This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Recruiting

Elli Thompson looks like a good get. She has been exposed to some stiff competition since her freshman year. While some of her statistics both on the high school team and in the summer with the Minnesota Fury have been inconsistant, she is still only a junior this year. It will be interesting to see her develop. Very good GPA, so she should fit in well at State and has been a very good shooter from the line. Here is a brief description of her talents from BlueStarMedia, a top web site for evaluating basketball talent.

The Minnesota Fury 2014 Blue team won their side of the Lake Nokomis Division but dropped the final against a very balanced Lakes Elite squad. The Fury has a couple of 2014’s that will make you take a second look. Versatile forwards Kylie Brown and Ellie Thompson both have diverse skill sets that allow them to operate effectively away from the rim or while navigating the paint. Brown stands 6-2 and Thompson is pushing 6-1 but both have the agility and speed to be a factor both in transition or the halfcourt.

Minnesota Hoops has her listed as one of the top post players in Minnesota.

Comment

So through 2014-15, our roster would look something like this.....

1) Megan Wayteshek
      2) Rachel Walters
      3) Mariah Clarin
      4) Gabrielle Boever
      5) Megan Stuart
      6) Chloe Cornemann
      7) Jess Hart
      8) Tiffanny Flaata (V)
      9) Clarissa Ober (V)
      10) Chynna Stevens (V)
      11) Macy Miller (V)
      12) Kerri Young (V)
      13) Ellie Thompson (V)
      14) Kaitlyn Severyn (V)

.... time to move on to 2015 recruiting, just amazing!!
      Last edited by NebraskaJack; 09-06-2012, 10:39 AM. Reason: Severyn added through original omission

Comment

What class is Severyn then? I thought she was 2014-2015 along with Macy Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          What class is Severyn then? I thought she was 2014-2015 along with Macy Miller.
          I think you are right, she is listed as a junior this year on the Pierre volleyball roster on the SDHSAA site. So the question is, do I have one of the other ones wrong, or is one of them not on scholarship because that would push the count to 14.

Or do we get a scholarship exemption to 14 due to Waytashek's medical redshirt skewing the count?

Comment

I think your list is right,except for the exclusion of kaitlyn Severyn.I have a kind of scholarship list and that's what i have,if mines right.We are allowed 15 scholarships max.The season 2014-2015 would be the senior year for Waytashek,Boever, Stuart,Clarin,Walters.

Comment

I think your list is right,except for the exclusion of kaitlyn Severyn.I have a kind of scholarship list and that's what i have,if mines right.We are allowed 15 scholarships max.
              I believe the extra scholarship is in this year's class - we have 4 seniors on the roster,and currently have 3 commits from the 2013 class.

Comment

I think your list is right,except for the exclusion of kaitlyn Severyn.I have a kind of scholarship list and that's what i have,if mines right.We are allowed 15 scholarships max.The season 2014-2015 would be the senior year for Waytashek,Boever, Stuart,Clarin,Walters.
                That answers it, I was thinking it was only 13 scholarships.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  I believe the extra scholarship is in this year's class - we have 4 seniors on the roster,and currently have 3 commits from the 2013 class.
                  I think next years commits are Tiffany Flaata, Clarissa Ober, Chynna Stevens and Kerri Young unless I am off by a year on one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                    I think next years commits are Tiffany Flaata, Clarissa Ober, Chynna Stevens and Kerri Young unless I am off by a year on one of them.
                    I have next season as fr the same group too.(that's the basketball season of 2013-2014 ,for added clarity)

Also,(hope i did my list right) i've got us at 13 on the roster for the season of 2012-2013 and the next season,2013-2014,and then we go to 14 on the roster in the 2014-2015 season,the last one added being the most recent commit Ellie Thompson.

Steph Paluch will change this if she redshirts or not .If she does,we will only have 12 players this year,and 14 the next.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-06-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

TerryV. re-tweeted this: "@TerryVandrovec: RT @gPrep: Champlin Park's Alexis Alexander verbals SDSU. The 5'7" 2014 G plays for North Tartan's top team."

Comment

That tweet came with a pic: http://t.co/zoz9CbRx

Also probably explains AJ's "Good day to be a Jackrabbit" tweet last night.

Comment

The Minnesota connection keeps on producing. She is listed as a 3-star prospect at ESPN (http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls.../2014/state/mn) and is listed as the #22 prospect in MN at this website (http://minnesotahoops.blogspot.com/2...ngs-2014s.html).

Comment

All the sudden the Jacks are flush with guards.

Steph will be back next year, Tara is a Jr, Gabby a Soph and Chloe a Fr. Bringing in another point for 2014 should bolster those ranks even more. No end in sight for this teams dominance.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              The Minnesota connection keeps on producing. She is listed as a 3-star prospect at ESPN (http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls.../2014/state/mn) and is listed as the #22 prospect in MN at this website (http://minnesotahoops.blogspot.com/2...ngs-2014s.html).
                              I see Elle Thompson is at #7 on that list.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                Comments on the ESPN page make her sound like a classic Jackrabbit: "Young prospect with a solid feel for the game. Can make open shots from the perimeter. Not looking to do a lot in one-on-one situations." "As good of a person as she is a player. Whoever lands her will have a great locker room presence."

Comment

Working...
                                X