This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Recruiting

Per TV's tweet today we have our first 2014 verbal. Kaitlyn Severyn of Pierre has recently given her verbal commitment. She's a 5-8 guard.

I believe the men's team has also offered her brother (along with another kid from Pierre) but I believe there was issues with him and/or his teammate being dismissed from their HS team.

Re: 2014 Recruiting

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Per TV's tweet today we have our first 2014 verbal. Kaitlyn Severyn of Pierre has recently given her verbal commitment. She's a 5-8 guard.

I believe the men's team has also offered her brother (along with another kid from Pierre) but I believe there was issues with him and/or his teammate being dismissed from their HS team.
    Layne, Kaitlyn's brother, has not been dismissed from the team. The one that was dismissed was Josh Monroy. As far as I know, SDSU is still actively recruiting both Layne and Zach Hanson, both upcoming juniors.

Comment

At first I thought this article was going to say Layne when i saw the headline. I didnt know we were recruiting her. never hurts to get early recruits, which some time leads to other jumping on board early too.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        At first I thought this article was going to say Layne when i saw the headline. I didnt know we were recruiting her. never hurts to get early recruits, which some time leads to other jumping on board early too.
        She's played varsity the last two years. Granted the Pierre girls' team has been down the last couple of years, including not winning a game this past year, but she's a good get for SDSU and has some raw talent. She still needs some work but she's only a will be sophomore.

This may help the men recruiting Layne

Comment

I trust AJ to make any decision for the school but to be getting commitments from kids that far in advance is just a lot for me to put my arms around. It is a risky proposition to say the least. A lot can change in three years of high school that are both good and bad. Obviously, they feel she has tremendous upside potential to be throwing out the offer. If they wait, they could lose her to a bigger conference program. I guess its the way the recruiting game is played these days.

Congrats to Kaitlyn on making a great decision on her future!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

From today's KGFX news:

Kaitlyn Severyn, who will be a sophomore next season for the Pierre Lady Governor basketball team gave a verbal commitment Thursday to play her collegiate basketball at South Dakota State. The 5'10" Severyn - whose dad, Shane, played football for the Jackrabbits - has played two years of varsity basketball, earning all-ESD honors last year as a freshman.
            When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Pierre sophomore, Kaitlyn Severyn, is now listed at 6'0" on Pierre's volleyball roster.
              When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                I trust AJ to make any decision for the school but to be getting commitments from kids that far in advance is just a lot for me to put my arms around. It is a risky proposition to say the least. A lot can change in three years of high school that are both good and bad. Obviously, they feel she has tremendous upside potential to be throwing out the offer. If they wait, they could lose her to a bigger conference program. I guess its the way the recruiting game is played these days.

Congrats to Kaitlyn on making a great decision on her future!

SUPERBUNNY
                I can understand this thought, but have to say I'm pretty high on the ability of A. J. and crew to spot a good one and land that person early if possible. I don't want another Sam Ostorello situation, where the player hangs around and then makes a last minute change before verballing to the Jacks. Welcome aboard, Kaitlyn, I look forward to having you on our team in 2014-2017!!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

I have had the opportunity to travel to Pierre to watch Kaitlyn Severyn on a couple different occassions. She is one of the most athletic young ladies I have had the privilege to watch. She is quick, agile, a great leaper/rebounder, a good passer, a good defender, sees the court well but........is a terrible shooter. Last game I saw her play she was 3-19 from the field. Has poor rotation on her shot and kind of snaps the shot with extreme/exaggerated follow through. Someone really needs to work with her to improve her shot or I really don't think she will be a good fit for the Jacks. Granted.....she IS only a soph. Just my observation.

Comment

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
                    I have had the opportunity to travel to Pierre to watch Kaitlyn Severyn on a couple different occassions. She is one of the most athletic young ladies I have had the privilege to watch. She is quick, agile, a great leaper/rebounder, a good passer, a good defender, sees the court well but........is a terrible shooter. Last game I saw her play she was 3-19 from the field. Has poor rotation on her shot and kind of snaps the shot with extreme/exaggerated follow through. Someone really needs to work with her to improve her shot or I really don't think she will be a good fit for the Jacks. Granted.....she IS only a soph. Just my observation.

Well, at least on FTs, you may have to re-assess. From Pierre Capital Journal report on Friday night's game: "Kaitlyn Severyn would prove to be nearly automatic from the charity stripe, hitting 9-of-10 free throws and icing the game with a few of them."

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      Well, at least on FTs, you may have to re-assess. From Pierre Capital Journal report on Friday night's game: "Kaitlyn Severyn would prove to be nearly automatic from the charity stripe, hitting 9-of-10 free throws and icing the game with a few of them."
                      She has been hitting her free throws and that's where I really noticed the poor rotation on her shot. I know, I know...her free throws have been going in but she has trouble from the field for whatever reason. Just saying that has been my observation the few times I've seen her play.

Comment

According to the Mitchell Daily Republic, Pierre's Kaitlyn Severyn went 1-7 from the field last night against Mitchell. She had no free throw attempts. I see where she did have 9 rebounds though.
                        Last edited by 67jack; 02-01-2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

any post player names being thrown around out there? i would think it's a top priority.

Comment

Ellie Thompson a 6-1 post from Chaska MN verballed according to MN Fury Coach Nick Scott.(TV tweet)

Comment

This is a great Verbal. Excited to see her at SDSU.

Comment

Working...
                              X