2011/2012 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011/2012 Roster

New Pictures up of 2011/2012 roster and numbers assigned to new players. I wished we could have landed a Juco point guard as we are very young and inexperienced at this position. http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...44&SPSID=64554
    A lot of size on this team!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      New Pictures up of 2011/2012 roster and numbers assigned to new players. I wished we could have landed a Juco point guard as we are very young and inexperienced at this position. http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...44&SPSID=64554
      A lot of size on this team!
      yes there is quite a lot of size!
      Great moments are born from great opportunities.
      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

It seems typical of the better programs to recruit players who have good size.Our opponent Marist this year for example has a 6'3' C/F,6'0 F,6'0"F,6'2"F,6'1"G/F and a 6'2"G/F.Their probable starters are probably 5'8" Yarde,6'2"Gang,5'4" PG Best,6'1" Danella and 6'0" Stallings,with top sub 6'2" G Beynnon.Just guessing the starting line up from last years starters.But yes,we are getting taller players and it will help when we play the teams like Marist.

Comment

Trying to generate a little discussion,one thing that's been driving me nuts from last years play is the very annoying habit the team seems to have of tipping the basketball instead of just as easily gaabbing the rebound and securing it.Tipping the ball should only happen if you aren't in a good enough position to grab the ball.Also,making great defensive plays on defense,forcing a miss , only to allow someone to easily slip in for an offensive rebound and put back for the basket.Might be nitpicking,but these are two things i hope the team improves on this year.

Little things like blocking out on the shot at the defensive basket can be the difference between a L or a W in a close game.The team that does these little things (fundamentals) throughout the year,greatly enhance their chances of winning games.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-02-2011, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Trying to generate a little discussion,one thing that's been driving me nuts from last years play is the very annoying habit the team seems to have of tipping the basketball instead of just as easily gaabbing the rebound and securing it.Tipping the ball should only happen if you aren't in a good enough position to grab the ball.Also,making great defensive plays on defense,forcing a miss , only to allow someone to easily slip in for an offensive rebound and put back for the basket.Might be nitpicking,but these are two things i hope the team improves on this year.
            I do recall some of those plays your are referencing and they are mildly annoying, but the big thing this team needs is to not be hovering around the 30 turnover mark every game. Plus, maybe the most irritating part about the turnovers the last couple years were that many of them led to incredibly easy baskets for the opposing team. It's one thing to turn the ball over under your own basket trying to make a play, but it's completely different when an outlet/backcourt pass gets picked off and guarantees the opposition points because the interceptor has nobody between her and the basket.

If the girls can stay between 10 and 15 turnovers a game, this can be a really, really good team, but if they are around 30ish, expect ORU to walk away with the regular season title again.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

I think we may have one of the best post combonitions with Lingle and Sunnarborg in the conference, not to metion the depth behind them.(Dietel, Strop, plus our freshman.) With the way we should to puond it in the middle or be hitting wide open threes all year. The point guard is th only question mark, but i think pollock hieser or boever will hopefully fill macies shoes at least partially. I think by mid season we may have those 5 person substitutions with the amount of depth we have.

Comment

" hitting wide open threes all year."

With Rachel Wolters....we will definitely be hitting wide open threes ALL YEAR LONG!
                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
                  " hitting wide open threes all year."

With Rachel Wolters....we will definitely be hitting wide open threes ALL YEAR LONG!
                  Hopefully you are right,but to expect that from a true freshman who has yet to play her first minute of Div.I basketball is asking a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Hopefully you are right,but to expect that from a true freshman who has yet to play her first minute of Div.I basketball is asking a lot.
                    I am a WHS grad from a number of years ago. My wife and I caught a few games back when Rachel was either freshman or soph. I beleive Edie had already given a verbal to state. I thought at that time Wolters game will translate well. She seemed to be a leader on the team even though one of the younger players. She made mistakes but they were mistakes trying to do something and to be aggressive. Her shot was usually pretty consistant and her summer team stats she usually played very well. She might not be as good of a pure shooter as Young was as a Freshman, but young got a lot of open 3s because of the talent around her. I see Wolters and others getting the chance to knock um down when they are gunning to stop Young and the post players. Usually The womens team has freshman that are able to step in and contribute, I think with this class, we will see them on the court making a difference.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

All I have to say is I watched her senior year of high school, and she's awesome. Yeah her confidence may be shaken because she's never played DI before, but after that, it's rainin threes
                      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        I am a WHS grad from a number of years ago. My wife and I caught a few games back when Rachel was either freshman or soph. I beleive Edie had already given a verbal to state. I thought at that time Wolters game will translate well. She seemed to be a leader on the team even though one of the younger players. She made mistakes but they were mistakes trying to do something and to be aggressive. Her shot was usually pretty consistant and her summer team stats she usually played very well. She might not be as good of a pure shooter as Young was as a Freshman, but young got a lot of open 3s because of the talent around her. I see Wolters and others getting the chance to knock um down when they are gunning to stop Young and the post players. Usually The womens team has freshman that are able to step in and contribute, I think with this class, we will see them on the court making a difference.
                        We need to remember that Jill had to sit for a year because of transferring,and had what was essentially a red-shirt year to get used to the pace of the college game.

Comment

We need to remember that Jill had to sit for a year because of transferring,and had what was essentially a red-shirt year to get used to the pace of the college game.
                          She actually redshirted because she transferred from Creighton. She was there for a week and knew it wasn't the right fit.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I think Jill would have been just fine coming in with out red shirting.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Maybe, but I'm sure glad she did have that extra year. We can surely use her this year!

Comment

Knowing the competitor that Jill is,I'm sure it was tough to sit out that year,but I would bet that she would admit that it made her more ready for the college game than if she would have come in directly out of high school.

Comment

Working...
                                X