Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    Congrats, Jacks! Great tourney win under challenging circumstances, due to the weather.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    14 regions and 14 seeds listed and still no jacks

that means that they will play in a region hosted by one of the lowest seeded hosts

15 seed is missouri. i bet the jacks are in this region

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    oregon state is also in. the jacks beat them 2-1 in san diego

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    arkansas had both the SEC pitcher and player of the year. they were both transfers

field of 64 is being announced right now
    minnesota is in. jacks lost to them by 1 at minnesota
    nebraska is in. jacks did lose to them 9-0 but also beat them twice 6-2 and i think 16-4
    princeton jacks beat them 3-0
    loyola marymount jacks beat them twice. one of the wins was by run rule

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by Roy View Post
    It looks like they used the quota system for the all tourney team. Winner got 5, runner up got 4, third got 3, fourth got 2 and five and six got one each!
    yep! i cannot say that i listened to the whole team. a few seemed a bit of a surprise. but mostly it seemed fine

biggest surprise by far and the only thing i found disappointing was Peyton not making it. she had to be one of the top hitters in the tourney both by batting average and number of hits. stats list her with 5 htis but truthfully she had 6. unless there is some way to be on base that i dont know about without a hit or an error.

selection show at 6 on espn

BTW the arkansas team we lost to last year. they hosted our region and won it. they have FIVE transfers this year from D1 schools. i might not recall for sure but i think one from Oklahoma, Alabama, Tennessee, Tulsa, and Texas. they are probably a top eight team this year

Leave a comment:

• Roy
    replied
    It looks like they used the quota system for the all tourney team. Winner got 5, runner up got 4, third got 3, fourth got 2 and five and six got one each!

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Tori with the single game tournament record with 16 Ks
    Tori, Grace, Cylie, Emma Oz, Jocelyn make the all tourney team. Tori MVP

surprised that P Daugherty missed the tourney team. she definitely led the jacks in hits. VERY good tourney for peyton. hopefully she keeps the hot streak going in the region and beyond. seems like she might be coming into form at the right time
    she has been a little off this year with injuries but still batted .320
    for comparison, last year she led the jacks with 67 hits. R carillo is leading this year. i think she currently has 63

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    JACKS WIN! 5-0

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    jacks finally get some hard hit balls to land someplace other than a glove. take a 4-0 lead in top of 5

bottom of five leadoff hitter hits a seeing eye soft liner just over masterson at third. breaks up Tori's no hitter DANG IT

through 5. 15 outs one hit, NO walks!! and TWELVE Ks

if you have watched the games by these top 3 pitchers. Tori, Grace, and K Meyer they are all VERY GOOD!! but if you look at them it is pretty clear at least at this point in time one of them is EASILY the most dominant!
    Tori is unbelievable and if she has an ump who calls strikes at the top of the zone, she is nearly untouchable

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    jacks take the lead 1-0
    lenox swings at ball four to end the inning with a runner on
    this is the second game the jacks bat in the top of the inning?? why is the number one seed NOT the home team for the entire tourney??

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    the tough luck continues in bottom of two

the jacks hit three balls really well but only one of them finds the grass. but it seems some of the girls are seeing the ball very well off of meyer

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    after one so far so good for Tori. the ump has had a bit bigger zone on the top.

it would be really difficult to face grace and tori back to back. they are so different

grace works down in the zone and changes speeds. tori works up and more up

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    well i thought that grace pitched very well. and i did not think the ump behind the plate did her any favors. she had a LOT of pitches that hit the catcher in the glove, WITHOUT the glove moving, that were called balls

i am not saying that every time the catcher has to move the glove it is a ball, and every time it hits the glove is not a strike!! BUT i do watch the catchers glove a lot. and i do think that the pitcher who is hitting the target more often MOST of the time should get more called strikes. that was NOT the case in game one today

all that said, i thought that Tori was by far the most dominant pitcher yesterday. really without a question she had the most dominant outing of the tournament. including Meyer in the first game today.. Tori very easily could have had a no hitter yesterday. so hopefully she picks up where she left off!! ALSO hopefully we have a different ump than she had yesterday. and i AM NOT saying he did a bad job!! the ump from Tori game vs ndsu yesterday did an EXCELLENT job!! his strike zone was EXTREMEMLY CONSISTENT!! i simply meant that his zone was tight on the top and that is not the best circumstance for Tori who tends to be more of a high strike thrower

hopefully someone can get HOT with the bat. nobody has been hot yet in the tournament. i do not think anyone has more than one hit in any game. P Daugherty should have had two hits in this first game. she was on base twice but they only gave her one hit somehow??? they did not give omaha an error the second time she got on, so i have no idea how they scored that?? so she had a solid game and hopefully can keep it going
    we have had some girls putting up good at bats without results. R carillo hit the ball to the wall in the first inning but no hit and several good ABs yesterday with nothing to show for it. J Carillo had the same thing yesterday. hopefully someone gets HOT this game or at least the good ABs finally result in hits

so far we have ONLY scored in 2 innings in the whole tourney. it is time a few well hit balls start finding some holes, but for a winner take all game i would also be thinking about making sure the girls who are having the best AB are getting more chances and maybe shaking the lineup a bit

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Rally in 7th falls short, tying run at home plate with 2 outs , count 2-2 , Rozelyn hit the ball just a hair bit under the ball, got just enough bat on it to pop it up in the infield. Jacks went down fighting. Omaha had to win, their backs were against the wall, and they did. Final 3-0 Omaha. Next game for all the marbles.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Gm #1 against Omaha,big 5th inning for Omaha, scored 3 runs, Jacks only have 1 hit against Meyer to the 6th , 2 out in bottom of the , score remains 3-0

Leave a comment:

Working...
X