Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    As jackdaniel said: "pts off TO was 22-13,and fast break points were 10-0 favoring USD."

That's what playing bad looks like.
    Agree - this game bothers me more than the loss yesterday. The men are playing both short-handed and hurt, and they were playing their second game in less than 48 hours and on the road, and just couldn't hit shots. The women had 3 days to get ready for a home game and acted like they had never seen a little pressure defense before. They looked like they were playing not to lose rather than playing to win. Not aggressive on offense at all

Comment

As jackdaniel said: "pts off TO was 22-13,and fast break points were 10-0 favoring USD."

I shouldn't of cherry picked just those two,....true.We won these stats.... ,blocks 10-0, and 2nd chance points 10-7.Surprised we lost the offensive rebound battle,I thought we were leading that at one point pretty good.They had a tremendous 2nd half effort against us,but we weren't just standing around idle either.Yes,we can play better.We are not invincible,we have to play good in the Summit too,to get wins,no ones going to hand them to you.

Comment

Originally posted by JackAttack44 View Post
        I'm not getting pulled into a pissing match here. I'll state it in simple terms...your team should have been called for more fouls. Congrats on the win and have a good day.
        Wasn't trying to start anything. Personally, I'd rather see a physical game by both teams, not the "tap on the wrist and shoot free throws the entire second half" kind of game that we've had the past few years. It was another great game between two great teams. I'm sure the game in Vermillion (and Sioux Falls) will be the same.

Comment

Time tends to put things in perspective. I was a little thin-skinned in my responses. I apologize for coming off that way; it's why I don't post very much . Again, congrats on the win. A road win like this is likely to be big come seeding time.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Mistake by the d on that three from Seekamp. Either Guebert goes over the screen or the other defender needs to step out. Cant give such a wide open look.
            Or we need to see the screen coming a lot quicker,and ruin any chance of it working properly ,step out farther or something,any little unplanned action departing from the norm can disrupt a play from working properly.It has to be (1)sniffed out by the player before it happens (2) the coaching staff has to be OK with player departing from the norm a little (allow the player a little leeway and not demand strict compliance to a certain regimen of the defense,...(ie...disregard discipline),(kind of risky) (3) other players have to see what they need to adjust to in response to any unplanned action on the part of their team mate.Things like that are completely reactionary and spontaneous by everyone at the same time .That's hard to do.

Comment

Loss at home,likely will be determined to be "a bad loss",no doubt.

Comment

But with four experienced seniors, you can expect these kind of stats. They made things happen.9 Why was the final only five pt. difference? These two stats would suggest a 20 pt. USD win. I think the younger Jacks did something right.

Comment

Brad Newitt kept saying good things about USD. Was that his job?

Comment

I think our worst national statistic is 3 pt FG defense, we rank #325 out of 344 ranked.We play the perimeter pretty soft .Hope we can get better in that area.

http://www.ncaa.org/championships/st...all-statistics
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-17-2016, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                      Wasn't trying to start anything. Personally, I'd rather see a physical game by both teams, not the "tap on the wrist and shoot free throws the entire second half" kind of game that we've had the past few years. It was another great game between two great teams. I'm sure the game in Vermillion (and Sioux Falls) will be the same.
                      Agreed. This was a match up of 2 of the top teams in the conference this year, and the game lived up to its billing. I would expect no less in the matchup in Vermillion and a likely matchup in Sioux Falls. I wish my university would have won, but I will not condemned them for it. On to the next.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Seekamp had an outstanding day. She is the leader for the player of the year award. She is the passer I have seen this year for the women(and maybe men). The Yotes defense was much better than expected and created 19 turnovers. The Jackrabbits had some occasions where they were dribbling too much and allowing the defense time to access the ball handler. The Yotes did not shoot as well as they normally would also demonstrates the Jackrabbit defense was pretty good as well. The Yote shooters are very good at using the screens to get the quick open shots. There is still 11 games to play before Summit tourney. It is too early to worry about this loss.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Bad loss. The Jacks didn't seem to play with much confidence in the second half. They're younger than USD, but by the end of the season the Jacks should be the better team.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            Bad loss. The Jacks didn't seem to play with much confidence in the second half. They're younger than USD, but by the end of the season the Jacks should be the better team.
                            Tough tough loss. Has to hurt the players even more then the fan's pride. Basically a 1 woman team and she beat the Jacks when she needed to. Disappointing doesn't even begin to sum it up. In the end its just 1 loss and shouldn't have any major impact on the rest of the season. Need to win 3 games in S Falls in March. That's it.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Brad Newitt kept saying good things about USD. Was that his job?
                              He is an analyst so I'm guessing talking about the game is part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                                He is an analyst so I'm guessing talking about the game is part of it.
                                He was overboard yesterday. That's okay. I've not heard that from him before.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X