X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 - 2015 Jackrabbit WBB season

Originally posted by 76JACK View Post
    Charlie Creme has us as #13 playing #4 California at Berkley
    It looks like Iowa City is the only close opening round site. The Hawkeyes host there and are projected as a #3 seed , so the Jacks would have to drop to a 14 seed for that to work.

Comment

Or get jumped to #11 to play #6. Arkansas is the "last in". Ship them to Berkeley!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        It looks like Iowa City is the only close opening round site. The Hawkeyes host there and are projected as a #3 seed , so the Jacks would have to drop to a 14 seed for that to work.
        Do you have a link to the sites? Iowa City is still closer than Boulder where they played South Carolina last time.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          Do you have a link to the sites? Iowa City is still closer than Boulder where they played South Carolina last time.
          I googled women's basketball bracketology and it went to the ESPN site that showed the locations.

Comment

I googled women's basketball bracketology and it went to the ESPN site that showed the locations.
            Thanks. That was better than the searches I was trying to make using NCAA women basketball tournament.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The sites arent set for sure. The 1-4 seeds host the first and second rounds. So if charlie is wrong and Cal is a 5 instead of a 4, then Berkely wouldnt be one of the sites. Iowa most likely would be a top 4.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                The sites arent set for sure. The 1-4 seeds host the first and second rounds. So if charlie is wrong and Cal is a 5 instead of a 4, then Berkely wouldnt be one of the sites. Iowa most likely would be a top 4.
                The sites are set - they adjust the seeds depending on where the "home" team gets seeded. I pulled up the 2013 brackets and Iowa hosted as a 9 seed and Gonzaga hosted as a 12 seed.

Comment

The sites are set - they adjust the seeds depending on where the "home" team gets seeded. I pulled up the 2013 brackets and Iowa hosted as a 9 seed and Gonzaga hosted as a 12 seed.
                  This is 100% incorrect for this year. The previous post is 100% correct.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Charlie is always wrong anyway

Comment

• Re: 2014 - 2015 Jackrabbit WBB season

It was changed for this year. The top 16 seeds host. They host the first 2 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                        Charlie is always wrong anyway
                        I hope he is and they end up in Iowa City. I might go. I took off work in case the men ended up in Omaha. But i can certainly drive to Iowa City.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          I hope he is and they end up in Iowa City. I might go. I took off work in case the men ended up in Omaha. But i can certainly drive to Iowa City.
                          Safe travels if you go. I've been to 4 of the 5 NCAA tournaments and it's a blast. Gotta pass this year to support Dells in the State A's. Unless, of course, the women advance to the Sweet 16 😃
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I'm not sure if it was posted here but I read in the Argus That Miller broke the all-time record for points by a freshman (previously held by Vogel). Not too bad.

Comment

I think ,for a sweet 16,the 4 vs 13,5 vs 12 pod would be Ideal. The highest seed to play would be a 4 seed for a sweet 16 berth. Still a tough game, but this would avoid having to go through a #1, #2, or #3 seeded team. For just a first rd win, not considering the 2nd rd game, just get the highest seed you can.

The poll in the Argus surprised me, most voting for one win in the NCAA Tournament, when in reality, with the lower seeds, the first game is usually the toughest. Get by the first game, there's a better chance to win against a lesser opponent the 2nd game, on paper anyway.

Comment

NLOI regular signing period starts Apr 15th ,goes until May 20th.Anyone see us getting a new recruit? Looks pretty slim with 14 already on the roster, and for next year too. If we use our last scholarship for a player, she'll probably have to be an exceptional player,an immediate impact type player, I would think.

Scholarships have been hard to come by the last few years at SDSU. That's a good sign, IMO, of a program on the rise. Recruits should get their spot reserved early, one would think, with an early verbal commitment, if we are accepting commitments from young players who show good promise for the future that is, I don't know if we will continue this trend . Thueninck committed early...... Just my thoughts.
                                Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-30-2015, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X