Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12 SDSU Vs 5 Miami, Stanford Ca

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    I'm just glad that Miami doesn't a have a 6'6 post like usual P5 teams have. Hamlin killed the Jacks last year at Oregon State and was a huge reason why they won. If the Ober and Thompson can get going down low and Guerbert has her usual shooting days, I like SDSU chances. SDSU's defense is good enough to keep any game close and within reach. All they need is to make timely shots like they did in the SLT Championship game.
    Me too. It seems like this has been a problem in four or five of our NCAA games. This year we appear to have drawn a more athletic version of USD or Green Bay. If the Jacks play like they did in Sioux Falls, this one definitely has the possibility of being a win.

Comment

I think we have made a mistake. I went to CanesTime.com forum and they have Miami as a 5 seed playing San Diego State.
      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
        I think we have made a mistake. I went to CanesTime.com forum and they have Miami as a 5 seed playing San Diego State.
        Shhh!

They'll never know what hit 'em.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The conference stats for the canes and Jackrabbits look similar on many fronts. The Jackrabbits have 42.6% fg and 33.7% from the arc. Miami shoots 40.7% and 34.6% The Jackrabbits have taken about 100 more shots in the 16 conference games with about 60 extra of those from the arc. Miami has 3 long shooters to watch. They take 77% of the shots. 2 of the starting guards and a freshman reserve guard do the launching. The next 3 pt shooter has less than 20% efficiency. The Jackrabbits have +6.3 rebounds in conference to Miami's -.5. The Jackrabbits are +4.1 rebounds for the season. The Miami defense keeps the ACC opponents to 61 points and 38% shooting. That is the number that the Jackrabbits allowed season long and 36% shooting in conference. Miami had trouble winning on the road against teams with a winning record. They beat Charlotte OOC on the road. They beat Indiana on a neutral floor and Florida State in the ACC tourney. They beat VT on the road but VT had a padded 12-1 OOC record and 5-11 in ACC. Miami finished 5th in the conference behind 4 other top 20 teams. This will not be an easy game playing a Top 20 team. The Jackrabbits should not be intimidated by the Hurricanes. The 6'3" freshman from the Netherlands will likely start at the post. She is backed up sometime sophomore starter who is 6'2". There are 2 juniors and the lone senior who will start at the guards. 6'1" junior forward rounds out the starting lineup. The 3 big gals shoot about 54% down low. They have virtually no 3 point shots from those players. We should expect to see tough defense from both teams. Rebounds and blocks go to the Jackrabbits. Steals go to the Hurricanes. The offensive edge could slightly tip to the Jackrabbits by shooting percentage and number of shots taken. We can hope that the entire team is thinking that one and done is not enough for the desire to win. The neutral floor in California may be a plus for the Jackrabbits too.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Good grief...it's NEVER going to end, is it?
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              Good grief...it's NEVER going to end, is it?
              No not in the foreseeable future. Some of our big sports experts hardily know that there is a state called South Dakota. Besides San Diego is more beachie and surfer territory and real sexy.

Comment

maybe they will be studying that other SDSU and be totally unprepared for us. not likely but one can hope

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  The conference stats for the canes and Jackrabbits look similar on many fronts. The Jackrabbits have 42.6% fg and 33.7% from the arc. Miami shoots 40.7% and 34.6% The Jackrabbits have taken about 100 more shots in the 16 conference games with about 60 extra of those from the arc. Miami has 3 long shooters to watch. They take 77% of the shots. 2 of the starting guards and a freshman reserve guard do the launching. The next 3 pt shooter has less than 20% efficiency. The Jackrabbits have +6.3 rebounds in conference to Miami's -.5. The Jackrabbits are +4.1 rebounds for the season. The Miami defense keeps the ACC opponents to 61 points and 38% shooting. That is the number that the Jackrabbits allowed season long and 36% shooting in conference. Miami had trouble winning on the road against teams with a winning record. They beat Charlotte OOC on the road. They beat Indiana on a neutral floor and Florida State in the ACC tourney. They beat VT on the road but VT had a padded 12-1 OOC record and 5-11 in ACC. Miami finished 5th in the conference behind 4 other top 20 teams. This will not be an easy game playing a Top 20 team. The Jackrabbits should not be intimidated by the Hurricanes. The 6'3" freshman from the Netherlands will likely start at the post. She is backed up sometime sophomore starter who is 6'2". There are 2 juniors and the lone senior who will start at the guards. 6'1" junior forward rounds out the starting lineup. The 3 big gals shoot about 54% down low. They have virtually no 3 point shots from those players. We should expect to see tough defense from both teams. Rebounds and blocks go to the Jackrabbits. Steals go to the Hurricanes. The offensive edge could slightly tip to the Jackrabbits by shooting percentage and number of shots taken. We can hope that the entire team is thinking that one and done is not enough for the desire to win. The neutral floor in California may be a plus for the Jackrabbits too.
                  I'd like to think of Miami as a launching pad,the win we need to get us going full speed ahead,not that we need motivation,just that they are the first team standing in the way.I'd like nothing better than for this team to implant in everyone's mind going forward they are in this tournament to win,not just be satisfied to participate.Nothing wrong with acquiring a little bit of an attitude this time of the year.Get the talking heads talking if you will ,about us,and they will if we win,they'll have no choice.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-15-2016, 10:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

did you go on and CX them?

Comment

They probably think San Diego State is in Palo Alto,California,who knows.All they know is their team is playing someone in California evidently,so SDSU must mean San Diego State.If they start calling us Aztecs,then that's the last straw.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                        Saw interview with the coach and when asked about us she said "I believe they played Marquette..." So obviously she knows nothing about us...

But did acknowledge we are very good and known as a "giant killer."
                        USD played Marquette. Between the USD and San Diego State tape they get they're really going to be in for a surprise when a team in blue shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                          USD played Marquette. Between the USD and San Diego State tape they get they're really going to be in for a surprise when a team in blue shows up.
                          It was one poster on a forum that called you San Diego State. Relax.

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                            It was one poster on a forum that called you San Diego State. Relax.
                            So did Scott Van Pelt on Sportscenter when the men won the SL title: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14932952

And SI.com still has us playing San Diego State: http://www.si.com/college-basketball...ens-tournament

No different than if you guys were called San Diego - the other USD.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              So did Scott Van Pelt on Sportscenter when the men won the SL title: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14932952

And SI.com still has us playing San Diego State: http://www.si.com/college-basketball...ens-tournament

No different than if you guys were called San Diego - the other USD.
                              I'm aware of those other ones too. Suggesting that Miami might accidentally be prepping for San Diego State made me laugh though

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                                I'm aware of those other ones too. Suggesting that Miami might accidentally be prepping for San Diego State made me laugh though
                                Do you really think sfjacksfan99 was serious with that comment?

Comment

Working...
                                X