GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes

Seekamp went nuts in the 2nd half. She's a good ball player, she's definitely making good use of her 6th year. (Right?)

Comment

Jacks played sloppy-a** basketball, many times on unforced turnovers. When you give up 20 plus points off turnovers, it's going to be hard to win games.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Guebert misses a 3. Seekamp rebound. USD is going to win in Brookings.

19 turnovers doom Jacks.
        Yup, pts off TO was 22-13,and fast break points were 10-0 favoring USD. It was Seekamp's dagger three that was the difference after everything else though.We gave her the opportunity to make that dramatic shot by playing too sloppy of a game.If our half court offense could have produced a little better,we wouldn't of committed so many of those TO's in my opinion.Either team could have won,there's only one winner allowed though.Today it was the Yotes day.

Comment

Why do we say we played so bad when we lose? Ober got 8 blocks shots today, I would not call that sloppy. We could have used Ober yesterday in Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            Guebert misses a 3. Seekamp rebound. USD is going to win in Brookings.

19 turnovers doom Jacks.
            Terrible defense on the ball screen didn't help either. If you are going under the screen then the screeners defender has to step out. Especially against their best player.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

The game was very sloppy, I agree. However, the officials allowed the used guards to be much more physical than they allowed us. The fact that we were hitting 5 team fouls before they did each quarter was ridiculous. Guess that's what happens when the coach spends twice as much time working the refs as coaching the players.

Comment

Originally posted by JackAttack44 View Post
                The game was very sloppy, I agree. However, the officials allowed the used guards to be much more physical than they allowed us. The fact that we were hitting 5 team fouls before they did each quarter was ridiculous. Guess that's what happens when the coach spends twice as much time working the refs as coaching the players.
                Fouls were dead even at 17 each.

Comment

My point exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                    Fouls were dead even at 17 each.
                    Welcome to the board. Love your screen name, although you misspelled it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      The Yotes better hope they can get it done this year, because the party will be over next season. 4 of the 5 starters will not be in Vermillion next year, and it is next to impossible to survive that kind of turnover.
                      Losing those 4 will hurt but I don't think it will hurt as much as you'd think. Seekamp and Hemiller are special players and will be BIG losses but Liveringhouse has been matching McCloud's numbers all year and she's just a sophomore. Duffy hasn't been the same player since she got injured but assuming she finds her rhythm again, her and Trimboli will be asked to carry the load next year. I still expect a top 3 league finish next year

Comment

Originally posted by JackAttack44 View Post
                        My point exactly.
                        Actually, I think it was the opposite of your point...

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Why do we say we played so bad when we lose? Ober got 8 blocks shots today, I would not call that sloppy. We could have used Ober yesterday in Fargo.
                          As jackdaniel said: "pts off TO was 22-13,and fast break points were 10-0 favoring USD."

That's what playing bad looks like.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I'm not getting pulled into a pissing match here. I'll state it in simple terms...your team should have been called for more fouls. Congrats on the win and have a good day.

Comment

If you let a team hang around and hang around all game long,there's no gaurantee you'll end up the winner,so many things can happen.That's why the top teams don't .If they can win by 50+,they'll do it,until it becomes encoded into their genes.It's the so called "killer instinct.I still think this teams a winner,we just let one slip by is all.

Comment

Mistake by the d on that three from Seekamp. Either Guebert goes over the screen or the other defender needs to step out. Cant give such a wide open look.

Comment

Working...
                                X