X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

winner at 2pm will take the first spot in the championship game tomorrow at 10am and be sitting in the driver seat

loser at 2 will play again tonight

winner of final game tonight advances to tomorrow and would need to win 2x to be champs

R Carillo had good at bats, especially in the first inning with at least 4 foul balls, but ended up 0 for 3 and ended her hitting streak at 24 consecutive games, hopefully she starts a new streak with multiple hits against ndsu

her sister Jocelyn was by far the most dangerous bat of the day for the jacks. only batter not to get up 3x. batting 9th and the final out of the 6th was the 8th batter and the jacks did not need their swings in the 7th. Jocelyn had the grand slam to put the jacks up 5 to 1. she missed another homer, would have been a 2 run shot in the 3rd inning, by 3 feet at the most!

omaha was losing 0-1 to usd in the first elim game. it was in the 3rd inning last i checked
    Thanks for laying out the whole scenario,LetsGo, we are in the drivers seat.Woohoo !!

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    two questions

1. does anyone know the reason that the number one seed is not the home team throughout the tournament? i was very surprised to see ndsu batting in the bottom of the inning

2. does somebody know what exactly the strike zone is supposed to be in ncaa womens softball?

tori had a one hitter and a VERY good game! but she probably would have thrown a no hitter and been nearly untouchable if the ump was not squeezing her on the top of the zone. to me these are the games that Tori has the most trouble. when she gets an ump who has a tight zone on the top, she is much more vulnerable and has to work WAY WAY harder

seems like that would be a good thing for the staff to try to know when they are deciding which of their two stud pitchers will start which game. if they know there is an ump with a tight top of the strike zone, those would be the games to let Grace start

Tori pitches in and out and high and higher. she does not throw a change, or at least not one that is consistently good. obviously based on Ks and ERA and wins and losses, she can be successful regardless of the ump, but when they do not give her the high strike she has to work so much harder. that is what happened in last year regional against arkansas. the ump would NOT give her the high strike. arkansas was patient on the in and out and they could foul off the lower strikes until they walked or hit something hard

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Win and everyone will have 1 loss right? Except us.
    winner at 2pm will take the first spot in the championship game tomorrow at 10am and be sitting in the driver seat

loser at 2 will play again tonight

winner of final game tonight advances to tomorrow and would need to win 2x to be champs

R Carillo had good at bats, especially in the first inning with at least 4 foul balls, but ended up 0 for 3 and ended her hitting streak at 24 consecutive games, hopefully she starts a new streak with multiple hits against ndsu

her sister Jocelyn was by far the most dangerous bat of the day for the jacks. only batter not to get up 3x. batting 9th and the final out of the 6th was the 8th batter and the jacks did not need their swings in the 7th. Jocelyn had the grand slam to put the jacks up 5 to 1. she missed another homer, would have been a 2 run shot in the 3rd inning, by 3 feet at the most!

omaha was losing 0-1 to usd in the first elim game. it was in the 3rd inning last i checked

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Win and everyone will have 1 loss right? Except us.

Leave a comment:

• GoJacks2011
    replied
    Good win after a few days of delays and constant changes in plans. That’s not easy. NDSU at 2 pm next.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Jacks win 5- 3

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    5-3 Jacks, USD scores two Really windy yet today.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    5th inning, jacks 5- 1

Leave a comment:

• GoJacks2011
    replied
    Free stream of USD vs. SDSU. Jacks were down 1-0 but just scored 5 runs in the 4th thanks to a grand slam. https://thesummitleague.org/watch/de...1439&path=conf

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
    hopefully Midco will be back on board for the games tomorrow
    the omaha vs ndsu game is not on tv, as far as i can find
    ndsu is up 1-0 after 3 innings. they already have 3 hits and a walk off of Meyer
    All the games are being live-streamed for free on the USD athletics website.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    my bad. Meyer gave up 8 hits 1 walk. 9ks limited the damage well only a run in the 3rd and another in the fourth but no support from the offense
    she has 6 losses on the year now and 2 of them are to the jacks

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    #2 seed omaha goes to the loser bracket
    ndsu 2-0
    Meyer was good not great. gave up 8 hits but i think did have 8Ks, but the offense was never able to do much. i am not sure they ever had even 2 on base in any inning

jacks and usd at 9am tomorrow morning. we will see how everyone reacts to an unusually early start time

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    still 2-0 ndsu going into the 7th inning
    bison have 7 hits off of meyer. have batters 9, 1, and 2 coming up in the 7th. the 9 batter has 2 hits already

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    2nd ndsu batter of the 4th inning hits a solo HR off of Meyer
    ndsu ahead 2-0

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    hopefully Midco will be back on board for the games tomorrow
    the omaha vs ndsu game is not on tv, as far as i can find
    ndsu is up 1-0 after 3 innings. they already have 3 hits and a walk off of Meyer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X