2014 - 2015 Jackrabbit WBB season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 - 2015 Jackrabbit WBB season

Against Northern State ,it'll be a chance for the two Waytasheks to reunite . Megans sister Paige plays for Northern Wolves. NSU is nationally ranked in the pre season poll at #25.

Rachel Walters will bump into former WHS teammates (?) Sadie Stotesbery and Sami Smith also.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Against Northern State ,it'll be a chance for the two Waytasheks to reunite . Megans sister Paige plays for Northern Wolves. NSU is nationally ranked in the pre season poll at #25.

Rachel Walters will bump into former WHS teammates (?) Sadie Stotesbery and Sami Smith also.
      Northern may be a bit more competitive for certain. We should see the 9 or 10 or 11 person rotation in place on Saturday. It would be a good game to see some intensity elevate as well.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Hasn'tAJ been giving a lot of hints about this being the best young group he's ever recruited?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          Hasn'tAJ been giving a lot of hints about this being the best young group he's ever recruited?
          That could be the story, but last year was not too bad either!
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Might be a shocker, and will definitely enhance the importance of our game with them, but don't look now, Arkansas -LR is leading LSU by 55-42 with 7 min left.

Comment

Might be a shocker, and will definitely enhance the importance of our game with them, but don't look now, Arkansas -LR is leading LSU by 55-42 with 7 min left.
              LSU was preseason #24 in the USA poll and UALR was receiving 16 votes in the Mid Major poll. One of those 2 is not accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                LSU was preseason #24 in the USA poll and UALR was receiving 16 votes in the Mid Major poll. One of those 2 is not accurate.
                LSU was rated to high imo. They are usually a women's powerhouse but since Augustus (guard for the Lynx) graduated, the program has been about average with a couple good years here and there. Not taking anything away from UALR. They put a hurting on the Jacks last season and are a good team. Maybe this a good sign for the Jacks game against Depaul.

Comment

UWGB beats #24 Purdue, we play the Phoenix Dec 10. Their win will enhance the importance of winning that game.

Comment

UWGB with another good win over Ga Tech (ACC) by 21 pts and Arkansas (SEC ,5-0) big win over ranked Iowa. The more high profile our future opponents become, the better. Arkansas game coming up really soon, Dec 4.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-28-2014, 11:48 PM.

Comment

I don't find necessary to start a new thread for this but it has been announced that SDSU will be apart of the 2015 Paradise Jam. Other teams participating are Rutgers, Maryland, Virginia, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Old Dominion, and Tulane. Also Notre Dame will be coming to Frost in 2015-2016 season.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                        I don't find necessary to start a new thread for this but it has been announced that SDSU will be apart of the 2015 Paradise Jam. Other teams participating are Rutgers, Maryland, Virginia, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Old Dominion, and Tulane. Also Notre Dame will be coming to Frost in 2015-2016 season.
                        Pittsburgh has a 6'11" center playing for them, wouldn't that be a once in a lifetime experience if we had a game with them. Bubbles Anderson's her name.

Comment

Pittsburgh has a 6'11" center playing for them, wouldn't that be a once in a lifetime experience if we had a game with them. Bubbles Anderson's her name.
                          Holy! And to think SDSU had troubles with Hamson at 6'7...

Comment

I was looking at our stats a bit and wanted to see how we were scoring, since we arent putting up the points like I thought we would be able too. Overall seems most players have a good FG% and some are shooting the 3 at a high clip, as a team 32% which is much better then the mens team. But Miller is only 1-11 on 3 attempts this year. I know Gabby wasnt a great shooter too but I feel we are missing gabby more to start the year then we were hoping. She had her fair share of turnovers too but seemed to be a spark plug for this team. Havent watched much for games but seems we can score in chunks and then got dry for minutes at a time. Hopefully the kinks get worked out early here so we are a well oiled machine as confrence and tourney time rolls around.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              I was looking at our stats a bit and wanted to see how we were scoring, since we arent putting up the points like I thought we would be able too. Overall seems most players have a good FG% and some are shooting the 3 at a high clip, as a team 32% which is much better then the mens team. But Miller is only 1-11 on 3 attempts this year. I know Gabby wasnt a great shooter too but I feel we are missing gabby more to start the year then we were hoping. She had her fair share of turnovers too but seemed to be a spark plug for this team. Havent watched much for games but seems we can score in chunks and then got dry for minutes at a time. Hopefully the kinks get worked out early here so we are a well oiled machine as confrence and tourney time rolls around.
                              I remember Kristin Rotert (2008-2009?) started a season like that ,then she started hitting and never looked back. Also, some shooters are slow getting started this year (most of the team, except Waytashek and Walters,Young?) and we miss the three graduated seniors a little more than anticipated for 3 pt scoring. I look for things to start coming around soon, hopefully. In 2015 we'll have Guebert,that helps a lot in 3 pt shooting. I miss Gabby's drives to the hoop. She picked her times, got there and finished. We need those plays when the offense is struggling. She's a lot faster than she's given credit for.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-03-2014, 09:33 PM.

Comment

AJ made a comment recently--maybe most saw it. He said this year's team is young--over 50% are underclassmen. I guess so--62% of the team minutes are from underclassmen--38% then for upperclassmen. I checked the 2008-2009 team that had only 3 losses I believe and the underclassmen had 36% of the minutes--upperclassmen had 64% of the team minutes. This is basically a complete reversal for this years team. I guess this is why some close games we don't win.

Comment

Working...
                                X