2011/2012 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011/2012 Roster

This has to be the tallest team in SDSU team history with 8 players at 6'0 or taller.

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...44&SPSID=64554

Re: 2011/2012 Roster

Love the depth of this team,as well as the composition of this team with five gaurds,five forwards,two G/F's (in the mold of Megan Vogel ,one can only hope) and one center(Sunnorborg can play center or forward).Let the season begin already,I think the team will turn the corner this year and hopefully elevate thier game a notch this year.....(although they weren't too bad last year ,making the NCAA tournement three years running now).Should be able to sub without too much drop off once the freshmen get acclimated to the college game.Expect the juniors as well as sophs to show improvement and the seniors to lead the charge.Go Jacks!

Comment

Clearly agree with the size of this years team. My concern is where is our guard play going to come from? I like our numbers but I am struggling with just who will fill in that point guard spot? All that size and depth is great but we need someone to get the ball up the floor and get us into our offense. Especially against a team like Oral Roberts. We know we having shooting guards in Jill and Steph. Hopefully Boever can get it done at point.

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      This has to be the tallest team in SDSU team history with 8 players at 6'0 or taller.

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...44&SPSID=64554

Comment

Tara Heiser is definitely in the mix on who will play point guard this year. In fact, I suspect she may be ahead of Gabby at this point, but no solid evidence to back that up. There is no doubt IMO, that the play of the point guard is going to be especially important this year given the lack of experience at that position, and the relative strength of our wings and inside game.

Comment

Would have been nice to land an experienced juco point guard. Believe we were pursuing a couple of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
            Tara Heiser is definitely in the mix on who will play point guard this year. In fact, I suspect she may be ahead of Gabby at this point, but no solid evidence to back that up. There is no doubt IMO, that the play of the point guard is going to be especially important this year given the lack of experience at that position, and the relative strength of our wings and inside game.
            Agree 100%...though Gabby may be the point guard answer in due time, we need to remember that by the time the season rolls around in November it will have been 23 months since she last played in a real game.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Tara has looked fantastic at times and she could make a real difference if she can become a consistent player. I've heard a lot of good things about Gabby but Jacks1 is spot on, she hasn't played a game in 23 months. There has to be some serious rust there. I hope not but it is likely.

Anyone heard much on how players (Waytashek, Boever, Lingle, etc.) have recovered from injuries/surgeries over the last year?

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                One thing is certain, no one is going to out work Tara Heiser and she will do her best to fill whatever role she is asked to fill. I believe our best chance to win each night will be with Tara on the floor either at the point or 2 guard.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

not sure what others think, but I go Heiser, Young, Dietel, Sunny and Lingle as my starting 5.
                  Gabby, steph, Edie, Waytashek, Strop and the freshman coming in as subs.

I think this gives us a strong inside game which SDSU womens teams typically are tough to beat, and that opens up the outside game making shots for Jill a little easier and enought talent and experince coming off the bench. Over all I am excited to watch the freshman and see what they can do.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I feel Waytashek may get the nod over Dietel only because I think Waytashek gives us more of the true wing player we need. She has the length that will be needed to replace Rotert. I still see Dietel as more of a 4 and will definitely be one of the first ladies off the bench. It's not that Dietel isn't talented enough to start. I believe it just fits the mold better to have Waytashek out there, depending on how she is recovering from her injury. In the end, I put my trust in AJ in making the right decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanker87 View Post
                      I feel Waytashek may get the nod over Dietel only because I think Waytashek gives us more of the true wing player we need. She has the length that will be needed to replace Rotert. I still see Dietel as more of a 4 and will definitely be one of the first ladies off the bench. It's not that Dietel isn't talented enough to start. I believe it just fits the mold better to have Waytashek out there, depending on how she is recovering from her injury. In the end, I put my trust in AJ in making the right decision.
                      That was the one I wasnt 50/50 on. I went With dietel just for that she plays more in the post, I feel that will be AJs emphsis this year with rotert gone. Change a little more to an inside out game plan. utilize the post since we have the depth there now. I could see it going either way. Dietel would be good to come off the bench to if lingle or sunny get into foul trouble. which more then likly will happen.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanker87 View Post
                        You would also have to wonder if Dietel is quick enough to guard the more athletic 3's that the better teams would have.

Comment

I just hope Dietel and Waytashek can stay healthy. It just seems like we haven't gotten a chance to see either of them at their full potential to this point.

The great news for the team is that there are options that work in different situations and the bench will be deep so our opponents can expect to run for the full 40 minutes.

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I wonder if any of the incoming freshman will redshirt?

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. It would probably be in our best interest to do so. Do we have the depth to redshirt all three?...or at least two of the three? Which ones should be redshirted?

Comment

Working...
                              X