Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ's Future

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    The game might not be good for Caoch Borton's job security, but it should be a treat for SDSU fans.
    Or the beginning of one big trick for us SDSU fans.

Is it time to start addressing the gorilla in the room?

Re: Minnesota at Frost

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post

no. Please no.

Comment

What gorilla? AJ is not going anywhere.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        What gorilla? AJ is not going anywhere.
        Source?

Comment

Source?
          No source. Just a general feeling about how he talks about Brookings and SDSU. He has another really good recruiting class coming in and has a strong team returning in general. I just think that he would have left by now if he really wanted to. Maybe he is just waiting for the Minnesota job to open up, but I don't think so.

What is your position?

Comment

FWIW, Borton made $335,000 last year. She made $510,000 in 2011. Not sure why her salary differs so much every year.

http://extra.twincities.com/car/salaries/default.aspx

Comment

Lets no kid ourselves. If UofM has a short list of coaches they would be looking at we all know AJ would probably be on the short list. Maybe not the front runner, but he would get serious looks. Also, if AJ ever had a short list of programs he would leave for UofM would be on that short list too. From the state, bigger paycheck if he wanted it. But he has a good thing going for him now, so if the offer is there down the road, I would not be surprised one bit if he took it or one bit if he stayed.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

A Minnesota fan pointed out the last couple of coaches saw their tenure ended by their replacement (sorta) -- I haven't checked the accuracy but is 'sounds' about right: Clem's last loss was to his replacement,Tubby Smith; Tubby's last lost was to his replacement's mentor (replacement is young Pitino and I think the reference is to Billy Donovan).

Comment

I'd encourage those who want to discuss AJ's future etc. consider starting a separate thread. I'd like this thread to focus on kicking some Gopher butt on Thursday. I didn't make it to the first two WNIT games but I'm going to Frost and bringing my wife and two friends. I talked to a couple other fans this morning and they, like me, didn't make it to the first two games but will be there Thursday.

Comment

Well, if he does leave, I hope he doesn't raid our roster like the VB coach. I would hate if he took Miller with him. I'm guessing we would be a fairly attractive job for a young coach though with a solid returning roster, fan support, and tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      I'd encourage those who want to discuss AJ's future etc. consider starting a separate thread.
                      Can you do this for us and move the appropriate posts accordingly?

Comment

I was just making a suggestion...you can start a new thread if you wish to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          I was just making a suggestion...you can start a new thread if you wish to do so.
                          You're a moderator, that's why I asked. Do you not have the ability to move posts from one thread to another?

I'll tackle part 1. You tackle part 2?

Comment

You're a moderator, that's why I asked. Do you not have the ability to move posts from one thread to another?

I'll tackle part 1. You tackle part 2?
                            Start a thread, posts will probably get moved.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

AJ's Future

Per moderator's request.

My concern about Minnesota visiting Frost? We have a Minnesota coach who is on the hot seat. She is coming to Frost Arena to take on AJ's squad. This is a perfect chance for AJ to showcase his coaching skills in front of Minnesota's AD, and a chance for Minnesota's AD to see what AJ has built and has to offer.

Do I think AJ will leave? Yes, I do, but not sure when. As a parent, I think he would want to leave before the kids start school so that he does not have to uproot them.

If Minnesota comes calling with a significant pay raise, I think he's gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X