Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IPFW Game Day Thread

Lame. We'll...get em...next time?
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
      Classic...how many "L's" is that at home this season??????????????????????????

This will be my last post one this thread...any other's may not come off so well.

Go Jacks!!
      Five.

I think Tyler said on the radio that they had six home losses in the last six years combined

Comment

Kayla Drake had 27 points, 10 steals, and 8 rebounds. Wow! When's the last time someone had a double-double (non rebound) against the SDSU women?

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          Final 70 67 elephants. Great defense for the first ten minutes but couldnt buy a basket. let the dons back in it. cant really say much because I'm really disappointed in the Jacks. Not playing D 1 ball right now. Every thing about SDSU is not D 1 right now. Pep bands don't take weeknights, weekends, holidays, or breaks off. they are at the game., if they were there tonight I couldn't tell. Same with cheerleaders, same with students, fans were kinda good. except when needed. If it wasn't a 920 mile drive one way, I would be there every game. not jumping off the bandwagon but really frustrated.
          Could not believe the lack of noise from the crowd when the Dons shot those 4 free throws late in overtime when the game was in doubt

Comment

This game makes three teams we've lost to at home ,ORU, NDSU , and now IPFW.Last yr., ORU was the first Summit team to sweep the season series I believe, this yr it could be three teams .If we don't win against Oakland at home Mon., four teams will be up on us a game and we have to win against each one of them at their home gym to gain a split...........not good!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Could not believe the lack of noise from the crowd
              Really? That's all we've talked about around here for a year. Yes, it is very distressing.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I have a question. And maybe I'm an idiot when it comes to basketball... But why in the world wouldn't you have someone guarding the inbounds pass at the base line?!?!?!
                I know it was Y ball when I last played... But this seems very fundamental.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  I have a question. And maybe I'm an idiot when it comes to basketball... But why in the world wouldn't you have someone guarding the inbounds pass at the base line?!?!?!
                  Right now they can't even break the press when they have the ball, you expect them to know how to run the press when they don't have the ball?

Comment

When SDSU got IPFW to mess up that inbound to send the game to OT, Eide was guarding the inbounder. I'm not sure what the science was behind guarding the inbounder and not.

SDSU had a 57-52 lead with 3:23 left and loses the game. Unreal.

Comment

First, before the question. OUCH! This one hurt. That's a team we absolutely, positively must beat at home. OUCH again!

My questions is. Seconds left in the game and we need a three. why was Jill Young setting on the bench?

Lets rebound from the this Ladies and get a win Monday.

GBGBGJ

Comment

This team needs to bounce back and pull off a good old "kerblastification" on a good Oakland team Mon. to show everyone in the conference they can play with passion and fire and have got it together now.That's what they need,hope that's what we get Mon.

We need Lingle and Sunnarborg tearing them up on the inside with Strop/Dietel crashing the boards for rebounds and put backs on their misses.This gives you a lot of height inside and a lot more consistency in scoring.We've got height, why not use it.Only downside is the two gaurds have to control the ball without turnovers.Don't know if we 've got two that can do that.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-23-2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I hate to swim against the current here...but,...I was at the game and there were moments when the Jackrabbits played quite well. This team has some shortcomings, no doubt about that. Some of those shortcomings are intangible -- a lack of chemistry may be descriptive. But, there were times last night when a little chemistry was going on.

This season is a real challenge for the coaches. There's still a reasonable chance that by the League Tourney, we could be playing well.

Comment

had this on the men's thread repost it here.

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Theee Catrabbit
                            Why? It appears they don't listen to anything he says.

What can he say, these girls are beyond the yelling sessions, their beyond the bust the gut all out practice sessions. They need some deep down soul searching and need to decide if they are going to be embarrassed the rest of the season by the teams they used to control with ease or if they are going to dig deep and start to think about what they are doing on the court and quit being the dogs and become the masters again. They need to slow down and start to think about things. They need to open their eyes, see the whole court and where they are at on it. It's like they have tunnel vision and only see the player they are supposed to pass the ball to or who has the open shot. Teams like ORU see the court, they anticipate the next pass and more than likely they intercept it. They see the dribble and usually steal it.
                            Right now the Jacks dont see anything it seems escially the basket. Put the ball up, quit all the unnecissary passes and just shoot the dang ball and hope it goes in the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              This team needs to bounce back and pull off a good old "kerblastification" on a good Oakland team Mon. to show everyone in the conference they can play with passion and fire and have got it together now.That's what they need,hope that's what we get Mon.

We need Lingle and Sunnarborg tearing them up on the inside with Strop/Dietel crashing the boards for rebounds and put backs on their misses.This gives you a lot of height inside and a lot more consistency in scoring.We've got height, why not use it.Only downside is the two gaurds have to control the ball without turnovers.Don't know if we 've got two that can do that.

This team isn't "kerblastificating" anyone this year other than Centenary. We should just hope to not get "kerblastificated" Monday ourselves. It would not surprise me as I'm fairly certain Oakland(especially their coach) has been waiting for their chance at this for a long, long time.

That's right...I did say I wasn't commenting in the thread...I guess I just couldn't resist this one.

Go Jacks!!
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                I hate to swim against the current here...but,...I was at the game and there were moments when the Jackrabbits played quite well. This team has some shortcomings, no doubt about that. Some of those shortcomings are intangible -- a lack of chemistry may be descriptive. But, there were times last night when a little chemistry was going on.

This season is a real challenge for the coaches. There's still a reasonable chance that by the League Tourney, we could be playing well.
                                Sorry JackJD but I disagree. I was with some friends last night who graduated in May and this was their first game they have seen this year. They could not believe that the team has slipped this much this fast. Even if there are new players playing from previous years there is no leadership this year. Rotert looks like she has lost all passion and a step or two over her previous form, we turn the ball over in bunches, and have no sense of urgency. I am just so dissapointed in our upperclassmen. It has been fun watching them compete for the past 2 or 3 years, but with the exception of Sunny and ocassionaly Jill they are running from the spotlight this year.
                                There is still a chance that they can jell, limit the turnovers, and AJ can find a set rotation, but that is asking a lot out of team that has only shown short glimpses of being the team of old. AJ last night looked as frusterated as I have ever seen him. Hopefully it gets figured out before the tournament! Go Jacks!
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X