Clear All

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    This is...interesting.

https://twitter.com/GoJacksSB/status...2EkDt2xrw&s=19

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    YES it is!! i guess i was commenting on that when you posted this
    obviously i have already explained it a couple times. by most arguments she would be ranked 3rd out of 3 very very good candidates, but there is a very clear path to seeing her win this

beyond POY Rozelyn also won the first ever Defensive POY Congratulations
    but now that i have looked at the whole list it is pretty confusing
    There is definitely NOT a requirement for representation for EVERY team because there is nobody from WIU on either 1st or 2nd team, but still somehow Moore from UND is first team and Culver, Dumont, and Lenox are not on either team
    and i would not argue for them all to be on. my initial guess was 7 jacks and that is how many made it. but L Culver really got a raw deal. she was first team last year and posted nearly identical stats this year. and had a couple different stretches this year where she totally carried the offense, but somehow did not make either team

that has to be due to some type of positional requirement or at least thinking about positions,, I GUESS?? but Culver was a top 10 player in the conference no matter what way you look at it and did not make the team
    yet somehow Moore who was borderline top 30 made first team
    and why in the world does usd have 7 total on all conference 2 first team and 5 second team??
    UNO was 2nd in the conference and has 4
    ndsu was 3rd has 5
    and even for the jacks J Carillo made second team. she was first team last year and still has been very good this year!! and i believe she is deserving but NOT OVER other of her teammates beginning with Culver. Lindsay posted almost identical stats to last year while Jocelyn had severe drops in average, on base, slugging, and homeruns. her slugging dropped nearly 400 points!!

truly winning and post season success are far more important than these awards!! but it would be nice for them to make some sense

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    WELL, i guess that answers that. Grace is the pitcher of the year!! congratulations!!
    but that would CLEARLY indicate that the awards are weighted quite heavily to performance in conference games
    going off that grace is absolutely deserving!! she had quite significantly the best ERA in conference games and won more games than anyone!!
    the fact is that there are 3 really excellent pitchers in the conference! if you look at whole season stats then grace probably rates 3rd, but there is a definite argument for her winning this award
    Congrats to Grace and to Rozelyn for POY and to all the rabbits and other players recognized!! now lets get on to the more important business of going to the world series!

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied
    This is...interesting.

https://twitter.com/GoJacksSB/status...2EkDt2xrw&s=19

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Project-Badass
    replied
    I would guess conference performance factors in somehow, but isn't a determining factor. Omaha did play a weaker schedule than SDSU, but they're pretty comparable overall.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    badass, do you know, or does anyone know, do they give any weight at all to conference games in choosing post season awards and all conference teams?? my guess is that they do not and i am totally fine with Meyer winning pitcher of the year! she has been unbelievable!!! and is beyond deserving!!
    i would, however, be mildly disappointed if she wins POY.

BUT... if it is supposed to be weighted at all toward conference games both Tori and Grace have better ERA than Meyer, and grace has a significantly better win total. i think Meyer still led the conference in Ks but probably not by much over Tori

any idea Why Meyer had so much more DOMINANT statistics in the OOC games?? did they play a weak schedule? i do think Tori took a little time to get really rolling this year. she was still very good pre conference but not dominating and significantly behind Meyer statistically

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    I did not give much thought to a pitcher getting POY, but you could definitely be correct!!
    if they called it MVP you would have to think it is her. they have some very good players but there is definitely not another player in the conference who carries so much responsibility for their team winning!

i am still going to go with Rozelyn but i will not be surprised at all if you are right

after i posted i did find past all conference teams on the summit league site. seeing that, i actually think the jacks will have more make it this year than last. i am not sure that their best players have been quite as dominant as they were last year, but i think they are getting excellent contributions from even more players than they were last year
    and while some players are a little down stats wise from last year, others have improved

seeing now many make it, i think it is possible the jacks have 11 players make one of the all conference teams

Leave a comment:

• Project-Badass
    replied
    There is only a First and Second Team for awards. Each team has 14 players, so one player for each position plus an extra pitcher, DP, and three alternates.

I'd guess that Meyer will win Player of the Year and Pitcher of the Year. For as great as Tori was this year, Meyer was even better. She makes Omaha a really tough team to beat.

SDSU had 8 players on the First Team last year. That probably won't happen again, but 7 or 8 total on both teams seems likely in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    started a topic Postseason 2022

Postseason 2022

SLT is set
    It is the same six teams as last season and the same matchups. i am not positive all the seeds are the same but they might be
    two playin games on wednesday and the top two seeds SDSU and Omaha wait to face the winners on Thursday
    Jacks get the winner of usd and umkc
    Omaha get the winner of ndsu and und

Does anyone know for sure how many people make all conference? or how many teams there are?

I think Rozelyn Carillo should be POY
    but Saenz the 3rd base for usd will be in the running
    along with CF Eltze and White who i think plays 1b for Omaha

(i do not follow other teams enough to guarantee that i know spelling or playing positions)

My guess is that K Meyer from Omaha will be pitcher of the year
    hard to believe that Tori could dominate like she has in the last four games after an already good year and NOT win it
    if they base this mostly on performance from conference games, I think Tori has the better stats, but Meyer was female athlete of the month for April so even then it is not a given
    and if you look at season long stats Meyer did lead the conference in wins and had significantly better ERA and Opponent batting average against than Tori did

if you look at potential all conference the jacks SHOULD dominate depending on how many pitchers make the team and how many teams and players, the jacks have as many as 9 players who seem worthy of post season recognition
    if more than 2 pitchers make all conference then both Tori and Grace should make it, since ONLY Meyer is ahead of them. outside of Meyer they are easily the two best pitchers in the conference!!

I would basically guarantee that R Carillo and L Culver make all conference. they are easily the best shortstop and 2nd base in the conference
    Masterson has had a great year and is second in the league in HR, but if there is only one team and they go by position, then Sainz also plays 3rd base
    you would think that C Halvorsen has to be all conference. tough to leave the reigning POY off all conference when she leads the league in HR, but White from Omaha also plays first i think

anyway all 4 regular infielders, and both regular catchers, Yoder and Dumont, and normal designated player Lenox are deserving of recognition
    those 7 are all in the top 13 players in the league in OPS which is one of the best measurements of all around offensive performance

without knowing for sure how all conference team or teams are set up, my guess is that all four infielders get all conference recognition
    along with one of the catchers, they are both potentially worthy but since they split time they both have limited at bats. i will guess Yoder makes it but i wont be surprised if it is Dumont
    and i will guess both pitchers are recognized but if there is only room on the team for 2 pitchers then Grace will miss out despite an INCREDIBLE season!

that would give the jacks 7 on the all conference team. you could easily argue that they have more who are deserving!! maybe they get a bit less than that but it would only be because of some limitations on numbers because ALL 7 of those offensive players are in the top 11 in the conference in OPS
    actually all 11 of the girls who play the field with any regularity for the jacks are in the top half of the league in OPS- that is pretty crazy
    and BOTH of their pitchers are EASILY in the top 3 in the league
    the jacks have had a great year and i would expect all conference will reflect that

beyond that
    Meyer, White, and Eltze have been awesome for Omaha and should all make it
    usd will have Sainz and maybe one more but i cannot guess who
    ndsu does not really have a single star but have a handful of players who are all very good. i will take a stab and say Cardenas and maybe/ probably one more make it
    Brooke from St thomas and Hilbrenner from umkc have had great years and should both make it
    I dont know if every team is supposed to be recognized or not??? maybe moore from und is deserving and i cannot guess who from WIU
Working...
X