a No. 12 seed. But quality at the top of that league was weighed down by the teams at the bottom. The best evidence of that is the team Miami finds itself opposite on a neutral court in California.

None of the other No. 12 seeds own a win as impressive as South Dakota State's victory over DePaul in December. And while Chattanooga might argue this point, none of those No. 12 seeds have losses as good as South Dakota State's at home against Notre Dame and on a neutral court against Maryland. For that matter, Miami has a conference tournament win against Florida State, a regular-season win against Indiana, and competitive losses against ACC teams seeded ahead of it, but its résumé isn't all that much gaudier.

After a lull in the Summit regular season, South Dakota State star Macy Miller was excellent and efficient in the conference tournament. On the opposite side, Miami's Adrienne Motley, who was brilliant in a first-round NCAA win against Washington a season ago, saw her production tail off late this season. Which star looks more the part in Palo Alto? -- Graham Hays

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...eel-right-home

Comment

I see in the pre-game interviews,there was mention Link: by Miami's coach which team the Jacks most reminded her of,and she mentioned the Netherlands National Team.That kind of jogged my memory a little of a similar comment made by a coach of a team we convincingly beat in the 2008-2009 season,I believe it was a comment that went something like "SDSU plays a style of basketball very similar to a European style ",she went on to elaborate a little further,but I just vaguely remember her saying that,I think it may have been the coach of the Oregon Ducks,whom we played at Frost Arena.I wonder if anyone else recalls that comment being made?

That 2008-2009 team was probably the most explosive team the Jackrabbits ever put on a basketball court.In the afore mentioned game against Oregon Link:,it was tit- for- tat,back and forth for awhile,kind of lulled you to sleep,then all of a sudden,in a very short time period, I looked over to the scoreboard and we were like 20 points ahead. The Oregon women's coach called a TO ,to re-group I think.That team had a lot of really good shooters,and good inside play both,one of the most versatile and dangerous teams we ever assembled and put into a Jackrabbit uniform.Here's hoping coach Meier's comment turns out to be a good Omen of things to come.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-19-2016, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Mick Garry is providing coverage for the Argus and has a few photos/videos as well as an article today. I find it kind of interesting that Tonia Wade does not appear to have made the trip. It's probably nothing but we had seats behind the SDSU bench for two of the Summit games and multiple people around us commented about how she did not look too happy to be there.

Quite a matchup today. I expect a very close game as long as the Jacks are shooting well.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        Mick Garry is providing coverage for the Argus and has a few photos/videos as well as an article today. I find it kind of interesting that Tonia Wade does not appear to have made the trip. It's probably nothing but we had seats behind the SDSU bench for two of the Summit games and multiple people around us commented about how she did not look too happy to be there.

Quite a matchup today. I expect a very close game as long as the Jacks are shooting well.

I think I saw a twitter video post of one shoot around session where the team was huddled up doing their rah rah thing and she was in it. Cant find the tweet so don't quote me on it but i think she is there.

Comment

I am not sure I saw Annabelle Graettenger in the California photos either.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The interview with Meier stated that the Miami team played the Netherlands team which spread the floor and played quickly with passes. The big players also were involved on the perimeter as shooters. The reference seemed due to the European tour in August.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              I am not sure I saw Annabelle Graettenger in the California photos either.
                              Do the redshirts/transfers travel with the team during the regular season ? I know not everyone on the men's team travels to every road game. Also, with the NCAA footing the bill for travel, there may be some regulations from their end.

Comment

I suspect that Tonia Wade would much prefer to be playing, not waiting until next year. She wasn't eligible to play this year because of transfer rules. I've heard Coach A.J say she is good enough to start right now. Look for her to push for a starting spot next year.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X