GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes

USD will come to Frost on the coldest day of the winter. They come in as one of the 3 teams with one loss in conference. It is a must win situation for USD to stay at the top or fall 2 games out of first place. The Yotes bring a deep bench which powers the offense. They have had only 2 players foul out in the first 17 games. They seem to have 2 of everything except Seekamp who is definitely the leader of this squad. She averages 6.5 assists, 3.3 steals, 3.8 boards, 3.7 turnovers, and 15.7 points in 30 minutes per game. Seekamp, Duffy, and Heimiller all average 40% or better from the 3 point line. They have a few good wins which include Illinois, Drake, and UND. The big rub for today's game will be the defense of SDSU(60) or the offense of USD(80). I would lean toward a frosty reception for the Coyotes which sends a chilly group back south following a Jackrabbit win retaining sole possession of first place in the Summit. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...iller/78848352
    http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...omen/78868958/
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Some powerful stats from Matt Zimmer's roundup:
      SDSU leads the series 55-22. No one on the Coyote roster had been born yet the last time USD won at Frost Arena. That was in 1990.
      Since then, SDSU has dominated the series, though USD has beaten the Jacks once in each of the last two seasons.
      I think the Jacks' scrappy defense will be too much for the Yoties' offense-minded style. They run, but they don't seem that fast.
      This space for lease.

Comment

back in the recesses of the yotes minds, this is the game they have been looking at---most likely why ndsu game almost bit them in the butt. if jacks don't come out flat and limit to's, should be fine. most likely a good game, but, should come out with a 'W'.

Comment

I hope to see a nice crowd for the game. Not a big number of advanced ticket sales for this game as we always have a big number of walk up sales. I realize it is muches chilly out but sure would be good to see a large and loud crowd to show this state is BLUE!

Comment

The Jacks are winners,pure and simple,they find a way to win,I'll go with them.Might be hard,might be easy,but I do not doubt their resolve to come away with the win.They've made a believer out of me,I must say.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
              I hope to see a nice crowd for the game. Not a big number of advanced ticket sales for this game as we always have a big number of walk up sales. I realize it is muches chilly out but sure would be good to see a large and loud crowd to show this state is BLUE!
              The cold and the NFL playoffs will keep some people away, but there should be a good crowd there, I think.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                The cold and the NFL playoffs will keep some people away, but there should be a good crowd there, I think.
                The facility people are hoping for a few to come out today.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_-NeDUVKYg

Comment

Any reason Seekamp will not be playing next year? Sarcasm says she should not be playing this year.

Comment

This game,and the return game in Vermillion,will play a large part in developing the strategies to be used for both teams,should they meet in the SLT in Sioux Falls (highly likely),......so they are very important,although the game in Sioux Falls will likely be nothing like the two previous games,lessons learned will be on display there.These two teams are destined to lock horns with each other every time they meet on the court.Two fanatical fan bases backing their team and cheering them on is what makes these games special.Good to display to the Nation what kind of basketball comes out of the Summit League also.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-17-2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                      back in the recesses of the yotes minds, this is the game they have been looking at---most likely why ndsu game almost bit them in the butt. if jacks don't come out flat and limit to's, should be fine. most likely a good game, but, should come out with a 'W'.
                      The Yotes better hope they can get it done this year, because the party will be over next season. 4 of the 5 starters will not be in Vermillion next year, and it is next to impossible to survive that kind of turnover.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        The Yotes better hope they can get it done this year, because the party will be over next season. 4 of the 5 starters will not be in Vermillion next year, and it is next to impossible to survive that kind of turnover.
                        I noticed that also. This appears to be the (temporary) end to their "window".

Frost has been to USD WBB what Fargo has been to SDSU MBB. Opening up a quick lead could easily get inside their heads. I would not mind seeing a blowout today, but I'm not predicting it. Miller has been at her best against USD. It would be nice to see that again today.

Comment

Can't shoot three's every time down court,unless you make them of course,we are trying to get open three shots,but we aren't trying very hard to get a good two now and then.Sure , we could heat up, but we don't want to have to just to catch up.Shoot three's, but don't rely on them too much is my motto.It's such a variance from game to game for most teams,your best friend or your worst enemy at times.Try to get a better mix of 2pt and 3 pt shots.Right now we are tied without hitting any three's,we are keeping it close by other means (offensive rebounds for one).A big positive.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-17-2016, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Madi has found her mid range jumper a little,makes her really dangerous.We are stepping it up a little ,the crowd will really get rakus if we go on a run I'm thinking.

Comment

I'll take a 7-point lead, considering the way we started off. USD is not known for their defense but is guarding with tenacity today. Seekamp probably is not going to keep chucking up bricks, so it will be important to pick up the scoring in the second half.

It was interesting to see Palmer and Mieras getting into the game early on in this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X