X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
    going to the 8th tied at 3
    YES YES totally different announcer

UH getting plenty of help from the umps. totally different strike zone for Grace than the UH pitcher
    i am not gonna make a big thing about the umps and / or re hash a bunch a calls.

the Jacks DEFINITELY should have found a way to get the one more run, but every close or questionable call DID GO in favor of the lady cougars

I guess i would say losing to a team quite a bit lower in RPI is disappointing (especially with the early lead) but overall it was a decent first day. the jacks hit a lot of balls hard that did not find holes today. if they keep that up, things should probably work out

now they head from Houston to Huntsville

2 more games tomorrow afternoon and one at 10am Sunday morning

GO RABBITS!!!

Comment

I don't know squat abouts the ins and outs of softball. I picked up watching the team last spring, and I must say it is fun. I really like the radio call when it is available too. 2-0 would have been great, 0-2 would have blown goats, but 1-1 is a ok outcome. Even though they should have won that one. IDK, just a newbie here, I will try my best to go and watch this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        I don't know squat abouts the ins and outs of softball. I picked up watching the team last spring, and I must say it is fun. I really like the radio call when it is available too. 2-0 would have been great, 0-2 would have blown goats, but 1-1 is a ok outcome. Even though they should have won that one. IDK, just a newbie here, I will try my best to go and watch this spring.
        I agree and you kinda woulda thought if we would be 1-1 that the loss would have been to the huskers but it was nice to get the win over them!

You could definitely see it is early and they did not have everything clicking, but they still did plenty of good stuff. they should have a shot to get 2 Ws tomorrow, hopefully the will. unfortunately from what i can see there is no way to watch tomorrow or Sunday

I will say i was a little disappointed that none of the incoming recruits really played. I thought with 1b, LF, and DH open from last year maybe one of them would be ready to step in and take a starting job. obviously lots of games to go, maybe somebody will be ready to make a contribution soon

Comment

Jacks defeat UTSA 3-2 and SHSU 2-0 today.

They'll play Northwestern State tomorrow at 10am CT.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
            Jacks defeat UTSA 3-2 and SHSU 2-0 today.

They'll play Northwestern State tomorrow at 10am CT.
            it stinks that there is no way to watch these games. also, at least for the UTSA game the in game live stats did not work

apparently TK threw a no hitter in the sam houston game. 1 walk and 1 hit batter. 9 Ks in a 7 inning no hitter

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

it stinks that there is no way to watch these games. also, at least for the UTSA game the in game live stats did not work

apparently TK threw a no hitter in the sam houston game. 1 walk and 1 hit batter. 9 Ks in a 7 inning no hitter
              They have a unique upcoming schedule too:
              • 2/15 doublehader vs. SFA
              • 2/17 vs. NMSU
              • 2/17, 2/18, and 2/19 vs. Texas State
              • 2/18 vs. ACU
              Looks like the 2/17-2/19 "Texas State Tournament" essentially consists of a trio of Texas State games with an occasional sprinkling of Aggie and Wildcat.

Comment

Jacks win again this morning and go 4-1 on the weekend! Dominant pitching and defense, including the 6th career no-hitter for Kniesche. Slow start for the offense, but only a matter of time before they start to heat up. Starters seem to be established, but Coach McSweeney did switch the lineup around a bit.

Coming into the season, I think we all knew SDSU has two stud pitchers in Kniesche and Glanzer. However, newcomer Shannon Lasley started two games pitching 11 innings, with 12 strikeouts, and 0 runs allowed. She doesn't need to be dominant, but another reliable pitcher would be a really great addition.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

They have a unique upcoming schedule too:
                  • 2/15 doublehader vs. SFA
                  • 2/17 vs. NMSU
                  • 2/17, 2/18, and 2/19 vs. Texas State
                  • 2/18 vs. ACU
                  Looks like the 2/17-2/19 "Texas State Tournament" essentially consists of a trio of Texas State games with an occasional sprinkling of Aggie and Wildcat.
                  Yeah every game we have played so far is in some type of tournament ( a classic or an invitational) The Houston Invitational is actually scheduled from thursday until today. i think there might have been 8 teams included, but only Houston and Lamar were there the whole time (I think?)

TX St will be the other best team at that tourney next weekend so it is good we get multiple games with them. preseason RPI, Jacks 48 and TX St 50. we will see what happens when the next RPI comes out. i guess the jacks drop a bit with the loss to UH, but maybe a win over the huskers and a 4-1 start negate the extra inning loss???

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                    Jacks win again this morning and go 4-1 on the weekend! Dominant pitching and defense, including the 6th career no-hitter for Kniesche. Slow start for the offense, but only a matter of time before they start to heat up. Starters seem to be established, but Coach McSweeney did switch the lineup around a bit.

Coming into the season, I think we all knew SDSU has two stud pitchers in Kniesche and Glanzer. However, newcomer Shannon Lasley started two games pitching 11 innings, with 12 strikeouts, and 0 runs allowed. She doesn't need to be dominant, but another reliable pitcher would be a really great addition.

of course, unfortunately, we could not see the games yesterday and today, but in the two games on Friday, i would say both Rozelyn and Jocelyn hit the ball well multiple times and got nothing to show for it. In the UH game Roz hit the ball well every AB. i cannot remember for sure but she had either 1 or 0 hits in that game.

hopefully you are correct about the offense warming up (and I think you are), because right now it is pretty much 4 people doing the damage. and yes the batting order has changed a few times already but i think only 10 girls have gotten ABs so far and it is ONLY returning players. i was really hoping that one or two of the new girls would be able to have some impact on the offense. hopefully somebody will step up soon.

and having more than 2 pitchers is very helpful. obviously most of the season you play 4 games every weekend. TK and Grace have proven they are very capable of pitching at a very high level, going 2 games each, or a little more if needed, in a 4 game weekend, but it will be nice, if they dont absolutely have to do that!! and this week we play 7 games from wednesday to sunday

Comment

We get a lot of solo HR's it seems. Need more speed to get extra bases too ( in the future?) so we don't strand players on third, or someone who can get hot punching in good RBI singles? Anyway, it would be nice to pad the runs scored stat a little by getting people on base to take full advantage of the HR's. In a perfect world anyway... need to grind out runs as best possible and experience less one run losses. Recruiting players to balance it all is tough I know, we will eventually i think, but are fortunate enough to have great players NOW. Very good start to the season , no real complaints, very promising in fact. Keep up the good effort ladies.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-12-2023, 07:11 PM.

Comment

GoJacks softball web site has live stats for game today and I-35 tournament the 17th thru 19th for those interested in following along or catching up later on scores, stats .

Comment

Grace must be injured? She hasn't pitched since the Houston game on Friday

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                            Grace must be injured? She hasn't pitched since the Houston game on Friday
                            she did also pitch 3 innings on Saturday. giving up 3 runs and a total of 5 hits and walks combined (i cant remember which one was 3 and which was 2)
                            given that unGracelike performance and not pitching yesterday, you could be on to something. obviously we will find out this weekend as the jacks have 5 games in 3 days again, just like last weekend

it was a successful jacks debut for Alexa Williams yesterday going 5+ innings, with only 1 earned run and a whip under 1. unfortunately, the 1 run was the game winner for SFA after she came in and pitched 5 shutout innings to begin her rabbits career

obviously 7 games is a small sample size, and the jacks are 5 and 2 despite concerning stats, but 7 games is not far from 20% of our game totals from the last two seasons, so i dont think the stats should be completely dismissed

dont want to be too alarmed and definitely believing in the talent or the returning players!!! so i hope the offense will start to look more like it has the last two years, even without very good production that was lost with Cylie, Peyton, and Kelsey, there are still several girls here who have had double digit HR seasons as well as lots of other incredible offensive stats

i would say i did NOT like hearing the ESPN announcer for the houston game mention multiple times that the jacks plan this year was to score in multiple ways and not be so reliant on power. i am all for having the ability to bunt and situatioinal hit!! but i see zero problem in being a power hitting team when you are doing it while also putting up amazing batting average, on base, and ops numbers

Comment

it DOES seem that there must be something wrong with Grace.

Lasey is pitching the first game today after also pitching on wednesday, when Grace did not.
                              Lasey has settled down after giving up a run in each of the first two innings, including a HR. she has now made it through 5 innings, without any more scoring from NMSU

the jacks scored one in the 3rd on a sac from Roz
                              they tied it in the 5th and last i checked batting with 2 out and runners on 1st and 3rd

the offense is still looking sluggish. they gotta get it going. too many hitters on this team with too much record of success

end of 5, 2 to 2

Comment

BTW Lasey also has 10 Ks through 5 innings

Comment

Working...
                                X