Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 recruits

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    JoeBoo, trust your insight on this. Is this a gut instinct or are you hearing things?
    He had an interview with a Utah newspaper/website and stated Utah was an unofficial. Generally if its an unofficial, there is high interest from the player, because he is paying for it. Also with Utah being a Pac-12 school, they play up and down the coast, where he is from. Just from reading his twitter account, and reading some write-ups on him he always talks highly of Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      He had an interview with a Utah newspaper/website and stated Utah was an unofficial. Generally if its an unofficial, there is high interest from the player, because he is paying for it. Also with Utah being a Pac-12 school, they play up and down the coast, where he is from. Just from reading his twitter account, and reading some write-ups on him he always talks highly of Utah.
      Can't blame him if he picked Utah or Nebraska over State
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Here is the Q&A I was referencing

http://hoyosrevenge.com/2012/04/16/q...ordan-hayward/

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          Can't blame him if he picked Utah or Nebraska over State
          Nebraska is no great shakes in basketball. The Jacks can and should compete for recruits with Nebraska. Think big. Act big.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Does anyone know if any visits are scheduled this weekend. Generally they come in either Thursday night or Friday morning so if one was planned people would know about it

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              Nebraska is no great shakes in basketball. The Jacks can and should compete for recruits with Nebraska. Think big. Act big.
              and Utah is terrible 6-25 last year. SDSU is by far the highest RPI team looking at Matt

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketb...basketball_rpi

SDSU 50
              Neb. 147
              IUPUI 212
              Stetson 263
              Utah 270

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                and Utah is terrible 6-25 last year. SDSU is by far the highest RPI team looking at Matt

SDSU 50
                Neb. 147
                IUPUI 212
                Stetson 263
                Utah 270
                From the sound of it, Utah is high because of the Pac-12 ties, he is a California kid (from Australia)

RPI helps recruiting a bit, but so does big buildings on campus, and games on TV.

Comment

Excellent points, LakeJack.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Is he the only kid we are recruiting? I hope we add at least one more player for next year.

Comment

So people actually believe SDSU is a better program than Utah or Nebraska? I can MAYBE see Utah just because they suck so much, but never Nebraska.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
                        Is he the only kid we are recruiting? I hope we add at least one more player for next year.
                        I'm sure they are still recruiting. I don't even know if this guy has an offer.

This weekend there are a couple of class of 2012 tournaments where JuCo's Prep's and HS seniors all show up. My guess is there will be a coach at one of them, if not more.

I'm sure there are more visits scheduled they just aren't made public.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          So people actually believe SDSU is a better program than Utah or Nebraska? I can MAYBE see Utah just because they suck so much, but never Nebraska.
                          Yup I sure do. It is really sad that you think that Nebraska is better then SDSU by default. Ask anyone who has the better dairy program, as just one example. How about Women's basketball? Tell me, when was the last time that Nebraska's Men's Basketball team made the NCAA Tournament? Here is a hint, they have not been to the Tournament this century (Answer is 1998 and before that 1994). They have only been to the NCAA's 6 times in their history and they have never won a game (They have lost to Western Kentucky, Xavier, UConn, New Mexico State, Penn, and Arkansas) in the NCAA's.

We are not talking about football.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post

SDSU 50
                            Neb. 147
                            IUPUI 212
                            Stetson 263
                            Utah 270
                            Oh yea and to quote myself SDSU is almost 100 places better in this year's RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              I think it is awesome that we have pride in our Jacks and believe that we can compete with neighboring schools in the Big XXX conferences. However, it is very difficult to compete with the resources that those power conferences have access to. Tim Miles is making a big splash for a coach with no experience at the power conference level. They have a long ways to go before they can compete for a legit shot at playing in the big dance. Yet they now have practice facilities that compete with any program in the nation and will soon have a new arena for their recruits to play in.

Miles has elevated his recruiting sites on players that have options at Kansas, Duke, NC, and other big time programs. Yet he is also making it a priority to land the elite local players - that includes making an offer to Zach Hanson from Pierre. It will take time and some future success before he starts landing the elite players, but he has had top 100 players visit campus already. While I have pride in what Nagy and State has done recently, I just don't see us having that level of recruit visiting Brookings on a regular basis.

Comment

You do know that the reason we are talking about Nebraska is because Tim is recruiting a kid from California who is also looking at SDSU, IUPUI, and Stetson right? Sorry Nebraska is not elite in Basketball and I don't think that Tim will be able to get them in the top half of the Big 10 let alone to be a "big time" program. Football is king at Nebraska and it always will be. There are only two season for most of Husker Nation - Football Season and Spring Football Season.

Comment

Working...
                                X