Usd gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Usd gdt

Sunny was 3-12 on shooting...this team will not win a game with our best post player shooting 25% and only making 3 shots. Simple as that..
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

The fact is that this game would have been a "good win" for whichever team won it. Props to USD for an impressive home comeback.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Our last three possessions in regulation were among the 10 worst possessions I've ever seen in basketball games. Completely unacceptable. We weren't within 25 feet of the basket until the shot clock or game clock was to eight seconds. To say I'm underwhelmed with our hoops teams is pretty accurate. The USD women are solid, but to totally piss away a lead like that because we played no offense and minimal defense is just pathetic.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Hegge is not the best at anything in particular but one has to concede she is a very effective player. I think she has excellent basketball sense and is a competitor. The Coyotes will have a huge roster hole to fill after this season.

Comment

Fair observation. She was brutal shooting, but did gather a bunch of boards.
            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
              Our last three possessions in regulation were among the 10 worst possessions I've ever seen in basketball games. Completely unacceptable. We weren't within 25 feet of the basket until the shot clock or game clock was to eight seconds. To say I'm underwhelmed with our hoops teams is pretty accurate. The USD women are solid, but to totally piss away a lead like that because we played no offense and minimal defense is just pathetic.
              You, Sir, need an attitude adjustment.

What brand of beer do you favor? (assuming you partake of the nectar of the gods) . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Post game interview with JJ will be Tara Heiser and Coach AJ. Heiser is articulate so we'll see what observations she has to make.

Comment

Fair observation. She was brutal shooting, but did gather a bunch of boards.
                  Agreed. But when she gets an offensive board it should be almost automatic to score. This year, for whatever reason, she has struggled in close. I like her as a player, but this has just been a rollercoaster season for her.

Comment

Looks like the rivalry is back. Thats about all I can say for now. Ryan Williams does a good job coaching even if JJ called him Ryan Wilson a few times.

Comment

I can be one to offer rash judgements, though basically only on sports-related issues. I will rephrase...I am underwhelmed with how our hoops teams have performed...in Vermillion. But I do think our last three possessions in regulation tonight were very bad. And I'm apt to drink just about any brand of beer that doesn't have the word light or lite at the end of it.

Comment

I'd like to say that the Jacks poor offensive performance was the most annoying thing about this game, but sadly it finishes a distant second to the USD radio announcer I listened to while watching the USD stream (just an FYI, I haven't complained about a commentator all year, and I have heard probably a dozen different opponent commentators this year).

I would be embarrassed if SDSU hired an announcer even half as bad as that guy. He was consistently wrong on communicating what was going on in the game, questioned the ref calls every time they went against USD even when the call was blatantly obvious, freaked out over minor happenings in the game, and had the most irritating catch phrase for every USD three pointer (DING! DING! DING! DING!).

...and yes, I know I could have turned the volume off, but I generally like sound to go along with the visual of the game.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

It is a shame that USD cannot play in the SL tournament this year. It would be great to see ORU, SDSU, and USD battle things out.

Jacks need to put this weekend of basketball behind them and move on...bigger fish to fry..

Comment

I can be one to offer rash judgements, though basically only on sports-related issues. I will rephrase...I am underwhelmed with how our hoops teams have performed...in Vermillion. But I do think our last three possessions in regulation tonight were very bad. And I'm apt to drink just about any brand of beer that doesn't have the word light or lite at the end of it.
                            Yah. Perspective is everything.

If you're going to the Summit League Tournament, drop me a PM. Something could possibly be arranged.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              You, Sir, need an attitude adjustment.

What brand of beer do you favor? (assuming you partake of the nectar of the gods) . . .

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                                It is a shame that USD cannot play in the SL tournament this year. It would be great to see ORU, SDSU, and USD battle things out.

Jacks need to put this weekend of basketball behind them and move on...bigger fish to fry..
                                I'd really like to see USD play their way into the WNIT and make some noise.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X