2012 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 recruits

Any news on Montel James? This kid looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by willyB62 View Post
      Any news on Montel James? This kid looks good.
      I don't know, he was following an assistant from USD so I private messaged him on twitter asking him if it was SD State or USD, and he said SD State but had talked to USD. So I tweeted it, and then was going to ask him if he was fully qualified, and if he had planned on visiting, cause he mentioned something about taking an ACT, but he had blocked me on twitter by then. So I really don't know much.

I do know SDSU has a coach, at the Bestbuy spring classic in Bloomington MN, this weekend. That is according the Pump N run coach. Pretty big tournament, Coach K, Bo Ryan, Jim Boeheim are all at the tournament. Its a big weekend for tournaments, there are a couple uncommitted 2012 recruit (hs, ps, juco) showcases this weekend, plus a NY2LA tournament as well.

USD has already signed 5 recruits for next year (2 HS, 1 PS, 2 JUCO) 3 will be freshman, 1 will be a sophomore, 1 will be a junior. Which not counting Boots, puts them at 13 scholarships for next year already by my count.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        USD has already signed 5 recruits for next year (2 HS, 1 PS, 2 JUCO) 3 will be freshman, 1 will be a sophomore, 1 will be a junior. Which not counting Boots, puts them at 13 scholarships for next year already by my count.
        I don't know if it's been announced or not, but they are losing some people besides the seniors from last year's team.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          I don't know if it's been announced or not, but they are losing some people besides the seniors from last year's team.
          If your source is solid, what are details?
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
            If your source is solid, what are details?
            Nobody that contributed that much. Can't give much more detail than that, though.

Comment

I counted 1 guy, the 6-10 JuCo from England..... That is the only one that is announced that I know of. That put it at 14 if you count Boots, 13 if you don't.

Comment

I counted 1 guy, the 6-10 JuCo from England..... That is the only one that is announced that I know of. That put it at 14 if you count Boots, 13 if you don't.
                There will be more. And Boots is on scholarship, so he'll be counted.

Comment

Allen Saint-Gelais, 6-7 junior, was one of the USD basketball players who quit. That's been published. He's going to try football instead. The 6-10 guy, Nick Mabbutt, is transferring to a D-II school.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    Allen Saint-Gelais, 6-7 junior, was one of the USD basketball players who quit. That's been published. He's going to try football instead. The 6-10 guy, Nick Mabbutt, is transferring to a D-II school.
                    That's who I knew of. Didn't know it had been published, though. He didn't get along well with the coaches from what I've heard.

Comment

That's who I knew of. Didn't know it had been published, though. He didn't get along well with the coaches from what I've heard.
                      Actually, there is one other person that I heard is leaving that hasn't been on any lists.

Comment

This thread is weaving all over the road and it looks like it's going to crash into a tree. Here's an idea: let's have a thread that discusses SDSU's 2012 recruits. Sometimes such a thread may mention other schools because there may be some news that impacts SDSU recruiting in some fashion.

News of other schools belong in other sections.

Comment

I don't know, he was following an assistant from USD so I private messaged him on twitter asking him if it was SD State or USD, and he said SD State but had talked to USD. So I tweeted it, and then was going to ask him if he was fully qualified, and if he had planned on visiting, cause he mentioned something about taking an ACT, but he had blocked me on twitter by then. So I really don't know much.

I do know SDSU has a coach, at the Bestbuy spring classic in Bloomington MN, this weekend. That is according the Pump N run coach. Pretty big tournament, Coach K, Bo Ryan, Jim Boeheim are all at the tournament. Its a big weekend for tournaments, there are a couple uncommitted 2012 recruit (hs, ps, juco) showcases this weekend, plus a NY2LA tournament as well.

Probably not a good idea to be messing with potential recruits on twitter joeboo...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                            Probably not a good idea to be messing with potential recruits on twitter joeboo...
                            just to clarify....

I was asking him if it was SD-State or USD.

I just try to find info, not actively recruit or mess with.

I do believe it is a fine line, and fans shouldn't be recruiting or anything on these media sources.

Comment

A week or so ago, it was implied that SDSU had a target, and expected a commit. Do any of you in the know, know if that is still the case?

Comment

just to clarify....

I was asking him if it was SD-State or USD.

I just try to find info, not actively recruit or mess with.

I do believe it is a fine line, and fans shouldn't be recruiting or anything on these media sources.
                                I see no problem in asking if it was SDSU or USD, but finding out additional info like if he is fully qualified or if he was planning a visit might be pushing it. Someone from another school reading his twitter sees you asking him if he is planning a visit and they might get the wrong idea about maybe you trying to set up a meeting. Best to play it safe.
                                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                                X