GDT:USD @ SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:USD @ SDSU

This second half has set the game of basketball back 50 years. Maybe more.

I'm definitely not a "blame the refs" guy, but I have to agree with JJ on the radio that the excessive amount of fouls has destroyed either team's chance of getting into a rhythm. The real losers are the few fans that are still watching, and I bet there are about 100 of us tuned in to the tv broadcast. Unwatchable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      Refs are ruining this game. No team can get settled with all these foul calls.
      The players keep fouling each other. There have been 50 fouls so far and maybe 6 or 7 were weak touch fouls. Other than some questionable charge/block calls, the refs aren't making stuff up.

Comment

Only need 9 more fouls to get to 60. Go go go.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
          The players keep fouling each other. There have been 50 fouls so far and maybe 6 or 7 were weak touch fouls. Other than some questionable charge/block calls, the refs aren't making stuff up.
          I'm not saying they aren't fouls. Some games refs will call touch fouls and some other games they will let it go. They need to be consistent or there will be games like this where there is 50+ fouls.

Comment

Awesome, flagrant 1 on somebody for the Jacks. Took the refs about 3 minutes to figure that one out. Called on Paluch.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              I'm not saying they aren't fouls. Some games refs will call touch fouls and some other games they will let it go. They need to be consistent or there will be games like this where there is 50+ fouls.
              I'd rather they not call some of these fouls, but I don't think we'll ever get game to game consistency in the league, much less OOC. From the look of it neither team adjusted their play to the strict foul calls this game.

After the last few calls however, I'm revising my opinion on how "good" the refs have been. The last 4 or so fouls have been really weak.

Comment

Another flagrant foul check, this time on Waytashek. Waytashek hammered the shooter on the layup and got a lot of face.

Comment

82-64 Jacks at the final media timeout. 3:25 left.

Comment

59 fouls, 20 seconds left. Can we get to 60?

Comment

88-69 Jacks, final.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
                        Fouls or not, you have to be aware of the situation. I know this idea offends the purists, but at the end of the day this is ultimately supposed to be entertaining. Calling 30 fouls in the second half of a blowout game is a great way to get fans to tune out.

Nice job Jacks. Easy win. So much for the gap between USD and SDSU WBB narrowing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a good crowd today at 2500+. It was smaller than I had expected. The students are not filling the sections on the end.. The game lasted much longer than expected as well. If consistency ever became a trademark of referees, everyone could be one. At his point it is like some star singing the National Anthem, and sometimes they just mutilate the song with their improvisions or translations. Just sing the thing the same way every time. The referees should not be the center of attention even when there is an ugly played game. I am glad SDSU has the deeper bench to withstand the onslaught of fouls. There was a bunch of contact that could be called and the obvious things should be called. Some of the calls were a reach and would be better left alone. 59 fouls midway through the conference seems that both teams will need to polish quick or just wait until the next game the same players will have half that many calls with similar play.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            It was a good crowd today at 2500+. It was smaller than I had expected. The students are not filling the sections on the end.. The game lasted much longer than expected as well. If consistency ever became a trademark of referees, everyone could be one. At his point it is like some star singing the National Anthem, and sometimes they just mutilate the song with their improvisions or translations. Just sing the thing the same way every time. The referees should not be the center of attention even when there is an ugly played game. I am glad SDSU has the deeper bench to withstand the onslaught of fouls. There was a bunch of contact that could be called and the obvious things should be called. Some of the calls were a reach and would be better left alone. 59 fouls midway through the conference seems that both teams will need to polish quick or just wait until the next game the same players will have half that many calls with similar play.
                            I knew it was going to be a long day when I saw that female ref with her hair pulled back - I remembered her from some previous appearances. She didn't disappoint - if you watch the opening tap , she couldn't even toss the ball up straight. And it went downhill from there. And the two men weren't any better.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              I knew it was going to be a long day when I saw that female ref with her hair pulled back - I remembered her from some previous appearances. She didn't disappoint - if you watch the opening tap , she couldn't even toss the ball up straight. And it went downhill from there. And the two men weren't any better.
                              I noticed the opening tip as well. Looking back, I'm surprised we didn't get a foul on the jump. Our girl was all over the USD gal trying to get to where the ball went.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

My favorite part of the game is when #24 for USD "shushed" the crowd after making 1 of 2 free throws to cut the lead to 16...
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X