Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:USD @ SDSU

Originally posted by Drake View Post
    If the atmosphere, culture and attitude is so bad at USD, why did you attend med school there?
    Not because of coyote athletics. Perhaps I should clarify, "the culture in the athletic departments........"

Making a decision about where to attend university or graduate school based on athletic programs is not wise in my opinion.

Lastly, where in the prior post did I say it was "bad". I said different. Discuss posts not posters.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Not because of coyote athletics. Perhaps I should clarify, "the culture in the athletic departments........"

Making a decision about where to attend university or graduate school based on athletic programs is not wise in my opinion.

Lastly, where in the prior post did I say it was "bad". I said different. Discuss posts not posters.
      I concur. Post, not posters.

Ugly game, but one that the Jacks demonstrated a good command on how to play it. The inside-out passes led to lots of 3 attempts, and love that they were falling. Jacks will need something similar this weekend. IMHO, the game Sat. @ IUPUI is the Jacks' most likely conference game to lose. Jacks will need a solid game to beat the Jags at home. Get the wins on the road at the IP's, and IMHO Jacks will be a slam dunk for the #1 seed. Same issue to go dancing, but like that will be playing a first game vs a team that had to play the day before.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        I concur. Post, not posters.
        I don't think that's fair and I'm going to step in and defend Drake here. The good doctor (without directly saying it) lambasted the culture of a school he attended. Drake simply asked a question based on the doctor's post - and a legitimate one at that. It wasn't even smack or an insult. That's an undeserved wrist slap.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
          I don't think that's fair and I'm going to step in and defend Drake here. The good doctor (without directly saying it) lambasted the culture of a school he attended. Drake simply asked a question based on the doctor's post - and a legitimate one at that. It wasn't even smack or an insult. That's an undeserved wrist slap.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
          I don't like the fact USD allows it students, fans and players to be openly disrespectful to opposing teams players, coaches and fans. I think it takes away from many of the positive aspects of university life in Vermillion. Others disagree, they find it cute or fun and perfectly acceptable.

I can tell you this, I didn't choose the school based on pride in its athletic programs or culture the same way I didn't choose SDSU for those reasons. I got a wonderful education at both institutions and do my best to show appreciation for that everyday. That doesn't mean I can't express disappointment when I observe repeated poor behavior like I have at coyote athletic events, especially those including the Jackrabbits.

I think Drake asked a question that was unnecessary and not appropriate for this forum. I won't speculate on his motivation for asking that question because I don't care. I will add, the culture at the medical school is quite different than that present in the athletic programs and on game day and a culture that I am proud to be a part of.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I think Drake asked a question that was unnecessary and not appropriate for this forum. I won't speculate on his motivation for asking that question because I don't care.
            The first line of your initial post discussed the culture of USD and SDSU. In no way did you say it was only the athletic culture. You clarified that AFTER Drake asked the question.

If you don't want people asking you questions about med school, your relationships to recruits, or whatever, maybe you should just keep that information to yourself. Don't get all high and mighty when someone asks you a legitimate question about personal information that you openly choose to share on this message board. Your initial 2 line response to Drake was just fine except you had to bring "discuss posts not posters" into it. We apparently aren't allowed to discuss you, but you sure do a fine job of discussing yourself in front of the rest of us.

Comment

The first line of your initial post discussed the culture of USD and SDSU. In no way did you say it was only the athletic culture. You clarified that AFTER Drake asked the question.

If you don't want people asking you questions about med school, your relationships to recruits, or whatever, maybe you should just keep that information to yourself. Don't get all high and mighty when someone asks you a legitimate question about personal information that you openly choose to share on this message board. Your initial 2 line response to Drake was just fine except you had to bring "discuss posts not posters" into it. We apparently aren't allowed to discuss you, but you sure do a fine job of discussing yourself in front of the rest of us.
              I stand by the policy established by the moderators to "discuss posts not posters". Drake is certainly entitled to question whatever he or she would like however he or she would like to. Sorry for distracting from the topic at hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I stand by the policy established by the moderators to "discuss posts not posters". Drake is certainly entitled to question whatever he or she would like however he or she would like to. Sorry for distracting from the topic at hand.

IMO, any info shared in the public forums becomes just that - public - and is fair game. Info shared via PM should absolutely be required to stay private.

I earned my masters degree from Notre Dame, became very close to the Weis family, and hosted several high profile recruits on their visits to South Bend. However, don't you dare ask me any questions about it!

Moving on.

Comment

TK: every so often you kinda tip over and unnecessarily jab at people. Drake asked a question and got an answer. You jumped all over JackMD for his "discuss posts, not posters" comment. Really? TK, I don't think you've been selected as the arbiter on this board and I don't agree with your statements on board policy woven into your comments on JackMD's posts.

And, by the way, I have some understanding of what JackMD is saying about the differences in cultures around athletic events and I generally concur in his assessment. There are differences. So why did I go to law school at USD? When I was graduated from SDSU, I had some choices but USD Law was both highly respected and for an in-state guy, relatively inexpensive. The likelihood of remaining in SD pretty-much sealed the deal. Like JackMD says about his medical-school education, I received a good law education. And, I got a kick out of living in Vermillion...loved Carey's bar...met a lot of great people at USD.

But there are differences.

Perhaps this thread can get back on topic....

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    TK: every so often you kinda tip over and unnecessarily jab at people. Drake asked a question and got an answer. You jumped all over JackMD for his "discuss posts, not posters" comment. Really?

So, everyone's shorts unbunched?
                    Fair enough. My issue wasn't so much with JackMD as it was with the moderator who wrist slapped Drake.

As a moderator, please explain to me how Drake's question was out of line.

I have a problem when the moderators come down on things like that, but let TAB run wild all over this forum with his "butthurt" comments and gets everyone riled up. That's what bothers me. The "discuss posts not posters" rule needs to be better explained as to when and when it isn't going to be enforced. I'm sure the answer will be "at the discretion of the moderators".

For the record, I have nothing but love and respect for the good doctor. He and I just don't see eye to eye on this one.

And No, I have zero interest in starting my own forum. This is where I am normally told to go do that.

Comment

Fair enough. My issue wasn't so much with JackMD as it was with the moderator who wrist slapped Drake.

As a moderator, please explain to me how Drake's question was out of line.

I have a problem when the moderators come down on things like that, but let TAB run wild all over this forum with his "butthurt" comments and gets everyone riled up. That's what bothers me. The "discuss posts not posters" rule needs to be better explained as to when and when it isn't going to be enforced. I'm sure the answer will be "at the discretion of the moderators".

For the record, I have nothing but love and respect for the good doctor. He and I just don't see eye to eye on this one.

And No, I have zero interest in starting my own forum. This is where I am normally told to go do that.
                      You can't leave, we need you on that wall. I am not offended by Drakes comment. I should have left the post not posters comment out. The moderators do a great job and I'm not one of them for a variety of good reasons.

Jackrabbits whooped up on the Coyotes and did so with enthusiasm and hard play. I have immense respect for and take pride in what Jackrabbit athletics represent.

Comment

I share your concern about TAB's posts...by the time I read some of that drivel it was no longer fresh and the bell had been rung. The side benefit of TAB posting as he did was he exposed himself as one who...well, his posts are there for anyone to read and draw their own conclusion (and I don't think those conclusions will be very complimentary).

I appreciate your sense of humor in the last line. All posters should remember that a little humor these days is a good thing.

Comment

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...861#post245861
                          Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          Yeah, this thread has pretty much been a dumpster fire, hasn't it?
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Does anyone know what the lines for the women's games are this week? Would the Jackrabbits be favored in either or both games?
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Good question. If we are favored at IUPUI, it can't be by much. That game should be the biggest challenge between now and the NCAA tournament (if...).

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                Does anyone know what the lines for the women's games are this week? Would the Jackrabbits be favored in either or both games?
                                Sagarin has Jacks by 8 over IPFW and IUPUI by 1 over SDSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X