X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Saw that both softball complexes in SF were booked this weekend for major youth tournaments.
    maybe there is damage in sioux falls also, but i still have not heard of anything super significant (although i have been a bit out of the loop today also) but that was my suspicion. they keep those fields fairly booked up
    AGAIN, the circumstances are what they are and i believe the jacks will do fine!
    but Brandon has a good facility and i am sure that there are other fields, which are also closer to brookings

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I could be wrong but I'd guess the field is not damaged, the shac probably protected that(maybe the shac took some damage?) but the bigger problem is the fact that there is still no power in Brookings.
    thank you for the update rowdy!
    wow that stinks! obviously there are bigger problems connected to that than having to move softball games. hopefully nobody will suffer too badly(( losing power for that long will clearly have some significant consequences for businesses and families
    prayers for those impacted by this!

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Have you watched any news at all in the last 12 hours? Based on what is being reported I have to think there is a good chance any option in Sioux Falls would have extensive damage as well. Also, hosting a softball tournament is likely the last thing anyone in Sioux Falls wants to worry about right now.
    Saw that both softball complexes in SF were booked this weekend for major youth tournaments.

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied
    I could be wrong but I'd guess the field is not damaged, the shac probably protected that(maybe the shac took some damage?) but the bigger problem is the fact that there is still no power in Brookings.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by hareball View Post
    I am guessing that the USD - SDSU game was switched to Saturday morning so as to give the SDSU team, coaches and support staff more time to deal with all the storm damage in Brookings.

I am also guessing that the option of keeping the tournament in Brookings and switching so a single elimination format was explored. If I am the favorite to win the tournament, as SDSU is, I would definitely rather keep the double elimination format and move the games to Vermillion rather than staying in Brookings and have a single upset knock me out of the tournament.
    YES i am in agreement with you! the favorite always is even a GREATER favorite the more times they need to be beaten!!
    so yes i would agree with you. if the jacks had a choice i think they made the right one
    also your reason for switching from game 3 to game 4 makes sense. i just hope that they jacks were given an option

but at the end of the day the circumstances are what they are, regardless of how and why
    and i am sure the girls still feel very confident and i expect that they will play well

Leave a comment:

• hareball
    replied
    I am guessing that the USD - SDSU game was switched to Saturday morning so as to give the SDSU team, coaches and support staff more time to deal with all the storm damage in Brookings.

I am also guessing that the option of keeping the tournament in Brookings and switching so a single elimination format was explored. If I am the favorite to win the tournament, as SDSU is, I would definitely rather keep the double elimination format and move the games to Vermillion rather than staying in Brookings and have a single upset knock me out of the tournament.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied

Have you watched any news at all in the last 12 hours? Based on what is being reported I have to think there is a good chance any option in Sioux Falls would have extensive damage as well. Also, hosting a softball tournament is likely the last thing anyone in Sioux Falls wants to worry about right now.
    so any updates would be appreciated
    is the field destroyed? how much damage is there to the campus?
    i guess at least they were fortunate timing wise with graduation last week

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied

i live in sioux falls and work in luverne, MN. usually i work from about noon to about 7
    yesterday i had to move some furniture from one office to another after work, which also allowed me to avoid driving during the worst parts of the weather in and around sioux falls

therefore, i was late getting home, and NO i did not watch news, sorry
    i knew sioux falls had severe weather but the people i talked to did not inform me of severe damage. from what i saw, i thought the damage was much worse in western MN. there were LOTS of big trees down and vehicles overturned in MN
    but when i got back to SD, i did not see that type of damage
    i did not see a single tree down on west 12th or west 41st or on marion rd or sertoma or damage or vehicles wrecked anywhere along the interstates after getting back to SD
    kind of obvious i live on the west side. maybe the damage was much worse in other parts of sioux falls

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    ok i see the update on the summit site now

i hope the jacks were given the option of which game they wanted between the one game tonight at 5 or the game tomorrow morning. that is all that is scheduled so far. with the rest to be determined.

i am not sure what the prevailing preference is. is it better to play one game and have the day off. that is what omaha and ndsu will get after playing tonight. or is it better to get in a rhythm and keep playing like the jacks and usd will have?
    i dont know what the preference is, but i hope at least the jacks were given the choice. i hope they were not scheduled to play in game 3 and moved to game 4 without any input, after already losing the chance to host
    that would be my hope, but at the end of the day there are things more important. and they are used to being on the road and succeeding under a variety of circumstances

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

you know i really dont just set out to write long posts. but this info makes me have a lot of thoughts or questions. that happens a lot

first there was no way to play in sioux falls? or ANY other field or fields in brookings?
    second, i guess that means that the damage on campus is pretty significant. that is a big BUMMER(((((
    3rd, that really sucks for the program!! and the girls!!! they EARNED the right to play these games at home!!! but they are obviously used to playing and WINNING a lot of games on the road

4, any updates on when the games start? today?
    5, WOW the four seed who lost double digit games in conference and was ONE yes ONLY ONE game over .500 and still had as many all conference players as the jacks and more than any team except the jacks, NOW gets to host the conference tourney. does someone with the usd softball or athletic program have compromising photos of the new commissioner or something? haha)) kind of)

not to go on that rant again, but seriously!!! the jacks had 3 players in the top 15, including two in the top 10, overall offensive performers in the league who DID NOT make all conference. usd has 3 players OUTSIDE the top 20 who do make the team. HUH??? WHAT??? REALLY???

and finally back to point one and two
    i guess this means that the damage on campus is pretty severe, because otherwise WHY could they not have moved games just for today to sioux falls or someplace even usd(( and then returned to brookings to finish the tourney. sioux falls seems easier. teams would not even need to move hotels. it is a simple and easy bus ride to SF to play games today. then return to brookings for the remainder, unless the field got destroyed???

how much time and money is it going to take to fix damage to the campus?

there are MANY MANY things more important in this scenario!!! but i had today off from work and was really looking forward to seeing the girls live!! but also to getting to brookings!! seeing the campus, that ALWAYS makes me smile!!! and having some burgers at Nicks))!!!!

i would like to support the girls live but i swore off going to vermillion a long time ago

now i am guessing that maybe sioux falls normal diamonds for this type of event might be in use for the NSIC?? but there are LOTS of fields closer to brookings than vermillion. i know that brandon has fields that are very nice for softball and i am pretty sure harrisburg also does. and i guess it would also be easier for midco to go to those for broadcast purposes

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    The rest of the tournament will be played in Vermillion. The 4 seed is now the host, and guess who the Jackrabbits have to play first?
    you know i really dont just set out to write long posts. but this info makes me have a lot of thoughts or questions. that happens a lot

first there was no way to play in sioux falls? or ANY other field or fields in brookings?
    second, i guess that means that the damage on campus is pretty significant. that is a big BUMMER(((((
    3rd, that really sucks for the program!! and the girls!!! they EARNED the right to play these games at home!!! but they are obviously used to playing and WINNING a lot of games on the road

4, any updates on when the games start? today?
    5, WOW the four seed who lost double digit games in conference and was ONE yes ONLY ONE game over .500 and still had as many all conference players as the jacks and more than any team except the jacks, NOW gets to host the conference tourney. does someone with the usd softball or athletic program have compromising photos of the new commissioner or something? haha)) kind of)

not to go on that rant again, but seriously!!! the jacks had 3 players in the top 15, including two in the top 10, overall offensive performers in the league who DID NOT make all conference. usd has 3 players OUTSIDE the top 20 who do make the team. HUH??? WHAT??? REALLY???

and finally back to point one and two
    i guess this means that the damage on campus is pretty severe, because otherwise WHY could they not have moved games just for today to sioux falls or someplace even usd(( and then returned to brookings to finish the tourney. sioux falls seems easier. teams would not even need to move hotels. it is a simple and easy bus ride to SF to play games today. then return to brookings for the remainder, unless the field got destroyed???

how much time and money is it going to take to fix damage to the campus?

there are MANY MANY things more important in this scenario!!! but i had today off from work and was really looking forward to seeing the girls live!! but also to getting to brookings!! seeing the campus, that ALWAYS makes me smile!!! and having some burgers at Nicks))!!!!

i would like to support the girls live but i swore off going to vermillion a long time ago

now i am guessing that maybe sioux falls normal diamonds for this type of event might be in use for the NSIC?? but there are LOTS of fields closer to brookings than vermillion. i know that brandon has fields that are very nice for softball and i am pretty sure harrisburg also does. and i guess it would also be easier for midco to go to those for broadcast purposes

Leave a comment:

• THE PRIDE IS BACK!!!
    replied
    The rest of the tournament will be played in Vermillion. The 4 seed is now the host, and guess who the Jackrabbits have to play first?

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    WOW the weather sure is taking a big bite out of the fun for this tournament and this weekend((

latest updates i am seeing say that power was out campus wide and that there is damage to the campus

does anyone have any further updates or details?

the weather appears that it should be ok now and going forward, but how much damage is there? are they going to need to move the games?

and of course the games are significant but compared to everyones health and safety they are meaningless!!

i hope everyone is SAFE! i also hope the campus is not significantly damaged!!! but i hope the girls get to play this tournament at home, as they earned the privilege to play at home

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    i guess what the awards say is that the voters basically threw away stats and production from out of conference games
    i cannot say i agree with that, but it that is the system then that is the system

grace being pitcher of the year points to that
    but then there is NO REASON for Masterson to be second team. she led the league in homeruns and slugging percentage if you look ONLY at league games. Sainz had a great year and i feel like based off the WHOLE season, i would have voted her 2nd for POY!! but if you go only conference games then Masterson was the better 3rd base player

anyway overall it is not bad. and most of the players make sense!! for me, there is no way to justify SEVEN players from the 4th place team!! even if it is only conference games. in my thinking Sainz definitely makes it. probably the pitcher edwards, and i think Moser the outfielder
    but based on all season, usd had 3 players outside the top 20 offensive players make all conference, while the jacks had 3 inside the top 14 who DID NOT!! including two in the top ten!!
    and if ALL SIX of those players had such amazing stats in the conference HOW did they barely finish about 500??
    they were 11-10 in conference and not like they were hot coming down the stretch. they lost at least 5 games in last 3 weeks including getting swept by umkc the final weekend
    they LOST TEN games and they had equal number of players on all conference as the jacks who have not lost since the second weekend and lost ONLY 2 games in conference
    usd lost as many games in conference as the jacks lost all year

haha i say overall not bad then rant about usd)) haha but truly the team pretty much makes sense other than the 4th place team who was 1 game over .500 having as many players on the team as the first place team
    if it is overall stats, these usd players are not even close!!!
    and if it is in season they could not have been that great or their team would not have lost ten times

take off 4 or 5 of the usd players
    add culver and dumont
    figure out 2 or 3 to replace the usd players and then it would be perfect))) well if we are going for perfection, Meyer really should be pitcher of the year too!! but at least you can make a sensible argument for grace. there is NO sensible argument for usd having 7 players on all conference. and i also cannot imagine that Culver had such horrific stats in conference games but somehow stayed top ten in overall offensive value

i think maybe gates from ndsu was deserving but the 5 they have are fine too
    i dont think ndsu needs 6 but those 6 make more sense than the 7 from usd

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    the MOST confusing pieces are leaving Culver off
    and HOW in the world does usd have SEVEN players on here????

i never made ANY serious argument for Dumont or Lenox to be on the team
    but Dumont was the SIXTH best offensive player in the league based on OPS. yet somehow she is not on the team but Goerke from usd is? i mention Goerke specifically because they both play catcher and Goerke is NOT in the top 20 offensive players
    I could really understand Lenox not being on the team, even though she was top 15 offensive player by OPS. but she plays no defense. i do not think she played a single out on defense this year. in the past she has caught. but with freshman Dumont doing half the catching this year, Lenox has strictly DP. and while she still had a very good year, her numbers took a SEVERE drop from last year
    but if you compare her to many of the players on this list she was very deserving!!!

Overall i think there is a fine argument for the jacks having 7 players. they had 8 last year and their top players on offense were less dominant this year so dropping to 7 makes sense!! but i think you could also argue that they are deeper with good contributions from a greater number of players
    particularly the HUGE improvement by Masterson and the additions of Dumont and Jarecki
    but the Jacks have been carried much more by their pitchers this year!
    7 is a fine number but Culver absolutely should be on the team!!! she is a top 10 player!! the most sensible thing would be she is on and usd has less players. but if you want to keep the jacks at 7 then she should be on instead of probably Jocelyn or perhaps Yoder

and there is NO WAY usd should have 7!!! they should have NO MORE than 3!! the only truly deserving player is Sainz the other 6 are decent and you could choose almost any 2 of those 6 depending on what criteria you favor
    But truly both Culver and Dumont are better than every player from usd who made all conference except for Sainz!!

i understand how UNO got 2nd place and has only 4. you could argue they should only have 3 but i am totally fine with 4. they had a good year but they were carried very much by 3 players!! Meyer carried everyone!! and Eltzie had a great year on offense and so did White, although her games and at bats were less

I hope this motivates Culver and she goes nuclear hot for the post season) if we could get two or three players on offense to have a BIG hot streak for the next 3 weeks this team truly could go to the world series!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X