X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting List

JoeBoo22 posted this earlier on this thread:
    Re: 2013 Recruiting List

You can have 13 scholarship players on your roster.

Assuming that Tony and Nate don't red shirt (and graduate) and everyone on the team stays and the 4 verbals sign you will have

Matt Donlan
    Jake Bittle
    Connor Devine
    Taevaunn Prince
    Zach Horstman
    Braydon Carlson
    Chad White
    Jordan Dykstra
    Marcus Heemstra

Logan Doyle
    Anders Browman
    Layne Severyn
    Skyler Flatten

I believe we have 4 walk on guys at this time - assuming everyone involved is happy for them to stay then I would be confident that we don't pick up any more walkons - however if there is a real talent that we are trying to bring in and given that there is no scholly available then maybe one or more of the present walkons gets the golden handshake to make a little room......
    Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Any word if any or all of them have signed yet? I would assume their will be a relase from SDSU that has them but will wait till they are all in obviously. The women recruits must sign and fax that stuff in way early to already have the press release.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Any word if any or all of them have signed yet? I would assume their will be a relase from SDSU that has them but will wait till they are all in obviously. The women recruits must sign and fax that stuff in way early to already have the press release.
        I would expect all of them to sign (those of you that are not on twitter, I would highly recommend it, as you get alot of good information as it happens).

Some tweets:
        Terry Vandrovec ‏@TerryVandrovec
        Also expected: @andersbroman10, @sflat10 and @LaneSeveryn. MT @doyle_logan: national signing day. its about 2 b official. SDSU here i come!

Paul Seville ‏@PaulWSeville
        Congrats to Skyler Flatten, Lane Severyn, Zach Hanson, Samantha Knecht, Brynn Flakus & Kerri Young on LOI Signing Day! #Proud

Comment

I haven't heard anything on them recruiting walk-ons, but that doesn't mean 1 or 2 won't find their way to Brookings before next year.

I'm wondering if a coach isn't traveling to a few of the signings because of the locality of the signings.
          Last edited by joeboo22; 11-14-2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Jacks sign 4

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205738084

Comment

wow am I excited for this list. They have the chance to continue something special but I think take it to the next level.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

The year 2013 will be stellar,Katie Lingle, Ashley Eide, Leah Dietel,will be gone,but can take pride in knowing they ,along with those who preceeded them,made the recruiting game much easier for AJ and staff.I would include Steph Paluch too, but she may yet redshirt.

2013 roster

Tera Heiser
                Hanna Strop
                Megan Waytashek
                Gabriel Boever
                Megan Stuart
                Mariah Clarin
                Rachel Walters
                Jessica Hart
                Chloe Cornemann
                Chynna Stevens
                Kerri Young
                Clarissa Ober
                Tiffaney Flaata
                Steph Paluch (maybe redshirt)
                Ann Aamlid (scholarship,walk on ?)

This is a great roster, little bit of everything talent wise.But we don't have to look too far ahead, as this years roster will make us proud and I'm sure we can expect great things from this years group.

Comment

I think your in the wrong thread jackdaniel

As far as the men's recruiting class, here is my projection of it.

Lane Severyn. As described is similar to a Griffin Callahan, but is more talented. Could turn into a Carlson type of player. A hard nose guy who can defend, get to the hoop, etc. Probably not going to run the point but I think he can be a get me over point guard depending on the matchup. Is probably physically gifted enough not to have to red shirt.

Logan Doyle- Will probably remind guys of a Tony Feigen, the type of guy who won't put up 20 points a game but might prevent that many. More of a physical type of guy rather talent type of guy. Would fit the definition as bruiser.

Skyler Flatten- definition as no ceiling is probably right as Nagy described. Talented enough to play right away but might not be physically developed enough to play right away. (something not be decided until next year). Very athletically gifted.

Anders Browman- I think he is the toughest one to determine. The somewhat undersized (though he isn't short at 6'2"), shooting guard is the toughest position to project for college. Add in the fact I've never seen prolonged video of the kid I just can't project him accurately.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    The year 2013 will be stellar,Katie Lingle, Ashley Eide, Leah Dietel,will be gone,but can take pride in knowing they ,along with those who preceeded them,made the recruiting game much easier for AJ and staff.I would include Steph Paluch too, but she may yet redshirt.

2013 roster

Tera Heiser
                    Hanna Strop
                    Megan Waytashek
                    Gabriel Boever
                    Megan Stuart
                    Mariah Clarin
                    Rachel Walters
                    Jessica Hart
                    Chloe Cornemann
                    Chynna Stevens
                    Kerri Young
                    Clarissa Ober
                    Tiffaney Flaata
                    Steph Paluch (maybe redshirt)
                    Ann Aamlid (scholarship,walk on ?)

This is a great roster, little bit of everything talent wise.But we don't have to look too far ahead, as this years roster will make us proud and I'm sure we can expect great things from this years group.
                    That bunch is gonna killed on the boards.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      I think your in the wrong thread jackdaniel

As far as the men's recruiting class, here is my projection of it.

Lane Severyn. As described is similar to a Griffin Callahan, but is more talented. Could turn into a Carlson type of player. A hard nose guy who can defend, get to the hoop, etc. Probably not going to run the point but I think he can be a get me over point guard depending on the matchup. Is probably physically gifted enough not to have to red shirt.

Logan Doyle- Will probably remind guys of a Tony Feigen, the type of guy who won't put up 20 points a game but might prevent that many. More of a physical type of guy rather talent type of guy. Would fit the definition as bruiser.

Skyler Flatten- definition as no ceiling is probably right as Nagy described. Talented enough to play right away but might not be physically developed enough to play right away. (something not be decided until next year). Very athletically gifted.

Anders Browman- I think he is the toughest one to determine. The somewhat undersized (though he isn't short at 6'2"), shooting guard is the toughest position to project for college. Add in the fact I've never seen prolonged video of the kid I just can't project him accurately.
                      Scoring 42 points agame at any level is impressive and means he knows how to get the ball in the hoop. unless he plays in the worst division of high school athletes ever which i doubt he does.....I think he has the potential to be the guy that almost like wolters, we arent sure what we have, but flat out turns out to be a stud. I see him as a louie krogman type who can score, but only better and plays D.

Oh, and one more thing. Anders.....Naters.......anyone else see the similarity? When tourny time comes there will be some Bromances and Bromania about.

Comment

oOOPS,no clarity of thought coupled with TOO much moving around

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          This kid is going to be good, no question about that. Too smart and too hard of a worker not to be. Any question about whether he could compete physically should have been answered by his performance in AAU ball this summer (played against some of the top talent in the nation and was 2nd leading scorer on his team, only behind the #1 PG recruit in the nation).

I'd also note that he is not strictly a jump shooter, which sometimes is the reason SGs can be hard to project (can they get their jumpshot off at the next level?). Anders has one of the most impressive mid range/off the dribble games you'll see from a pure shooter, which will keep defenders honest.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            I'd also note that he is not strictly a jump shooter, which sometimes is the reason SGs can be hard to project (can they get their jumpshot off at the next level?). Anders has one of the most impressive mid range/off the dribble games you'll see from a pure shooter, which will keep defenders honest.
                            Hmm can't think who that reminds me of.... someone, the name is just out of reach... Oh yeah.. Nate Wolters. (We can only hope right)

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                              Hmm can't think who that reminds me of.... someone, the name is just out of reach... Oh yeah.. Nate Wolters. (We can only hope right)
                              Honestly, if anyone on this board lives long enough to see another player like Nate Wolters, they will be extremely lucky. Potential first round NBA pick, every imaginable pre-season list, etc.

I don't think its very fair to compare incoming recruits to Nate.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                                Honestly, if anyone on this board lives long enough to see another player like Nate Wolters, they will be extremely lucky. Potential first round NBA pick, every imaginable pre-season list, etc.

I don't think its very fair to compare incoming recruits to Nate.
                                You are right. Just saying underrated kid coming out of Minnesota, who is a gym rat, with a sweet jumper and great gets to the hoop.

Not that I expect him to do what Nate has, just that he sounds like him. I wouldn't compare him, at least not until he has used his four years of eligibility and we can see what he does in a Jacks Uni. But I do see why you made the comment and will be more careful in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X