AJ's Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: AJ's Future

Great spot for AJ to be in. Not a great spot for SDSU. Sell is limited to a one year offer as an option to keep him. If AJ stays he eliminates a lot of possibilities that could come his way. Perhaps he is content with the position he is in. Only he can decide that. Career goals differ vastly from person to person. AJ seems very happy in his current position. That says a lot. I hope he gets offered the chance to make a choice. I also hope he stays put.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

a wise quote from wichita st coach on turning down minny job: "you always want to be in the right fit. there's something to be said about 'Don't mess with happy.' "

Comment

Daily update from TV - AJ says he has had zero contact with Minnesota. Meanwhile , Charley Walters reports in the St.Paul paper that Gopher AD is interviewing candidates in NY while there with the Gopher men at the NIT. Take that with a grain of salt - Walters is known for throwing lots of stuff at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Comment

When AJ's name was first mentioned I figured he would for sure get it. The Gophers would be fools not to offer it to him. As a Coyote fan I hope he does get it and take it. If he does leave, which is looking less and less likely to me, I would really hope he takes Macy Miller with him. For those of you who don't follow high school girls basketball that closely she is a stud. Probably the best girls basketball player to come out of SD since Koupal. I'm sure there is a big thread dedicated to her already.
          Unfortunately for USD I think both Miller and AJ will be around for the next 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
            When AJ's name was first mentioned I figured he would for sure get it. The Gophers would be fools not to offer it to him. As a Coyote fan I hope he does get it and take it. If he does leave, which is looking less and less likely to me, I would really hope he takes Macy Miller with him. For those of you who don't follow high school girls basketball that closely she is a stud. Probably the best girls basketball player to come out of SD since Koupal. I'm sure there is a big thread dedicated to her already.
            Unfortunately for USD I think both Miller and AJ will be around for the next 4 years.
            It sucks to be a YOTE. Mandy who and Josh who?

Comment

Who is this Macy Miller you speak of?

Comment

I'll lay some cash down that even if AJ leaves Macy will still be a Jack. Get used to 2nd place.

Comment

Since no one has posted this I am going to. TV has a an article on AJ Johnston story and his contacts to date.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...esota/7265071/

Comment

If you read the Mitchell Daily Republic online, it sounds to me that she wants to stay in South Dakota. Of course if AJ left, maybe she would change her mind. But it seems to me she is going to State for more reasons than AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      If you read the Mitchell Daily Republic online, it sounds to me that she wants to stay in South Dakota. Of course if AJ left, maybe she would change her mind. But it seems to me she is going to State for more reasons than AJ.
                      I will add that her Former Teammate (young) also made the right decision to attend SDSU, and knowing HS age children Friends have a large influence on where they go/don't go to Post secondary school

Comment

I don't doubt at all that Miller wouldn't follow AJ. I wasn't trying to speculate that she would. I was only saying it would be great for USD if she did leave. It also doesn't appear AJ is probably going anywhere.

Comment

Yep. Every article I've read recently about her she never refers to playing of AJ. She always says she is excited to be a Jack and wants to stay close to home.

Comment

I certainly hope the women's basketball program doesn't disband after A.J. leaves and takes Macy with him...
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Found this article discussing candidates for the Gophers job. Shows that there are some extreme viewpoints around a 50,000 student university in a major urban area. http://www.spokesman-recorder.com/20...s-replacement/

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Found this article discussing candidates for the Gophers job. Shows that there are some extreme viewpoints around a 50,000 student university in a major urban area. http://www.spokesman-recorder.com/20...s-replacement/
                                Where was AJ name? I guess they forgot to mention him. Good for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X