Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Middle Tenn State

Originally posted by EQguy
    This is bordering on smack and is more about men's basketball but if you are going to talk about chants for a player you can't go without mentioning Darwin Claussen or Keith Hasselquist. Those of you that attended a bball game against Augie in the mid 80's knows what I am talking about.
    Beckstrand.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Yeah but the whole crowd didn't yell GEEEEEEEEEEEEK every time he touched the ball. OR they didn't all chand HITLERQUIST! HITLERQUIST!

Man, in the 80's I hated Augie way more than I hated the U.

Anyway, How bout them Lady Jacks. I can't wait until we start seeing them getting votes. I don't know if it'll be this year but it is coming soon!
      8-)
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy
        Yeah but the whole crowd didn't yell GEEEEEEEEEEEEK every time he touched the ball. OR they didn't all chand HITLERQUIST! HITLERQUIST!

Man, in the 80's I hated Augie way more than I hated the U.

Anyway, How bout them Lady Jacks. I can't wait until we start seeing them getting votes. I don't know if it'll be this year but it is coming soon!
        8-)
        If they can beat USC, that will start putting them on some folks' radar screens. I suspect they'll need a 10-0 start or something like that to start being taken seriously, due to their independent and transitional status.

That would mean that the Jacks would have beaten Middle Tennessee, USC, Virginia and (probably) Baylor, all of whom are ranked or getting votes in the AP Top 25 right now.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
          That would mean that the Jacks would have beaten Middle Tennessee, USC, Virginia and (probably) Baylor, all of whom are ranked or getting votes in the AP Top 25 right now.
          That, my friend is highly unlikely. Baylor has one heck of a great women's BB program. We aren't there yet, thats for sure.

I just want to see our women compete and have a chance to win. A large crowd will really help that.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

[quote author=EQguy link=1163265552/45#59 date=1163638853]This is bordering on smack and is more about men's basketball but if you are going to talk about chants for a player you can't go without mentioning Darwin Claussen or Keith Hasselquist.  Those of you that attended a bball game against Augie in the mid 80's knows what I am talking about.
            Beckstrand.[/quote]

Beckstrand is a BABY. Oh, how remember those days. Beckstrand even was able to laugh about it during his last year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies

Beckstrand is a BABY. Oh, how remember those days. Beckstrand even was able to laugh about it during his last year.
              He's a pretty darn good doctor, too. Well respected despite his days at Augie. He trained in Omaha and the U of Nebraska after medical school. I really disliked him during my time at SDSU. Played an occasional independent game against him and must admit he was a stud on the court, might still be.

Okay, off topic again.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Well here is an article about Middle Tennessee State and their attempt to get some recognition in women's basketball.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=2693442

Here is a quote from Chrissy Givens about SDSU

So how will the Blue Raiders, fresh off the win against Georgia, avoid a letdown when conference play begins against South Alabama on Thursday? The team's other loss this season, a 72-61 setback against South Dakota State that came three days after the Maryland game, taught them as much about focus as the games against the heavyweights did about their potential.

"Personally, I think we are a better ball team than South Dakota State, but when you don't come out there, and the other team is more fired up than you, you will lose," Givens said. "And that's what happened to us. We were flat and lethargic, and we really just never got into the game and they took it to us."
                Well I guess Ms. Givens is still having a difficult time coping with the SDSU loss. She should be use to it by now though, since SDSU beat Middle Tennessee two years ago. So it is not as if SDSU just came out of the blue and suprised the MTSU Blue Raiders. I'm sure that Georgia feels the same way about MTSU. :'(

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
                  Well here is an article about Middle Tennessee State and their attempt to get some recognition in women's basketball.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=2693442

Here is a quote from Chrissy Givens about SDSU

So how will the Blue Raiders, fresh off the win against Georgia, avoid a letdown when conference play begins against South Alabama on Thursday? The team's other loss this season, a 72-61 setback against South Dakota State that came three days after the Maryland game, taught them as much about focus as the games against the heavyweights did about their potential.

"Personally, I think we are a better ball team than South Dakota State, but when you don't come out there, and the other team is more fired up than you, you will lose," Givens said. "And that's what happened to us. We were flat and lethargic, and we really just never got into the game and they took it to us."
                  Well I guess Ms. Givens is still having a difficult time coping with the SDSU loss.  She should be use to it by now though, since SDSU beat Middle Tennessee two years ago.  So it is not as if SDSU just came out of the blue and suprised the MTSU Blue Raiders.  I'm sure that Georgia feels the same way about MTSU. :'(

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                  She should just keep fooling herself, thats what prevents you from succeeding, not admitting your weakness (our men's team?). Facts our facts, we win they lose. I think winning is better than losing. Isn't it?

Comment

Well I guess Ms. Givens is still having a difficult time coping with the SDSU loss.  She should be use to it by now though, since SDSU beat Middle Tennessee two years ago.  So it is not as if SDSU just came out of the blue and suprised the MTSU Blue Raiders.  I'm sure that Georgia feels the same way about MTSU. :'(

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                    We also beat South Dakota State in Brookings? last year.  Even though SDSU did beat Middle Tennessee in the past, we felt really good about the season with the narrow loss to the #1 team in America.  Having been at that game in person, I can attest that it was the sloppiest Middle Tennessee looked this season.  Taking really bad shots and just not hitting many shots and it's not because SDSU was applying pressure either.

SDSU beat us from the perimeter.  SDSU is probably the second best perimeter shooting team we've seen this year behind the Tennessee Lady Vols.  We've gotten much better since playing a much better game.  Our team is starting to come together more as a team.

South Dakota State is still looking nice having beaten some decent teams, but you also lost to Arkansas State.  They won't even be the toughest team we'll see in the Sun Belt, but I fully expect us to beat them by double digits.  I can't say that South Dakota State would beat us again if we played a second game this year, but you were definitely the better team that one night.

Miss Givens will probably be a 1st Round WNBA draft pick.  Does SDSU have any players with WNBA potential?

Comment

It's not about the players. It's about the team. Middle Tennessee State is now down in the series 2-1 I believe. Ever think that the reason it was sloppy was due to the defense? Surely that had nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by missile
                        It's not about the players.  It's about the team.  Middle Tennessee State is now down in the series 2-1 I believe.  Ever think that the reason it was sloppy was due to the defense?  Surely that had nothing to do with it.
                        Again, I was at the game and your ladies really didn't apply much defensively. We shot like 31%. That's not because of defense. That's because of poor shot selection.

Comment

72-61 FINAL.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by BlueRaiderPride
                            [quote author=missile link=1163265552/60#69 date=1166287875]It's not about the players. It's about the team. Middle Tennessee State is now down in the series 2-1 I believe. Ever think that the reason it was sloppy was due to the defense? Surely that had nothing to do with it.
                            Again, I was at the game and your ladies really didn't apply much defensively. We shot like 31%. That's not because of defense. That's because of poor shot selection.[/quote]

And, SDSU should be 9-1 instead of 8-2. It doesn't matter. The games are complete, the scores are in the books. Y'all say MTSU should have beaten SDSU, we say we should have beaten Arkansas State.

The word is out in women's college basketball that SDSU will bring it for 40 minutes. If you don't match their effort and physical play, you're going to get beat. Just talk to anyone in the Big XII or in the SEC, like I have.

Frankly, I'm rooting for the Blue Raiders (and all of SDSU's opponents) to be successful the rest of the year--for selfish reasons. It helps the RPI. So, good luck to the Middle Tennessee the rest of the year. We hope to see you down the road.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

[quote author=BlueRaiderPride link=1163265552/60#70 date=1166290998][quote author=missile link=1163265552/60#69 date=1166287875]It's not about the players.  It's about the team.  Middle Tennessee State is now down in the series 2-1 I believe.  Ever think that the reason it was sloppy was due to the defense?  Surely that had nothing to do with it.
                              Again, I was at the game and your ladies really didn't apply much defensively.  We shot like 31%.  That's not because of defense.  That's because of poor shot selection.[/quote]

And, SDSU should be 9-1 instead of 8-2.  It doesn't matter.  The games are complete, the scores are in the books.  Y'all say MTSU should have beaten SDSU, we say we should have beaten Arkansas State.  

The word is out in women's college basketball that SDSU will bring it for 40 minutes.  If you don't match their effort and physical play, you're going to get beat.  Just talk to anyone in the Big XII or in the SEC, like I have.

Frankly, I'm rooting for the Blue Raiders (and all of SDSU's opponents) to be successful the rest of the year--for selfish reasons.  It helps the RPI.  So, good luck to the Middle Tennessee the rest of the year.  We hope to see you down the road.[/quote]

I heard someone say that South Dakota State can't compete in the NCAA Women's Tournament regardless of record this year, but they never elaborated. Why is that? Schools like Middle Tennessee and South Dakota State making noise in the tournament could become the two programs that re-bridges the gap with the top of the nation.

Comment

Because of our provisional status in D-I, as we transition from D-II, we are not eligible for NCAA post season tournaments in Women's Basketball until the '08-'09 season. Until then we are looking to make noise in the WNIT.

Go State!

Comment

Working...
                                X